Academy Under 18s season 2011/12

fantram

I couldn't find a thread for this season's Academy matches, so I may as well start one....

Results to date

20 August – Crewe Alexandra 3 Aston Villa 7

Goalscorers: Malcolm Melvin (2), Umit Eminoglu (2), Callum Robinson (2), Darious Darkin

Team details unknown

27 August – Aston Villa 2 Newcastle United 1

Goalscorers: Umit Eminoglu, Charlie Ward

Team details unknown

3 September – Ipswich Town v Aston Villa Result ????

Fixtures

September

10 – Charlton Athletic v Aston Villa

17 – Aston Villa v Fulham

24 – Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa

October

1 – Aston Villa v Leicester City

8 – Reading v Aston Villa

15 – Aston Villa v Milton Keynes Dons

29 – Cardiff City v Aston Villa

November

5 – Aston Villa v Watford

12 – Coventry City v Aston Villa

19 – Birmingham City v Aston Villa

December

3 – Bristol City v Aston Villa

10 – Aston Villa v Milton Keynes Dons

17 – Aston Villa v Cardiff City

January

7 – Watford v Aston Villa

14 – Aston Villa v Coventry City

21 – Aston Villa v Birmingham City

28 – Bristol City v Aston Villa

February

11 – Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur

18 – Leicester City v Aston Villa

25 – Aston Villa v Reading

March

3 – Aston Villa v Norwich City

10 – Arsenal v Aston Villa

18 – Aston Villa v Crystal Palace

31 – Chelsea v Aston Villa

April

21 – Aston Villa v Portsmouth

May

5 – Semi-finals

12 – Final

i think it's superb, the 1st years are a very special bunch

Tell us more sir_gary, and which ones are the 1st years? I haven't seen any team sheets for the games so far, but the goalscorers all seem to be names that were around last season.

Thanks to the Charlton website, here's our team details for the Charlton game: Barrett; Jenkins, Bryan, Donacien, Webb; Graham, Melvin, Ward, Grealish (Barton 72); Serrano de la Cruz (Darkin 46), Robinson (Nelson 72).

Substitutes not used: Hill, Bartram.

Bartram is a new name on me - is he one of the 1st years, sir_gary?

i think it's superb, the 1st years are a very special bunch

Tell us more sir_gary, and which ones are the 1st years? I haven't seen any team sheets for the games so far, but the goalscorers all seem to be names that were around last season.

the likes of ward, melvin, robinson and graham, i think they're listed on the official site

Anybody know any of these boys? I'm after some DOBs for Football Manager 2012............As last year a biscuit to anybody who can come up with birthdates for the new intake (I've got Jordan Graham, Callum Robinson, Jack Grealish, Josh Webb and Charlie Ward).

Not a vintage crop this year by the looks of things. We have been spoiled with the quality of our youth teams for the past 10 years.

We do get very focused on results and the whole team and judge by that. It would be great if we could produce 11 a year but I would rather have one Rooney a year with a good squaddie than 11 good players that do well at that level?

For those of you who follow the youth team. We had a very creditable 2-2 draw with Leicester this morning. Juanjo Serrano opened the scoring for Villa after some good work from Jordan Graham. Leicester equalised before half time from a free kick. Josh Barton put us 2-1 ahead with a fine volley after Connor Taylor had headed back a cross from Seb Jenkins but Leicester scored a late equaliser to share the points.

Darious Darkin, Malcolm Melvin, Connor Taylor and Jordan Graham played well for Villa.

Â