Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone still hasn't got this (like me) my mate sent me a link yesterday and it's now £5.99

I think that's through Steam but I only glanced at the link so nto certain. If not I'll post it here later if anyone's interested

Click me

doubled in price now. But still cheapish

I still cant seem to score from corners / set pieces though. 2 goals all season, that's it.

I score quite a lot from corners, one of my centre halves usually gets 8-10 goals a season. Ill post the setup later if you'd like.

Cheers dude

I have my corners aimed at the near post. Then the individual player instructions are..

GK : Back

RB : Back

CB : Attack near post

CB : Challenge keeper

LB : Back

CDM : Back

CM : Go forward

CM : Go forward

LM : Go forward

RM : Go forward

ST : Attack far post

Thats how I have mine set up and the CB attacking the near post should be your best at heading.

Will give it a go.

I've also built a tactic around the formation I want to play with the players I want to play. Let's see how it works out. I've always been crap at tweaking my own tactics and they never do any good.

Took a real nose dive in form. I was flying with Arsenal, but now, same tactics and players, ive suddenly gone really shite. Still winning but scraping by in games!
Sometimes the game seems to punish you for over-reliance on the same tactic, which is why you need to keep the team familiarised with a couple of alternatives. Sometimes after you switch tactics and win a game, you get a press blurb along the lines of 'Manager Wiggyrichard really surprised everyone with his choice of a 4-2-3-1 instead of 4-4-2 formation, it was tactically too much for the opposition to deal with' or similar. Usually this only happens after using the same tactics for a looong time, however.

Alternatively one or two of your key players might need an earbashing, or your squad might have grown complacent as a whole. If you're still winning but only scraping it, I suspect complacency.

Right, started a fresh. Got rid of some deadwood and raised a fair bit. Got some great replacements in. Really taken my time and micromanaged everything this time. Created 2 of my own tactics w/ set pieces. One control free flowing attack one and a defensive counter one.

Got Adam Johnson offered to me after he got unsettled at the start of August for 5m. Snapped their hand off. Kolorov for 3m. Bent went for 22m to City (first time that's happened). Joaquin for 3.9m and he scored a hattrick on his debut. Legend.

24dk7z5.jpg

Conceded just 1 goal over the course of the pre-season and kept a clean sheet in my first Prem game. Looking good!

34r6k5l.jpg

As an internet window or just a window?

On a PC (I'm guessing it's the same on a mac) there's an option to play the game in a window rather than as fullscreen, so I'd suggest going into settings and seeing if you've got that selected.

Right, started a fresh. Got rid of some deadwood and raised a fair bit. Got some great replacements in. Really taken my time and micromanaged everything this time. Created 2 of my own tactics w/ set pieces. One control free flowing attack one and a defensive counter one.

Got Adam Johnson offered to me after he got unsettled at the start of August for 5m. Snapped their hand off. Kolorov for 3m. Bent went for 22m to City (first time that's happened). Joaquin for 3.9m and he scored a hattrick on his debut. Legend.

24dk7z5.jpg

Conceded just 1 goal over the course of the pre-season and kept a clean sheet in my first Prem game. Looking good!

34r6k5l.jpg

Come on Dude, get the badges! :)

Just scored the most goals in a season than i've ever done before with Villa.

259y443.jpg

Finally got a new stadium on the way. Took 2 seasons of selling out every game and about £70m in the bank.

fyzln4.jpg

Yaya Sanogo is just scoring for fun. These are his records since he joined on a free. Starting from the first season onwards.

15c6e9.jpg

10xxe1u.jpg

3321f5u.jpg

24gstag.jpg

35ars3m.jpg

11tqvra.jpg

dbjhy.jpg

2pphbi9.jpg

Villa have just been relegated to the Championship in my save :(

After starting at Truro City in the BSS I finished just outside the play offs twice before moving to Darlington in the BSP and getting relegated and then finishing 2nd in the BSN. After this I joined AFC Telford and won the BSN at a canter and finished just outside the play offs in the BSP. My second season in the BSP we were in the play off positions when League Two Hartlepool came in for me, so I am there at the minute, trying to play catch up and get into the play offs. Just about to finish the 2016/17 season.

His stats don't look impressive at all. My assistant keeps telling me i should use him as back-up for the first team. This tactic really needs someone up front with more finishing and pace, but it works for him fine.

6jeyqt.jpg

http://www.2shared.com/file/JR7-Z6IS/4-5-1_Main_.html

Here are some of the stats your players should have and little things i use such as patch prep.

GOALKEEPER: key attributes are Reflexes, Handling and One on ones.

FULLBACKS: They will support the attack when in possession but also need to get back when not so look for attributes in Stamina, Tackling and Crossing.

CENTRAL DEFENDERS: Strength, Heading and Concentration.

BALL WINNING MIDFIELDER: Preferably over 6ft tall and build like a brick shit house. Tackling, Strength, Positioning and Heading.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER: Passing, Creativity and Technique.

WINGERS: Pace and Acceleration obviously. Dribbling, Crossing and Creativity.

TREQUARTISTA: The main creative force of your team. The play-maker. This guy needs to be a gifted player, your most gifted player. Most things will go through him. Technique obviously, also Creativity, Passing, Flair. Finishing will add extra goals too.

POACHER: In my save he has scored for fun. Pace, Acceleration, Finishing and composure.

PITCH: Small.

MATCH PREP Attacking Movement.

SHOUTS AND OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS: I don't use them.

CORNERS: Always make sure your left winger takes them

If player gets a red card sacrifice the TREQUARTISTA.

You have to get the right players in the positions for this to work. If those key players don't have creativity you wont score goals. People like the change their tactics mid season, but i have used this tactic since the beginning and im in 2020 now. Just give the tactic some time and it should come good.

Â