Predictions and general chat

BOF

Some early playoff picture scenarios that could play out over the next few weeks...

* Seahawks clinch the NFC West by winning their next three games (Vikings, Saints, @ 49ers), as that would make the Seahawks 12-4 at worst with a season sweep of the 49ers. The 49ers could still finish 12-4, but the season sweep would ensure that the Seahawks win a tiebreaker over the 49ers. The Cardinals could finish 12-4, but that would require a win over the 49ers in Week 17, so there's no chance of a 3-way tie at 12-4. Any scenario where the Seahawks tie the Cardinals at 12-4 would resolve in the Seahawks favor on division record (4-2 vs. 3-3).

* Chiefs clinch the AFC West by winning their next three games (@ Broncos, Chargers, Broncos) combined with a Patriots win over the Broncos. The Chiefs would be 12-4 at worst with a season sweep of the Broncos. The Broncos would be 12-4 at best.

Hopefully the Seahawks win the next three and lose their next game then!

Some early playoff picture scenarios that could play out over the next few weeks...

* Seahawks clinch the NFC West by winning their next three games (Vikings, Saints, @ 49ers), as that would make the Seahawks 12-4 at worst with a season sweep of the 49ers. The 49ers could still finish 12-4, but the season sweep would ensure that the Seahawks win a tiebreaker over the 49ers. The Cardinals could finish 12-4, but that would require a win over the 49ers in Week 17, so there's no chance of a 3-way tie at 12-4. Any scenario where the Seahawks tie the Cardinals at 12-4 would resolve in the Seahawks favor on division record (4-2 vs. 3-3).

* Chiefs clinch the AFC West by winning their next three games (@ Broncos, Chargers, Broncos) combined with a Patriots win over the Broncos. The Chiefs would be 12-4 at worst with a season sweep of the Broncos. The Broncos would be 12-4 at best.

Can't see KC sweeping Denver

At high school, where punters and kickers are uniformly terrible, to never punt is a good decision.

In the NFL, most coaches (Belichick and Payton are about the only exceptions) punt far too often.

As a Broncos fan I wouldn't say Belichick and Payton are the only exceptions. Don't get me wrong, I love that Fox goes for it on 4th down but it does give one a squeaky bum and it does add him to your list :)

Not necessarily.  You can complete your 4QC before the game is over and the final drive can be done by the opposition who might even score from it.

So a GWD is always a 4QC but a 4QC does not always need a final GWD.

Not necessarily.  You can complete your 4QC before the game is over and the final drive can be done by the opposition who might even score from it.

So a GWD is always a 4QC but a 4QC does not always need a final GWD.

That can't be right, Eli has had 24 4QCs but 28 GWDs. It's confusing me.

Â