Predictions and general chat

BOF

Suggs told me reports he'll be out all season will "make it so much sweeter when I run out of that tunnel and prove everyone wrong."

Suggs told me reports he'll be out all season will "make it so much sweeter when I run out of that tunnel and prove everyone wrong."

Suggs also added "I've never had a real bad injury before - sometimes you have to go through something like this to make you better."

Contrary to earlier reports, Terrell Suggs was not playing basketball when tearing Achilles. Was preparing for Ravens conditioning test.

Terrell Suggs has blown out his achillies and as such will likely miss most/all of next season. Always hate to see the awesome players go down with huge injuries.

Go Skins. NFC will be competitive this time round, just hope the Skins receivers give RG3 something to throw at, if they do I think Redskins will make the playoffs. Think the D will be better this season, barring injuries and same goes for the OLine, looking forward to seeing Helu, Royster and whoever else is in the squad at RB :)

Looking forward to this season, watch RG3 be a complete bust now haha

• 3 weeks later...

Mike Shanahan: Peyton's new landlord

Peyton Manning is taking over John Elway's old job—and living in Mike Shanahan's old house.

The Associated Press learned about the arrangement the Broncos new quarterback made with the Redskins coach, who before going to Washington teamed with Elway in the 1990s to bring two Super Bowl titles to Denver.

Though Denver and Washington are in different conferences and only play once every four years, some might still call this a case of sleeping at the enemy's digs. Regardless, Manning is certainly living in style. Shanahan's house is a 35,000-square-foot mansion in Cherry Hills Village, one of the Denver area's fanciest neighborhoods. It's only expected to be a temporary deal until Manning finds a permanent place to live in the Mile High City.

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen once called Shanahan his coach for life, which might help explain why the coach built the colossus of a house, which has an elevator, a bowling alley and a 3,603-square-foot garage.

Right around the time the house was being finished in early 2009, however, Shanahan got fired. After a year away from the game, he took over for the Redskins, but the coach and his wife never had any intention of selling their Denver home.

Earlier this year, when Manning was hopping around the country visiting teams, one of the coaches he met with was Shanahan. But the meeting came shortly after the Redskins made a trade for the second overall draft pick that would land them Robert Griffin III.

That took Washington out of the market for a quarterback. But it didn't prevent Shanahan from hooking up Manning with a new home.

35,000 square feet is about 3,250 square meters, for those of you not familiar with imperial/American units

mikeshanahanhouse.jpg

Shanahan's house, under construction

More on the house

The sprawling ranch home Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan is building in Cherry Hills Village will have amenities that would make any kid's eyes pop.

Designed by Sall Residential Design Group, the 34,927-square-foot home includes a bowling alley and lounge, a poker room, a video-golf room, a racquetball court and a shuffleboard table, according to the building permit filed with Cherry Hills Village.

And that's just in the basement, where there also will be four bedrooms.

The main level includes two studies, a gallery, a music and living room, a gathering room, a dining room, a conservatory, a kids' arcade and playroom, and two bedrooms, including a master suite with his and hers closets.

There are six fireplaces; a 3,600-square-foot, six-car garage; a 2,150-square-foot guest house; a "wine residence" and guest house; a swimming pool; and two bridges.

Through a Broncos spokesman, Shanahan confirmed that he and his wife, Peggy, are building a new home that will be completed in about a year.

While large by any standard, the Shanahans' home doesn't quite measure up to the Aspen home of Saudi Prince Bandar bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz and his wife, Princess Haifa. They put their 56,000-square-foot home on the market a few years ago for $135 million.

The Shanahans bought the 3.5-acre lot where they are building the home from Janet Elway for $4 million. So far, the cost to build the home is at least $7.6 million, according to the building permits.

"It's the most prestigious community in Cherry Hills," said Denver real-estate agent Rollie Jordan, who specializes in luxury real estate. "There are a lot of recognizable Denver names who live on the street."

During construction, the Shanahans are living in a nearby home that Shanahan sold to a friend in January for $16 million.

Shanahan, the Broncos' head coach since 1995 and the second-longest-tenured coach in the NFL, signed a three-year contract extension with the team last year. He is believed to be one of the best-paid coaches in the league, at more than $5 million a year.

• 3 weeks later...

So Mr. Kraft of the Pats thinks London should get a team because the NFL needs to expand. I think it would be a good idea.. if we weren't so far away. Any kind of expansion would surely have to go through Canada first (though it'd likely destroy or the CFL or at best have it result into some developmental league). I don't think a London team works because of all the travlling and such.

Any franchise interested in relocating there for the 2013 season must apply between Jan. 1 and Feb. 15 of that year, and prove it has exhausted all attempts to remain in its current location. And any new stadium must be capable of hosting two franchises.

I imagine LA will be getting 2 teams by the end of this decade then.

Â