Predictions and general chat

BOF

According to Brandon Spano, Denver have a much better chance than people think. Washington have been told no. Miami are in pole position. Denver have offered to 'hand the offence over' to Manning.

Would be a good fit in Denver, bring in Reggie Wayne too and continue to get better on D and instantly the Broncos are contenders year in year out for the next 3-5 years.

Archie in Denver now. Peyton going to Nuggets game tonight. He's making his decision this weekend with Tuesday being the absolute latest. This could actually happen!

RGIII to the Redskins. They've just traded 3 firsts and a second to the Rams to move up to 2nd overall.

Tebow camp not happy with Elway pursuit of Manning. I hope it doesn't blow up in thier faces now !

I would say it looks odds on for Denver then! Time for Peyton to mature from a Colt to a Bronco!

That is a lot for the Skins to give up for RG3. No price is too steep to give up for a francise QB though, it just means that they will have to win a Super Bowl or 2 with this kid or it will be one of the biggest busts of all time.

They have only recently sorted their cap out too so by mortgaging the future now they will be a lot more reliant on free agency again and thats how you get into a cap nightmare in the first place.

They have to make a play for Vincent Jackson now and then also one of the quality guards available in free agency also, Ben Grubs or Carl Nicks to beef up that oline.

Steep price for a Cam Newton-esque freak of nature. I think they're right to do it. Washington have been an inconsequence for too long and they keep getting eaten up by that division. Something had to happen.

Manning to Broncos would mean Tebow to the Patriots, I think.

McDaniels

Belichick likes versatile players, and Tebow can be slotted practically anywhere

Line up Brady and Tebow in the same backfield...

Tebow needs a tailor-made offence though. His trouble is he's incompatible with practically any other QB. I think that's part of why Elway couldn't (or can't) fully take to him.

Manning is now in Phoenix talking to the Cards as part of his whistlestop tour.

Tebow only needs the offense to be designed around him if he's the QB.

He's a decent enough athlete that you can use him as an RB who will occasionally throw passes.

His mechanics are also stunningly similar to Brady's...

While I agree with your 2nd sentence, I doubt Tebow's camp wants to change his position at this stage. He showed enough results-wise in Denver last season to suggest he can make it as a QB in the NFL. I'd also think there are plenty of teams out there who would snap him up given half the chance. I'd say it's a safe bet he'll be a starting QB somewhere next season.

Agreed. I think once the Broncos went down this route, there was no going back to Tebow. That's why the meeja are saying the Broncos' needs very much depend on whether they get Manning or not. If they don't, then a QB all of a sudden becomes an enormous priority. Rumours that the 49ers are sniffing around him now too.

League strips Cowboys, Redskins of millions in cap space

Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT

Well, it wasn’t just a rumor.

We explained an hour ago that there has been talk of the NFL taking action against teams that deliberately dumped salaries into the uncapped year of 2010.

The two primary violators were the Cowboys and Redskins, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. Per Schefter, the league will punish the teams by removing millions in cap dollars.

How many millions? Schefter reports that the Cowboys will lose more than $10 million — and that the Redskins will lose $36 million. (And now we know why the Redskins got the Griffin deal done last week; the Rams likely would have wanted even more for the second overall pick now.)

The teams can divide the cap losses between 2012 and 2013 in any portion they want. As of Sunday, the Redskins more than $30 million in cap space in 2012. The Cowboys had less than $5 million.

The money will be reallocated to the other teams, with every franchise except the Saints and Raiders picking up $1.6 million in extra cap space. (The Saints and Raiders presumably don’t get the extra money as their own punishment for engaging in similar tactics in 2010.)

So, for the second time in 10 days, the NFL has acknowledged cheating. Though this isn’t as serious as the Saints’ bounty system, it’s still cheating. And the consequence demonstrates what the league thinks of it.

link

May i be the first to say :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::crylaugh:

Â