Predictions and general chat

BOF

Greg Hardy talking to the Raiders.

And Stills in the process of being traded from the Saints to Dolphins (3rd rounder & Dannelle Ellerbe). They're having a monster off-season.

CJ Spiller to Saints too...

Edited by Milfner

Pro days mean nothing really. Bridewater's was terrible last year (iirc) and he turned out to be a solid starter.

Isn't it amazing though how much the scouts pay attention to it, instead of hours of game-film?

Must confess I dont follow the draft and understand how IT works but through the various deals Saints now get 5 picks from the top 75 draft players ( I think)

Is that a good thing or is it that once you get past the first round picks you just end up with the NFL equivalent of Barry Bannan ?

Edited by tonyh29

Must confess I dont follow the draft and understand how IT works but through the various deals Saints now get 5 picks from the top 75 draft players ( I think)

Is that a good thing or is it that once you get past the first round picks you just end up with the NFL equivalent of Barry Bannan ?

Nope, you can find gems in later rounds (Tom Brady, 7th round), and total wasters in the first round, sometimes with the first pick. Look up Ryan Leaf, he was drafted #2 after Peyton Manning. Huge contract, now he robs houses for painkillers.

• Like 1

It depends of the draft class really. Some years are better than others in terms of depth or potential quality players. Usually you're looking for your first round pick to be an instant starter, but it depends on how you draft (whether it's a project or to plug a hole)

There are also plenty of examples of players who went totally undrafted and carved out very successful careers for themselves.

Edited by adz.villa
  • Like 1

Hardy signs for the Cowboys on a one-year-deal. They paid him the vet minimum with huge roster bonuses which means we get screwed out of a 3rd round compensatory pick. Bastards. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this. Most of the Seahawks record breaking D is made up of later draft picks.

Â