Predictions and general chat

BOF

Ugh. Philly sports franchises are scummy in a lot of ways. Trying to smear a guy the day you release him, high class right there.

Why would the Eagles need to do that, they obliviously had a reason for cutting him.

Edit: Not saying I believe the reports though.

To show the fans they had reasons beyond him being hard to deal with coaching wise, so it's not an unpopular decision for getting rid of him and getting nothing in return?

And to cover their own asses so if he goes to another team and flourishes, there's less second guessing.

Basically, they cut him because they don't think he's worth his salary and he didn't get along with some coaches. Which is fine. But lots of fans wouldn't have liked that, because he's been really good, so this was leaked to soften the pr hit.

Edited by Rovers13

Although I'd have preferred him not to stay in the division, I'm not too worried about Jackson.

Looks like $24 million deal, including $16 million guaranteed.
Edited by packoman

Robert Ayers formerly of the Broncos is visiting the Giants too apparently. Is he any good? He stats look average.

Looks like you signed him as well. Solid squad player, nothing more. We just drafted him waaaaaaaaay (18) to high.

Champ visiting the Saints :(

Done deal. 2 years at up to $7M

Gutted, not the same Champ as per the old days but what a player, true definition of a shutdown corner. Never needed safety help.

Quite looking forward to this season. Redskins are looking much improved (mainly on offence). A fully healthy RG3, Morris, Garcon, Roberts and Jackson are gonna be quite a handful, not to mention a few others. If we can strengthen the defence a bit and beef up the O-line a little more then we could actually have a half a chance at challenging for the division title (notice I said challenging for it, not winning it  :P )

Aldon Smith charged with false report of bomb threat

San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith was charged with a false report of a bomb threat at the Los Angeles International Airport on Sunday.

A Los Angeles World Airport police spokesperson released the following statement to NFL Media:

"At approximately 1400 hrs, a 24 year-old Aldon Jacarus Ramon Smith, a resident of San Jose, California, was going through Terminal 1 screening where he made a comment indicating that he was in possession of a bomb. Los Angeles Airport Police made contact with him in the gate area where he became uncooperative. After conducting their investigation, LA Airport Police took suspect into custody and transported him to LAPD-Pacific division where he was booked for California Penal Code 148.1(a) - False report of a bomb threat."

Smith posted $20,000 bail and was released Sunday night.

Niners general manager Trent Baalke released the following statement:

"We are disappointed to learn of the incident today involving Aldon Smith. As this is a pending legal matter and we are still gathering the pertinent facts, we will have no further comment."

Smith has been in the news for multiple off-field issues. He pleaded not guilty in November to three felony counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon. He also missed five games in 2013 while in a substance abuse treatment center. The 49ers must decide if they want to pick up the fifth-year option in his rookie contract by May 3.

What a tool

Most likely what happened is they told him they were going to search him extra and he said something sarcastic along the lines of "yeah, I have a freaking bomb."

This is a nothing story, loads of people do way worse things than make one comment at an airport and no one pays attention.

This is a nothing story, loads of people do way worse things than make one comment at an airport and no one pays attention.

Pretty sure Sean Rodgers (ex Browns NT) was caught with a gun in his carry on luggage at an airport in Cleveland. I think his excuse was that he forgot there was a gun in there.

Gotta tell ya, I'm thinking the Browns have made the most improvement via free agency, so far.

Ben Tate, Nate Burleson, Andrew Hawkins, Chris Pressley being scooped up, along with the re-signing of Alex Mack should make for a much improved offense.

And Donte Whitner, Carlos Dansby and Isaih Trufant should bolster an already fairly stout defense.

Anyways, Gruden v. Gruden

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10830532

• Like 1

Â