Predictions and general chat

BOF

The details of the Hernandez case make him look like one of the dumbest criminals of all time. OJ Simpson looks like a criminal mastermind compared to Hernandez.

• 4 weeks later...

It's a bad summer for AFC TE's, moreso now that Dennis Pitta could be out for the season

The Ravens are concerned about tight end Dennis Pitta missing considerable time with a hip injury according to team sources. Almost certainly will be a season-ending injury

Pitta injured his hip today and team officials are concerned it will be a significant fracture that would jeopardize Pitta's season. One source with knowledge of the situation stated he did not believe it would be possible for the emerging tight end to play this season.

He was primed to be a huge cog in their passing attack, essentially replacing departed receiver Anquan Boldin, and he has a close connection with quarterback Joe Flacco.

Pitta was injured in a training-camp collision with safety James Ihedigbo in the end zone. Team officials were still gathering definitive information this evening but their concern is high. There is always the possibility Pitta could perhaps be placed on IR, Designated to Return as well, which the Ravens did with Ray Lewis last season, but given the apparent severity of this injury it could make more sense to leave that spot open in case other longer-term injuries emerge for a key player.

The Ravens hosted veteran tight end Visanthe Shiancoe this week and he had a strong visit, team sources said, acing their conditioning test and seeming like a good fit in a two-tight end scheme similar to New England's. Schiancoe is a former Patriot.

That deal could be completed early this week, and former Pro Bowl fullback Vonta Leach, released earlier this offseason, is also likely to re-sign with the Ravens in the next few days.

Atlanta-New Orleans and Green Bay-San Francisco the opening weekend games on Sky. It's a decent match up so I don't mind, but I don't want to see Green Bay every weekend again, it started to get a bit boring last season.

Atlanta-New Orleans and Green Bay-San Francisco the opening weekend games on Sky. It's a decent match up so I don't mind, but I don't want to see Green Bay every weekend again, it started to get a bit boring last season.

To be fair, the only other game at the time of the Green Bay-San Fran game is Cardinals @ Rams. Week One is always like this because no AFC team can be scheduled in the late slot on the road (because CBS has the US Open tennis).

The 9 games that will almost certainly get Nantz-Simms commentary:

Broncos @ Giants, week 2

Colts @ 49ers, week 3

Broncos @ Cowboys, week 5

Ravens @ Steelers, week 7

Steelers @ Patriots, week 9

Broncos @ Chargers, week 10

Raiders @ Cowboys, Thanksgiving

Patriots @ Texans, week 13

Steelers @ Packers, week 16

The 9 games that will almost certainly get Buck-Aikman commentary

Packers @ 49ers, week 1

Eagles @ Broncos, week 4

Saints @ Patriots, week 6

Redskins @ Broncos, week 8

49ers @ Saints, week 11

Cowboys @ Giants, week 12

Packers @ Lions, Thanksgiving

Seahawks @ 49ers, week 14

Packers @ Cowboys, week 15

I'd expect that most of those will be picked by Sky. Lots of Peyton ball-washing is on the cards, methinks.

Harvin gone for at least 4 months. What a bad preseason this has been.

Great player but he sounds like a moron from his tweets about it.  Maybe its just a Florida thing?

Percy Harvinþ@Percy_Harvin3m

when everything is goin good sometimes life throw u a curve ball... sorry to half to report that my injury will require surgery...Nobody was more anxious and excited about season then....but I will be back strong as ever..i appreciate all the love and prayers 12th man

Â