Prometheus - Alien prequel..or is it..

NowDoINotLikeThat

But Bladerunner and Alien 1 form is sooo long ago.

Before i was born even.

However im still pretty excited by this.

True Ridley Scott now is of very late age now - and yes most of his films been shite in last 10 years - but i think ...or hope...he can vomit up something good here -sci fi wise This will be his first sci fi film since Bladerunner?

.Like previosuly said - hes been given a very generous budget , HR Giger was involved - so theres no excuse really why this should be shite

but Ridley is the god of lighting, imagine what effects he could achieve with 3D technology?

again, it depends if he's on Alien/Blade Runner form, as opposed to American Gangster/Robin Hood form.

American Gangster is an amazing film!

I wonder if this is gonna be a standup fight or just another bug hunt

Where's Apone?

All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the Corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the Corps!

Where's Apone?

All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the Corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the Corps!

I'm ready, man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do NOT wanna **** with me. Check it out! Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks

Where's Apone?

I'm ready, man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do NOT wanna **** with me. Check it out! Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks

Do you like metal? The band Graf Orlock used a sample of the highlighted bit at the start of one their songs - Game Time at the start of the Destination Time Tomorrow EP. It is quality. All the lyrics are lines from the film aswell, as all their songs are - well not just Aliens but mostly 80s stuff. They did another one, using samples from Alien Resurrection though. The best are the Terminator songs. I will have to link some later.

My favourite quote from Aliens is;

THEYRE DEAD OK CAN I GO NOW

• 4 months later...
Scott apparently said this week the xenomorph isn't in it.

I can't say I quite believe him.

i actually could believe that.

I think the film will be primarily about the space jockeys .

Theres a space jockey ship in the trailer (might even be more than one)

theres also the weird giant human looking head sculpture - thats in trailer but also on official poster for film - released stills .

And what look like eggs look clearly more like urns around it ...

Could well believe theres no actual xenomorphs as such in it but might see how they end up being formed or something or other creatures .

I think they will be in it, I suspect the film will end with their arrival on the scene - I would not be surprised to see if the Space Jockey we were first introduced to in Alien gets his chest burst near the end.

I don't think they're going to be the focus, but I'll be surprised if they don't appear at all.

Way Fox and the movie industry works id be surprised if this film perfectly leads into Alien 1 TBH - I think they might set this up for a possible further prequel(sequel).

There's a space jockey ship in trailer etc but doesnt neccesarily mean it is the one that ends up on LV-426 for Alien 1.

actually it seems in trailer the ship crashing on trailer is crashing on planet with an atmosphere of sorts rather than in Alien 1.

I think we may well see some the origins of how Xenomorphs came into being but not them neccesarily as we know them etc.

Ridley Scott flicks.

Love: Alien, Blade Runner, White Squall, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, American Gangster.

Like: 1492, Matchstick Men.

Indifferent: Legend , Thelma & Louise, G.I. Jane .

Disappointed: Kingdom of Heaven.

WTF are you at you silly clearing in the woods!: Robin Hood.

The man owes his fans after that last steaming chunk of gelatinous bile.

Of the ones I've seen, I totally agree.

Alien, Blade Runne, Gladiator and BHD are all quality films.

Kingdom of Heaven and Robin Hood were both as bad as each other. I actually think KoH was worse, but they were both shite

True.

But even if space jockeys are explained i think there will be lot of other stuff thrown up .

I get the impression that the actual space jockeys might not be as important as we think.

Especially given what we see in trailer.

Giger was on board for this film ...i think there will be something else .

Either way i dont think Scott will overexplain X , Y and Z completely.

It looks super-duper

Do we know how long before Alien it is set? The tech seems the same from the little we see of it in the trailer

I noticed Weyland company symbol on some things in the released stills .

So the company- Weyland Yuntani - that exsisted in Alien 1 and Aliens is in Prometheus.

Id guess maybe 50-100 years before Alien 1 at most ?

The planet in trailer however doesn't look like LV-426 (planet in Alien 1 with space jockey ship).

theres one scene where can see a waterfall at one point with a ship of some sort above it .

The surface a ship crashes on doesn't look like Lv-426 either.

Space jockey in Alien 1 was refered to by one of the crew as looked fossilised. Which would take thousands of years ..

So to put it simply - No i have no idea really!

But the fact the Weyland-Yuntani company seemingly exsists in Prometheus i would guess its not THAT long before Alien 1 ?

Â