Prometheus - Alien prequel..or is it..

NowDoINotLikeThat

I'm looking forward to the film but part of me would prefer the origins of the Space Jockey to remain a mystery.

Don't read this then:

47393.jpg

Actually, do read it; it's **** fantastic.

There's plenty of existing mythology around the Mala'kak/Space Jockeys, I'm hoping there's a reference or nod to some of it in the film.

• 3 weeks later...
Prometheus is one of my favourites of the Greek fables.

Any idea why the film is called this?

The ship in it is called Prometheus apparently.

But more significantly there looks like there will be similarities (in a metaphorical sense) in its plot to the original Prometheus greek myth.

what is the original Greek myth about?

Prometheus is one of my favourites of the Greek fables.

Any idea why the film is called this?

The ship in it is called Prometheus apparently.

But more significantly there looks like there will be similarities (in a metaphorical sense) in its plot to the original Prometheus greek myth.

what is the original Greek myth about?

Prometheus, a Titan, decided to steal fire from the gods, climbing Mount Olympus and taking it from Zeus, and giving it to humanity. He was then punished by the gods - chained to a rock for eternity, with an eagle tearing out and eating his liver every day, the organ growing back only to be devoured again the next day.

prometheussj-a.jpg

...hmm... what are those in the background...

promethb.jpg

...aha! Hello Space Jockey suits.

Also, Noomi Rapace looks like an extra from the Mass Effect series in that suit.

Having seen this particular pic - i am bit concerned about this film now.

The corridor looks shit in those pics. Like plastic.

The potential space jockey suit / statue in background also looks shit.

The space jockey in Alien 1 was massive -so id presumme their suits were - and altho Ridley Scott did imply they might have had some sort of space suit in his commentaries for Alien 1 those in that pic just look crap , very un-Giger like and far too standard looking.

Pic could be taken out of context - could be behind the scenes pic rather than in film pic - but seems like Fox did release that promo shot for a magazine (i forget which one) and was a put together pic .

Am bit concerned now - Is Ridley Scott about to inadvertly take a big dump all over his finest film and the original Alien / space jockey mythology?

I hope not.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Â