What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

27 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

Wolf Parade - Apologies to the Queen Mary

I love that album. TBH I like all their stuff and quite a bit of Spencer Krug's earlier stuff too, in sunset rubdown.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blandy said:

I love that album. TBH I like all their stuff and quite a bit of Spencer Krug's earlier stuff too, in sunset rubdown.

Me too but he does appear to have completely slipped off my radar years ago

Just now, bickster said:

Me too but he does appear to have completely slipped off my radar years ago

I have various playlists on my phone and iPod, and they come up frequently in most of the ones I listen to most of the time, so they're kind of a regular listen for me.

• Like 1

Another one of those bands that should have made it but didn’t. Always part of the same Eric's scene as the Bunnymen et al but didn't manage to get an album out until 1988

This isn’t from that original period. Paul Simpson put together a new incarnation of the band around 2010 and this version includes Les Pattinson (Bunnymen) on Bass and Mike Mooney (not that one the one that was in Spiritualised and lots of Bunnymen offshoots). Also features Will Sergeant and other Liverpool luminaries such as Candy Payne.

Much ignored because they were no longer hip but this still features the bands distinctive sound and Paul's fantastic lyrics

One of he standout tracks is the single English Electric Lightning which is indeed about the fighter jet

The Wild Swans - The Coldest Winter for a Hundred Years

image.jpeg

Â