• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Tell the people of Libya, Syria, Bahrain etc. that it's not worth protesting for something that you believe in and that it makes them look stupid.

Yeah great argument...life or football no difference...

:bang::bang:

I think his point (and he is right) no matter how different the 2 events, is that it is never stupid to protest if you believe strongly enough about something. And it's also quite nice to live somewhere that you are allowed to protest. I have to laugh at those who said stuff like "I don't usually like protests but I'll make an exception this time". Talk about missing the point. You only BOTHER or 'like' a protest if you feel strongly enough to do it. I'm not saying I agree with what they're doing but I certainly feel they're entitled to do it and I don't for a second think they are stupid for doing it.

I don't for one second think they shouldn't be able to go and protest, but to bring in things like libya ,syria and bahrain?? How about we pay the money but the products shit...... simple.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This in my mind will mean AM gets a pretty big transfer fund to not only sort the current squad out but also to add quality to give AM a glimmer of a chance to succeed.

I agree. If AM is hired, Randy will want to give him the best chance to prove that the fans were wrong to worry. This would have to mean a big transfer kitty. Even though Rafa was allegedly denied a £30m kitty, I think Randy might be more inclined to loosen the purse for AM just because of the sheer level of vitriol he will have witnessed over this appointment.

The other saving grace that gives AM any chance of succeeding is that he will be able to do some deals and improve the squad long before the fans ever get the chance to go to a match to show their displeasure. You would hope that, by that stage all going well, they'd be turning up to cheer on the latest additions to the squad.

It would certainly be doing things the hard way though!

Totally agree, and i think it will happen. I posted this earlier somewhere god knows where though!

I was so convinced yesterday that AM would never happen I layed him heavily on Betfair. 30mins later Talksport announce 'done deal' and the odds dropped massively. :(

However I'm still thinking +ve and have not yet heard or read anything that convinces me AM will be appointed. IIRC under RL nothing has ever been leaked

to the press and we have always been kept in the dark.

If AM does get in protesting can only cause harm to AV, I for one will support whoever gets the job and hope others can do to.

I really don't see the point in this protest.

If we could have got someone better do you not think we would have?

And I think we'd be better off with randy backing a manager he wants than having a manager that he wasn't sure of but had to have because of fan pressure.

Randy is not the best owner in the league, he's not the owner I thought we were getting that day I was ridiculously happy when he joined but I do believe he has the right intentions.

Let's stop looking ridiculous and just get on with it. Last season was **** horrible, if the crowd are on the manager from the start we'll just have another shit season and the likes of bent and downing will be off for sure.

I pretty much agree with this.

Just as a question lets say the improbable happened and for some reason mcleish to villa falls apart. Realistically who do you think you would get?

Hughes is the best out there but i cant see him being happy as 3rd choice. What do you think the options would be for you if not mcleish?

Tell the people of Libya, Syria, Bahrain etc. that it's not worth protesting for something that you believe in and that it makes them look stupid.

Yeah great argument...life or football no difference...

:bang::bang:

I think his point (and he is right) no matter how different the 2 events, is that it is never stupid to protest if you believe strongly enough about something. And it's also quite nice to live somewhere that you are allowed to protest. I have to laugh at those who said stuff like "I don't usually like protests but I'll make an exception this time". Talk about missing the point. You only BOTHER or 'like' a protest if you feel strongly enough to do it. I'm not saying I agree with what they're doing but I certainly feel they're entitled to do it and I don't for a second think they are stupid for doing it.

I don't for one second think they shouldn't be able to go and protest, but to bring in things like libya ,syria and bahrain?? How about we pay the money but the products shit...... simple.

Murfee, BOF tried to explain to you that you are missing the point. My examples were not intended to be a 'life or football' situation. Obviously, the situations in those countries are far more important than whether Villa get a shit manager or a great manager. My point, and I will reiterate it for you just this once, is that if you believe in something strongly enough to protest then it is not really right for others to say they look stupid.

I really don't see the point in this protest.

If we could have got someone better do you not think we would have?

And I think we'd be better off with randy backing a manager he wants than having a manager that he wasn't sure of but had to have because of fan pressure.

Randy is not the best owner in the league, he's not the owner I thought we were getting that day I was ridiculously happy when he joined but I do believe he has the right intentions.

Let's stop looking ridiculous and just get on with it. Last season was **** horrible, if the crowd are on the manager from the start we'll just have another shit season and the likes of bent and downing will be off for sure.

I'm not happy, this just confirms the doubts I and others have had about randy for the last 12 months but if it happens let's just deal with it and get behind the club.

Glad to have the Big John of 12 months ago back ;)

It would be interesting if what i announced a 2 days ago that AM would be announced manager tommorrow as that source came direct from a Blues director,i mean how the **** would he know such detail 2 days ago is beyond me?

I think the fans have the right to protest. If the board make mistakes over a period of time, the shareholders will ask them to step away.

Of course, fans are not shareholder in a company, but that is what differs a corporation and a football club. This reminds me of the 90's when

lots of protests resulted in people getting the sack. It's nice to see some action in the Villa fanbase, even though it is negatively charged.

Alex McLeish will be a disaster for Aston Villa. We might not relegate since there are so many crap teams in the Premiership now, but what he

will accomplish at the most is 8th or 9th. He will never get us exicting players, he will never get the backing of the fans, he will never become the

next David Moyes (9 years in charge for a volatile club) and he is certainly going to get fired.

Some say he is brave for taking on this job. He isn't, he just knows that he will be given a lot of money and he will receive them even if he performs

to his usual level which is very low.

I would love to see Rijkaard does any fellow villans know if he has been interviewed the man has real pedigree and will uncover the new Van Basten or Gulit. Rijaard has credentials and good links with Spain Italy and Holland. What do you all think lets take a gamble with Rijkaard and get the job done. Failiure dosnt exist in Rijkaards world

For **** sake, just hire Mcleish and let's get on with it. This whole thing is just boring me now, the final straw was seeing the graffiti done by some of our fans outside of bodymoore, If you supposedly love Aston Villa vandalising club property is not a way to show it.

Mcleish wouldn't have even been my 300th choice for Aston Villa Manager, but the more this drags on the more likely it's looking. I will give him a chance to win me over though, He is a human being and from what I know he has never spoken negatively of us and regardless of his CV he still deserves a chance and he has balls the size of Boulders!!!!! If he takes this job he is a brave man.

Why oh why did GH have to get sick, I was actually really looking forward to this summer, now i'm absolutely deflated.
Same here. Even when he left I was looking forward to the summer because I thought at best we'd get someone like Ancelotti in or at worst Mark Hughes. Now, I'm not even looking forward to next season. Anyone remember the Wolves game at home? Every game will be like that but instead of passing it around in defence we'll be hopelessly hoofing it up to Bent.

only the one interview? hmmmm.

So Martinez says no before any interview, Ancelotti never gave it a moments thought, Hughes can't be interviewed, and Moyes hasn't been approached. Forest hired McLaren before we had a chance to interview him.

so it all boils down to ONE interview? I don't believe it. Patience please

Metalhead made sense bigtime if Mcleish is to get the job hurry up Nzogbia is available and we seariously have to get some quality players in and fast if we dont and it drags on it will be like MON leaving all over again

i have read alot of messages saying the protests are stupid but i dont want him as villa manager. how does that make sense if you dont like something make a stand. the graffiti was to much but nothing wrong with the protest.