• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

If Mcleish is appointed, I will support him as Aston Villa boss, because my dislike for him cannot overshadow my love for this football club.

I love my Wife but If she starts shagging the milkman I'll get me 2 bottles of semi skimmed from the CO-OP instead.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is about respect to us fans. if you dont understand this the **** off.

How about respect For Randy ? Have you forgotten how things were under Ellis ? At the end of the day Aston Villa belongs to Randy Lerner, it's his money, and if McLeish fails then it's ultimately hs fault.

For both McLeish and Randy this would be a very brave appointment , but why not wait and see what happens ?

Would you not respect Peter Withe ? He was at blues before he became a hero for us. Do you disrespect Ron Saunders ? He was at blues aft he left Villa.

If this decision is made we should accept it, get behind the team, and move on.

Ok this is how I see it. Randy is sick of the media making out the fans are deciding who the next manager is. This is why villa are openly talking to Mcleish. Expect another statement in the next few days saying thank you to AM for the interview but he does not fit the role of new manager for Aston Villa. Then Mark Hughes will be announced as new manager on the 1st July.

If Mcleish is appointed, I will support him as Aston Villa boss, because my dislike for him cannot overshadow my love for this football club.

I love my Wife but If she starts shagging the milkman I'll get me 2 bottles of semi skimmed from the CO-OP instead.

So you'll go support someone else?

I go back to the club statement again.

"From the beginning of our search, we have set out criteria based on proven Premier League experience, compelling leadership, an ethic for hard work and, most importantly, sharing our vision for Aston Villa"

The really worrying thing here is football itself doesn't seem to be a category in what they're picking the manager on:

-Premier League experience - McLeish getting a tick means the nature of this experience, in terms of type of football played or success, is wholly unimportant

-Compelling leadership - plenty of people are compelling leaders, it's a good trait when you manage people, but it wouldn't make them any good at managing a football team.

-Ethic for hard work - again, it's a good trait, but very little to do with skill at managing a football team.

-Sharing our vision for Aston Villa - vague corporate nonsense.

--

Now I'm not so unreasonable as to think that they won't be considering the footballing aspect when interviewing, etc., but it does disturb me that none of the things they list as crucial have a direct bearing on football itself. Why is 'excellent tactician' not a category? Or 'clear footballing ethos'? Or 'high standing in world football'?

Yanks at Liverplop, they had no clue, the fans kicked off.

Yanks at Manure, they have no clue, the fans kicked off.

Yanks at Villa, they seem to not have a clue, fans are kicking off.

Mmmm, there seems to be an underlying problem here.

Ignorance and prejudice in 3 UK cities?

That's the sort of politically correct, ill informed and pointless response I would expect from someone who clearly doesn't understand that the 3 clubs mentioned have hundreds of thousands of supporters all over the world not just confined to 3 cities in the UK.

Perhaps it was a pointless response to a pointless statement.

Congratulations, you are the first person to ever describe me as politically correct.

It is him. Media have confirmed he's expected to sign within 24 hours. They've been given the nod. Won't be confirmed on SSN until it's on our website which is standard practice.

So the club issue a statement to their (apparently) over precious supporters that they will be interviewing the man as part of their ongoing process, and in the meantime they have 'given the nod' to the media, something that they patently haven't been doing?

I think we have another 18 hours of floating in fantasy land ahead! :)

It is him. Media have confirmed he's expected to sign within 24 hours. They've been given the nod. Won't be confirmed on SSN until it's on our website which is standard practice.

Have you been asleep for 4 hours?

So you'll go support someone else?

Yeah because that's how football works doesn't it ?? I'm unhappy with the board and the interview there going to conduct with Mcdoodle so I'll be supporting Man City tomorrow because I've heard they got loads of money, some good players and there an up and coming team... :wave:

Sorry bit time for this board to pack up and go. Visions ok they have it. Football knowledge they know nothing.

Rafa, Hughes, ranieri the list goes on. Why not one of these men? Best suited for villa or best suited to the board?

The statement is a typical yank 'soften the blow' business tactic. Talk Sport have been confirming it all night. Time to stop clutching at straws people. I was right about the ITK's being full of shit and I'm right about this, unfortunately.

This is like dodging a bullet to the foot (Martinez) and then getting shot in the face with a shotgun.

:lol: Thanks for that Mantis, thought id forgotten how to laugh!

so are you ITK or just an attention whore?

or isnt it the same thing anyway according to you?