• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

someone on twitter (not naming names) - 'It seems a lot of people are saying that Alex McLeish has arrived at Villa Park. If they're right ... **** OFF RANDY LERNER YOU clearing in the woods!!'

Just wondering why potential managers and Villa staff choose to meet at Villa Park, the place most certainly garanteed to generate wast amounts of twits and e-mails...

If this were true I would be VERY surprised. If they do meet, it will be somewhere out of the media gaze. VP is too much of a public place.

How about Corsica? Loads of shit goes on down there.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been looking at the fb protest page and I have to say, we have our fair share of clearing in the woods as fans. Some of the personal hatred against McLeish is totally uncalled for. By all means let's criticise his football style and managerial capabilities but we shouldn't get personal. I met the guy at a function a couple of years back - in fact it was all four W Mids managers and I have to say, he was the nicest most approachable guy you could meet.

When all this blows over, and if he isn't the man selected to be our manager, I hope some people look back on their comments over the last couple of days and realise how much they've overstepped the mark.

I personally don't want him as our manager but that is my judgement on his professional skills and no reflection on him.

I'm glad someone brought this up. Can anyone explain to me why we had to pay anyone off if ..

1. O'Neill resigned as we've been told he did from the off.

2. Houllier wasn't fit enough to continue, as we've been told.

Surely neither of those situations require a payout ?

1. They bought MON's silence. Constructive dismissal or whatever. MON clearly got what he wanted out of this tribunal and no one has heard a thing about it.

2. Houllier was cleared to return by some of the doctors, he could have been advised by the club that they'd prefer to follow another route, so he got his compo too.

All IMO of course.

if its hughes, which i still reckon it is, then surely given our good relationship with fulham we could just get on the blower to them and ask if we can talk to him with their blessing before july 1st

i couldnt see it being an issue, given all the shite theyre reading out this failed manager hunt in the media, and they might even let him join us before then without any compo due

That depends on how much compo they want.

I reckon Houlliers is massive, due to being under contract for 3 years.

What Martin Oneils?????

Basicly, thats around 10 million of the Ashley money, going on managers rather than a replacement.

they cant want that much, given that he's only got 2 1/2 weeks left on his contract like

as for ged, i wouldnt imagine we paid up his entire contract, and anything we would have paid i assume we could claim right back on the clubs insurance since it was a health related parting

mons cant have been more than a years wage either, since that's the duration of his contract at any point

Just spoken to someone at the club and the official line is they cannot keep releasing statements every 5mins because the press don't have a clue who is going to be the manager. Randy and Paul are aware about the fans views on McLeish but they will not comment on it or any other manager. Also pleaded with them to ban Neil Moxley from the CLUB.

You just phoned em up?

:lol:

Been e-mailing them consistently to express my concerns and now they've phoned me.

Perhaps it's all a smoke screen to give us a shit manager so at least we all breathe a sigh of relief that it wasn't Mcleish!

Maybe they've been very clever at fabricating this to lower our expectations lol!

So, that's twice it's happened then? The board are so clever they invent the McClaren link and then this? I think it might be backfiring on them.

Oh, wait...news just in from Twitter that Ancelloti has cancelled his holiday and is on his way to Corsica...

17 days until Mark Hughes is appointed Aston Villa manager...

Anyone got the latest odds for Hughes (sorry cant get onto bookie sites at work). I think its about time I start getting some money on him

I've been looking at the fb protest page and I have to say, we have our fair share of clearing in the woods as fans. Some of the personal hatred against McLeish is totally uncalled for. By all means let's criticise his football style and managerial capabilities but we shouldn't get personal. I met the guy at a function a couple of years back - in fact it was all four W Mids managers and I have to say, he was the nicest most approachable guy you could meet.

When all this blows over, and if he isn't the man selected to be our manager, I hope some people look back on their comments over the last couple of days and realise how much they've overstepped the mark.

I personally don't want him as our manager but that is my judgement on his professional skills and no reflection on him.

Top post, agree entirely.

Anyone got the latest odds for Hughes (sorry cant get onto bookie sites at work). I think its about time I start getting some money on him

about 3/1

I'm glad someone brought this up. Can anyone explain to me why we had to pay anyone off if ..

1. O'Neill resigned as we've been told he did from the off.

2. Houllier wasn't fit enough to continue, as we've been told.

Surely neither of those situations require a payout ?

1. They bought MON's silence. Constructive dismissal or whatever. MON clearly got what he wanted out of this tribunal and no one has heard a thing about it.

2. Houllier was cleared to return by some of the doctors, he could have been advised by the club that they'd prefer to follow another route, so he got his compo too.

All IMO of course.

The club paid MON off to drop the constructive dissmissal claim rather than face publication of the full facts. The High Court has a nasty habbit of printing copies of judgements in such cases and i fear that would have been a greater embarassement.

MON obviously values his bank balance higher than his "principles"

So what do we actually KNOW?

1. We have a vacancy

2. We have contacted several clubs and potential candidates about said vacancy

3. One potential candidate declined to be interviewed.

4. RL is in Corsica.

5. AM is believed to be in Sardinia

6. DM is in the Caribbean.

7. There was an FB post allegedly from the General (although noone can link to it) that implied that AM is being considered.

8. The media know most of the above

9. Birmingham is in uproar

Is that about it.

Not really much to get upset about when you look at it like that.

So what do I actually KNOW?

1. We have a vacancy

2. Martinez declined to be interviewed.

3. Everything else = non-stop media rumours and speculation

4. About 1000 pages of BS, panic and masochism on VillaTalk

5. We still have a vacancy

Birmingham Mail

"Last night, Blues received a response to two emails sent by Peter Pannu to Paul Faulkner, Villa’s chief executive."

First one he clicked delete as he thought it was a virus considering where it come from. Peter Pannu is going to look very stupid at the end of this realising we will never give them 5Million as their boss has RESIGNED.

about 3/1

Cheers, time to treble my money!

if its hughes, which i still reckon it is, then surely given our good relationship with fulham we could just get on the blower to them and ask if we can talk to him with their blessing before july 1st

i couldnt see it being an issue, given all the shite theyre reading out this failed manager hunt in the media, and they might even let him join us before then without any compo due

That depends on how much compo they want.

I reckon Houlliers is massive, due to being under contract for 3 years.

What Martin Oneils?????

Basicly, thats around 10 million of the Ashley money, going on managers rather than a replacement.

they cant want that much, given that he's only got 2 1/2 weeks left on his contract like

as for ged, i wouldnt imagine we paid up his entire contract, and anything we would have paid i assume we could claim right back on the clubs insurance since it was a health related parting

mons cant have been more than a years wage either, since that's the duration of his contract at any point

I dont know, the club has never released anything, nor do i think they ever will. It could be less or more?

Its just a theory i have as to why we are waiting. Perhaps for contractual reasons, which points to Hughes......

or

Somebody else???

Moyes??