• Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update on Martinez:

Wigan Athletic Chairman Dave Whelan yesterday praised Aston Villa for their thoroughly professional approach when requesting to interview manager Roberto Martinez, who is being considered for a position as head ball boy at Villa Park. According to Whelan, everyone at his club had been highly honoured and “dead chuffed for our Roberto” following the visit of a Villa delegation led by Chief Executive Paul Faulkner, described as “a real gent” by Latics tea lady Elsie Wainwright, visibly flushed with the excitement of serving freshly baked pies to the distinguished guests.

Although thought to be tempted by the Midlands giants’ offer of nearly £500 a week, more than double his current salary as Latics manager, Martinez is said to be “unsure whether he is ready to take the step up.”

A final decision on the man to lead Villa’s ball retrieval team next season is now expected to be postponed until next week, while Chairman Randy Lerner turns his attention to considering applications from Carlo Ancelotti and other candidates for the club’s vacant managerial position.

link?

Update on Martinez:

Wigan Athletic Chairman Dave Whelan yesterday praised Aston Villa for their thoroughly professional approach when requesting to interview manager Roberto Martinez, who is being considered for a position as head ball boy at Villa Park. According to Whelan, everyone at his club had been highly honoured and “dead chuffed for our Roberto” following the visit of a Villa delegation led by Chief Executive Paul Faulkner, described as “a real gent” by Latics tea lady Elsie Wainwright, visibly flushed with the excitement of serving freshly baked pies to the distinguished guests.

Although thought to be tempted by the Midlands giants’ offer of nearly £500 a week, more than double his current salary as Latics manager, Martinez is said to be “unsure whether he is ready to take the step up.”

A final decision on the man to lead Villa’s ball retrieval team next season is now expected to be postponed until next week, while Chairman Randy Lerner turns his attention to considering applications from Carlo Ancelotti and other candidates for the club’s vacant managerial position.

link?

Rly? :bang:

Update on Martinez:

You almost made me spit a mouthful of Frosties over my laptop screen :lol:

I have a hunch it's Moyes.

I was told we were talking to CA a few days ago but I still have a feeling it's going to be him.

Moyes is still in Barbados though.

Well he was but he could have hopped on a flight to Europe...picked up in Madrid & then flown to Corsica?

Oh it's all just pointless speculation. I'm awf to bed.

I'm just saying the guy who tweeted Shaune Teale who claims to be ITK re-tweeted a short while before

"Don't rule out Moyes"

If you search twitter under Moyes there's a few Toffee fans trying to find out how Moyes' recent meeting with Kenwright went over transfer funds

and the future of Arteta & co.

So according to that article Martinez is on 500 Quid per week. Are you all blind?!

we all knew Wigan couldn't pay him as much as that and assumed it was a typo

:shock:

So according to that article Martinez is on 500 Quid per week. Are you all blind?!

we all knew Wigan couldn't pay him as much as that and assumed it was a typo

:shock:

As a matter of fact, according to that he's on even less, but is/was could find it hard not to be tempted by our 500 Quid per week offer! :lol: (Top notch journalism i tell you) :D

Personally I think anyone who doesn't realise that I know it's obviously a typo is the real jackass. I was referring to the utter shite quality of the JOURNALISM!!!!DDUUUUHHHHH!!!

(Do Sarcasm much?) :shock:

Backtracking - check

Corsica - check

Gobsmacked - check

ever been to Corsica Jam V :winkold: