Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Bent = 0.47 goals a game

Yorke = 0.31

Saunders = 0.33

He gulfs them.... bring on your next names for me to prove you wrong.

Congratulations on showing how stats are often misleading. If you think these numbers make Darren Bent a better footballer than Yorkie you are sadly mistaken.

Forget England, he was one of the top strikers in Europe, and proved that when he went to Utd and tore Champions League defences apart. As has been pointed out, he didn't play all his games for Villa up front.

Bent irritates the hell out of me with his inconsistency. He's always offside, can't trap a bag of cement, and for someone who made his career at Charlton playing up top on his own he can't hold the ball up to save his life. Misses a hell of a lot of chances as well, Bolton last season was embarrassing. Playground goal hanger, if we could get the same money for him we paid (we won't) I'd sell him in the summer no probs.

Agree with your first half, disagree with the second. Now I understand some of Bents limitations, but the simple question is, is it more beneficial to have him in the side or not? And the answer is yes. No one else at the club will get as many goals as him. Bent is begining to remind me of Andy Cole. A superb goalscoring record, but people still constantly criticise him.(Inzaghi too)

I think without Bent in the side this season, and one of the other guys in the team in his place, I honestly believe the club would be in the relegation zone rather then 5 points above it.

Yorke was twice the player Bent will ever be imo.

Yorke went on and played for the best team in the world at the time and made a major contribution. Bent is not capable of that IMO.

Really!!! What absolute bullsh1t on so many levels. I wont even argue that a lucky Untied side were ever the best team in the world. The same side that got served by Barca the following year?!!

But I would argue that Darren Bent ≥ Andy Cole

Yorke went on and played for the best team in the world at the time and made a major contribution. Bent is not capable of that IMO.

Really!!! What absolute bullsh1t on so many levels. I wont even argue that a lucky Untied side were ever the best team in the world. The same side that got served by Barca the following year?!!

United, in 1999, by winning the Champions League, proved themselves to be the best side in Europe. Although in the world would be opinion, admittedly.

That is a fact.

Andy Cole or Bent. That is opinion. But why hasn't a top club ever bought Bent?

Edit: Just seen the Barca comment. What are you on about????? United were knocked out by the eventual winners Real Madrid.

We wouldn't be in the trouble we find ourselves in now if DB hadn't got such a bad injury, and i'm certain of that.

Disagree. Our problem has not been missing chances. It has been generating them.

You're entitled to your opinion, as am I. I don't agree with you though.

We score more with DB in the side.

Maybe would have scored more.

But would he have made the difference in losing 4-2 to Chelsea, 3-0 to Arsenal or a draw with Blackburn?

I am less than convinced. Which means we would be in the exact same position.

Scoring more goals gives you a better chance of winning, doesn't it ? I agree we probably would still have lost the Chelsea and Arsenal games, but i would expect us to win against Blackburn with DB in the side (i expected us to win without him).

Because you are less than convinced about something, does not make it a fact.

We wouldn't be in the trouble we find ourselves in now if DB hadn't got such a bad injury, and i'm certain of that.

Disagree. Our problem has not been missing chances. It has been generating them.

But would he have made the difference in losing 4-2 to Chelsea, 3-0 to Arsenal or a draw with Blackburn?

Scoring more goals gives you a better chance of winning, doesn't it ? I agree we probably would still have lost the Chelsea and Arsenal games, but i would expect us to win against Blackburn with DB in the side (i expected us to win without him).

Nor does you being "certain" of it :lol:

United, in 1999, by winning the Champions League, proved themselves to be the best side in Europe. Although in the world would be opinion, admittedly.

That is a fact.

You saying we are not a top club?!! :D

A combination of timing, price Tag and his demand for first team football. There is no doubt he is a better option than numerous strikers at the current top 4-5 clubs but he was never going to be a cheap option once he started scoring for fun at Charlton.

If we had of got him at the right time we could of tasted champions league football ourselves.

That is a fact.

You saying we are not a top club?!! :D

A combination of timing, price Tag and his demand for first team football. There is no doubt he is a better option than numerous strikers at the current top 4-5 clubs but he was never going to be a cheap option once he started scoring for fun at Charlton.

If we had of got him at the right time we could have tasted champions league football ourselves.

Ahh I see where we have a difference in opinion. It is the definition of a top club. Top Club for me is United, Barca, Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Arsenal when they had Henry, Pires, Viera etc

So no we are not a top club.

Top clubs sign players no matter what the timing or price tag. Having said that he went down with Charlton and any top club could have got him then. He was disliked by Redknapp and any top club copuld have got him then. Also any top club could have got him from Sunderland.

I agree with your Champions League comment though.

Nor does you being "certain" of it :lol:

very true.

I have a mate who argues blind with me that Gabby is better as he runs around like a headless chicken and "interplays" and "holds up the ball" and this convo is a lot like that.

He went and did the "bent hasnt played for a big club yet" line to me as well... showed where we are in the scale of things.

I have a mate who argues blind with me that Gabby is better as he runs around like a headless chicken and "interplays" and "holds up the ball" and this convo is a lot like that.

He went and did the "bent hasnt played for a big club yet" line to me as well... showed where we are in the scale of things.

I never said that. Bent is better than Gabby IMO.

and Yorke was on a different planet to Gabby in terms of quality.

Bent won't be here in the Summer and unfortunately for us Bent is better than Carroll, Suarez and Kuyt combined so he's very desirable for clubs with lots of money and a front-line that can't score unless it's offered on the plate. I hope Bent stays but chances are Liverpool will come in with a £24-£30 million offer and all McLeish will see if Lerner allows him to spend it all is, "I had £40 million to spend now I have £70 million, yay!".

I don't think Liverpool are as flushed with cash as people believe. Maybe they'll sell that vile creature Suarez which would provide funds for a Bent bid.

Â