Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Initially disappointed to read it was a loan deal. Much less disappointed given they're paying the full wages and £2m for the privilege of borrowing him. Be lovely if he had a great season (not being able to play against us obviously) and we got a good price for him next summer....more than the £4m or so that we were looking at this year. Or is there a buy-out clause in the loan for a certain amount of money?

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I think Faulkner has done well here.

I don't understand this!!!!

Surely he is just going to be back at the end of the season anyway so we will be in the same situation as before?!?

But he'll have a year left on his contract by then. 

I think there's a good article on http://www.myoldmansaid.com/darren-bents-proposed-loan-move-fulham/ which points out how Fulham might have felt reluctant to give Bent a long contract as he's almost 30. As in, taking Bent on with a high transfer fee and high wages is a bit of a commitment for a player at his age. 

Loan is good, because I still believe Darren Bent has it in him he just won't get any gametime here.

It's a bit of a win situation, we don't have to pay his wages for a year but if he starts doing really well and we get benteke injured...we can recall him.

I don't understand this!!!!

Surely he is just going to be back at the end of the season anyway so we will be in the same situation as before?!?

Except he actually would have played football in that season. I guess we'll get to see if PL actually did make a massive blunder in freezing him out (as some posters claim) at the end of the season.

Loan is good, because I still believe Darren Bent has it in him he just won't get any gametime here.

It's a bit of a win situation, we don't have to pay his wages for a year but if he starts doing really well and we get benteke injured...we can recall him.

AFAIK, since they pay loan fee then he can't be recalled.

Mixed Feeling about this loan

woop, woop £65k off the wage bill ........what will do now ?  [probably nothing] - Personally I doubt Lambo would have seen much of the £6m had this been a permanent deal

I still rate Bent as a top goalscorer - He will get a fair few goals for fulham - although he can't play against us - His goals alone could keep fulham clear of relegation

If its a season long loan - I doubt we have any recall ? [during next season]

So Fulham pay his wages in full, around £3m? and give us £2m for the privilege. Then if they want him they pay us a transfer fee. Even if he flops, we're about £5m better off.

Depends on how you manipulate the figures - we are £5m to the good - But if he returns to us with on year remaining on his contract - his eventual fee will depreciate even further.  - Even if he scores a modest 10 - 12 goals for Fulham, they have the better deal with us seeing £5m going to RL.

I really think Aston Villa fans must talk about wages more than any other club - People are celebrating were are releasing a player with a great goalscoring record - but people are 'happier' because the club saves £65k a week on wages ?

It won't be long before we have an interactive balance sheet on the scoreboard at matchday - and we can all cheer when it decreases by a few £k 

• Like 1

So Fulham pay his wages in full, around £3m? and give us £2m for the privilege. Then if they want him they pay us a transfer fee. Even if he flops, we're about £5m better off.

Depends on how you manipulate the figures - we are £5m to the good - But if he returns to us with on year remaining on his contract - his eventual fee will depreciate even further.  - Even if he scores a modest 10 - 12 goals for Fulham, they have the better deal with us seeing £5m going to RL.

I really think Aston Villa fans must talk about wages more than any other club - People are celebrating were are releasing a player with a great goalscoring record - but people are 'happier' because the club saves £65k a week on wages ?

It won't be long before we have an interactive balance sheet on the scoreboard at matchday - and we can all cheer when it decreases by a few £k 

People talk about it because they can see that losing £50million year was **** the club up. 

(It's not complicated.) 

Edited by praisedmambo

People talk about it because they can see that losing £50million year was **** the club up. 

(It's not complicated.) 

How much are Inter Milan, Chelsea, Man City - in debt per year ?

(It's not complicated.) 

Does that justify our debt in any way? Are we owned by the equivalent of any of those clubs' owners? Please have some sense. 

So Fulham pay his wages in full, around £3m? and give us £2m for the privilege. Then if they want him they pay us a transfer fee. Even if he flops, we're about £5m better off.

Depends on how you manipulate the figures - we are £5m to the good - But if he returns to us with on year remaining on his contract - his eventual fee will depreciate even further. - Even if he scores a modest 10 - 12 goals for Fulham, they have the better deal with us seeing £5m going to RL.

(It's not complicated.)

They have owners who have bottomless pits of cash OR they have owners who don't really care what state the club is in when they come to sell it after they have finished having their play. Just because other teams are in debt doesn't mean we should be or indeed think it is ok to be losing money season after season.

Wtf are you talking about.

Can't even be arsed to respond with anything more thoughtful, it doesn't warrant the energy

• Like 1

(It's not complicated.) 

Does that justify our debt in any way? Are we owned by the equivalent of any of those clubs' owners? Please have some sense. 

No it doesn't - and no we are not. But we are still one of the biggest football clubs in England, - We should be scratching around for £3m players, whilst a lot smaller clubs seem have no problem raising funds for players.

That aside - there seems to be theory that reducing the wage bill - enables us to go out and spend comparable wages on bringing in players {called freeing up the wage bill] - Thats not a theory I m on board with.

Bent, Taraabt & Berbatov up front, Fulham should be laughing in attack now. Only problem is their lazyness, none will get back to help defend.

Looks ok on paper, but not sure how much of a 'team' Fulham will be with these individuals. Good luck to them and all but don't think it will work.

I'm really not worried about us losing Bent like some are, we have a Benteke for crying out loud!

Also, do you not see how we might be more in the Leeds/Portsmouth club than those goliaths? If you want investment in the squad it's best not to be losing £50million a year. The fact that you do a little snide, "If we did get a transfer fee for Bent then it would go to RL" shows how poor a grasp you have on the financial reality at Villa---and the majority of clubs around the world for that matter.  

Â