Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

should ged stay on there's going to be a LOT of humble pie being eaten this coming season by some posters on here

although they'll still whinge about something

How you mean P3te? Dont understand...

the people saying we'll be in the bottom 3, or houllier will have us fighting relegation again

not gonna happen

i hope ged stays purely because he'll show that this season was a transitionary one hampered by an incredible amount of injuries. like it or not, this season was the season we'd have had post mon whenever he left, regardless of who replaced him

Oh i see. Totally agree aswell. If we can get rid of the deadwood in the squad and bring some quality in we will be fine. Get Darren Bent firing on all cylinders and literally anything could happen IMO

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Arry in charge we wouldn't have diced with relegation like we had?

Well he got West Ham relegated before, a team which included the likes of Joe Cole, Frank Lampard, David James, Jermain Defoe etc etc.

Lampard wasn't in that team, and I'm not sure about Cole either...

I really hope so but all those Houllier lovers will have egg on their faces eh? :lol:

dont think theres any chance of that at all

we're playing much better football, if we get a new defence in who are comfortable with the ball at their feet we'll be a cracking team next season. definitely up there pushing for 5th

spot on... if we can keep our players over the summer...

to be honest, of the ones mooted to be leaving only downing is essential to next season imo. ash needs to go, for his sake and for our sake. for the money we can get for him based on his reputation we should be able to bring in someone who can perform above the level as has been the past 2 years, even if he's not as good a player on paper

Who would you sign then??????????????

And if they are as good as Ash, why would nobody else be chasing after them?

Well he got West Ham relegated before, a team which included the likes of Joe Cole, Frank Lampard, David James, Jermain Defoe etc etc.

I don't think Redknapp was in charge of then when they got relegated either. Wasn't it Roeder?

I really hope so but all those Houllier lovers will have egg on their faces eh? :lol:

dont think theres any chance of that at all

we're playing much better football, if we get a new defence in who are comfortable with the ball at their feet we'll be a cracking team next season. definitely up there pushing for 5th

spot on... if we can keep our players over the summer...

to be honest, of the ones mooted to be leaving only downing is essential to next season imo. ash needs to go, for his sake and for our sake. for the money we can get for him based on his reputation we should be able to bring in someone who can perform above the level as has been the past 2 years, even if he's not as good a player on paper

Who would you sign then??????????????

And if they are as good as Ash, why would nobody else be chasing after them?

people buying ash are buying him for the player he can be, not the player he has been the past 18 months. he's never going to get back to that level again with us, because he's in the comfort zone. if we want a player to replace the ash we've had for the last 2 seasons we dont need a player as good as him, we just need a player with a bit of consistency

I don't think Redknapp was in charge of then when they got relegated either. Wasn't it Roeder?

yes and we're employing him, i think that tells you all you need to know

And Chelsea are looking to take Grant on again in a club role...

That tells me nothing I need to know...Please expand a little more?

We're employing him...Yes and?

he managed to somehow relegate that team with all those class players in it, what more needs to be said?

he managed to somehow relegate that team with all those class players in it, what more needs to be said?

What has that go to do with us employing him? Didn't we just beat Arsenal and Liverpool? Maybe he scouted both of them teams for us which helped us win.

He isn't managing our team end of.

96% of voters would rather have something other than what we have now ( Hou and GMac ) and 85% would rather have someone other than Houllier as manager. As far as this vote goes it seems pretty conclusive that Houllier is no longer wanted and GMac even less so.

96% of voters would rather have something other than what we have now ( Hou and GMac ) and 85% would rather have someone other than Houllier as manager. As far as this vote goes it seems pretty conclusive that Houllier is no longer wanted and GMac even less so.
So...?

I'm suprised Mark Hughes hasn't had more votes on here. He has done exceptionally at most places he has been, and especially with a Fulham team this year. He also has historys with some of our problematic (but proven quality) players such as Dunne, Warnock and Ireland. If he could get those three sorted it would save us a lot of money.

I'm suprised Mark Hughes hasn't had more votes on here. He has done exceptionally at most places he has been, and especially with a Fulham team this year. He also has historys with some of our problematic (but proven quality) players such as Dunne, Warnock and Ireland. If he could get those three sorted it would save us a lot of money.

Definite no to Hughes. Even more so if it meant keeping Warnock and Ireland around any longer, I think its safe to say most of us want nothing to do with those clearings in the woods these days. And did Hughes not sell Dunne off at City?

Definite no to Hughes. Even more so if it meant keeping Warnock and Ireland around any longer, I think its safe to say most of us want nothing to do with those clearings in the woods these days. And did Hughes not sell Dunne off at City?

Definite yes to Hughes.