Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These eight managers finished above us in the Premier League this season:

Ferguson, Ancelotti, Mancini, Wenger, Redknapp, Dalglish, Moyes and Hughes

Ancelotti, Moyes and Hughes are the most realistic targets

Any of these three managers would be an improvement on Houllier.

Agreed?

Why upset the applecart at Villa? A connection has been built now between players and coaching/managing staff..The players understand the training thats required,stability is now getting established..Yet you want to undo all that and throw another spanner in the works? Why?

Its taken us this seaon to get in the back room staff and everyone used to each other, the results and team spirit are now returning..

Let sleeping dogs lie...Let the work now continue..

Why are you assuming the grass is greener on the other side?

Houllier explained and appologised...If you understand his character its not hard to understand..There was no malice intended towards Villa fans from him and there never has been..He is one guy thats trying to get liked by us but we wont offer him an inch..We are nasty bunch at times and we hate boy do we hate!

Oh yes I hate his management style!!!

He's a shit manager with a dodgy ticker! Why are we still debating him being manager? It's a farce!

Why upset the applecart at Villa? A connection has been built now between players and coaching/managing staff..The players understand the training thats required,stability is now getting established..Yet you want to undo all that and throw another spanner in the works? Why?

Seems to me we've got a few decent results and climbed the table since Houllier's been away from the club...

Replace him now. What we donna do next season if he has more health problems - which let's face it, its hardly out of the question is it? His health is not going to start getting any better at this age. Not worth the risk. It's the ideal time for a fresh start, and the sensible business decision.

Because some of those players, no. a lot of those players, will be gone for next season so who ever is the manager will have to get his own in so why not someone who has a longer term chance at the job? If GH survives it next season what about the one after? - would you not agree that Ancelloti and Wilkins for example would not be a better choice?

Why upset the applecart at Villa?

That's exactly what the idiot frenchman did when he came in without any justification! Not all managers come in and upset all the playing staff!! We need someone who can actually build a team and style of play that is worth watching and preferably not disrespect the club and it's fanbase!

Let sleeping dogs lie...Let the work now continue..

Let sleeping dogs lie and we will be relegated next year, get rid of that idiot and get in a proper manager and the grass is greener I have seen it!

would you not agree that Ancelloti and Wilkins for example would not be a better choice?

That would just be too good. Thus, this being Villa, will not possibly happen.

Agreed?

I disagree completely.

Houllier had an almighty mess to sort out, for which there is still some to go. He certainly has made mistakes himself, but we have improved, and we might see the first decent football at VP next season for several years.

I like Moyes, but I am not sure whether post-Everton he will be any good.

Ancelotti would be ridiculous. He is just another Abramovich 'big name' invited in to play with his millions.

Hughes, who has shown good progress as a manager at different clubs, would be a decent replacement, if that is what it comes to.

We have had a dodgy year, and we look like we are heading back in the right direction, so if GH is the man next season, we should show our support.

We finished ninth....so unless its for health reasons then Houllier should carry on as manager. Ive heard people banging on about Owen Coyle all season...we finished above them. I dont think theres much more to say really apart from some of you need to grow up!

We finished ninth....so unless its for health reasons then Houllier should carry on as manager. Ive heard people banging on about Owen Coyle all season...we finished above them. I dont think theres much more to say really apart from some of you need to grow up!

We SHOULD finish above them though, it's no massive achievement that we did. Still think Coyle is a top manager (got Burnley up with virtually no money). Bolton have hardly spent any money in the past 2 years. To keep them safe is achievement enough.

Agreed?

Agreed. In that order

Rafa Benitez is now 1/2 with Skybet..!!! this from 3/1 yesterday, while Chandler's go 11/4.

Mark Hughes is 10/11 with Chandler and 3/1 with Skybet.

Moyes has drifted from 4/1 to 10/1 with Skybet.

I expect an announcement from the club within the next 7 days and I see a curveball coming.

Obviously I've missed the boat on any Ancellotti chat having not been on here over the weekend, but if he wants to stay in the Premier League, then surely we'd be his best option?