Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Yep, thats why I don't think we'll get him, or indeed anyone of his ilk. (I ignored the 'likeness to MON' bit cuz I don't think its necessarily true or of relevance!)

He said 'too close' to O'Neill, which I take to mean they are friends.

Oh, shit. In that case its hugely relevant

Yeah I think MON mentored him or something? If i remember rightly? (could be talking trash lol)

Even Robbie Savage was saying Lambert is a spitting image of MON on the touchline.. cant find his tweet now, saying that the tracksuit, the way he commands his team and even the way he rolls his sleeves up are like a spitting image of MON :lol:

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benitez, despite the way he pissed us about with Barry, was complimentary about Villa on a few occasions - saying how the club was run was how he was trying to convince Liverpool to do.

As a person I don't particularly like him. As a manager - he's fantastically qualified.

Do we want a manager who was sacked TWICE in the same year and do we really want ANOTHER ex Liverpool manager?

Guillem Balague said on twitter that depending on what happens with Houllier, Benitez and Sanchez Flores are both on the "list". He says Quique Sanchez Flores doesn't know anything about Aston Villa but suspects he would like to manage in the Premier League at some point. Benitez has received numerous offers but is "waiting for the right one".

Benitez, despite the way he pissed us about with Barry, was complimentary about Villa on a few occasions - saying how the club was run was how he was trying to convince Liverpool to do.

As a person I don't particularly like him. As a manager - he's fantastically qualified.

Do we want a manager who was sacked TWICE in the same year and do we really want ANOTHER ex Liverpool manager?

No!

No more Liverpool fans please!

I don't think there's necessarily a friendshp between Lambert and O'Neill ... I just think their management careers have followed the same paths - in fact having both managed Wycombe and Norwich, lamberts natural next managers job is at Villa !

It doesn't matter which team a manager was previously in charge of, I just want the best man for the job. I don't necessarily think Benitez is that man but then again I don't really know these managers as people and not much about how they train and manage a team. Most people are not privy to that. I didn't even think the whole Houllier ignoring the Villa fans at Anfield was that big of a deal. Quite a load of much ado about nothing. Did he handle it well? Not particularly but I'm not going to cry about it.

Let's not kid ourselves about Benitez though. He was sacked from Liverpool (and we all know the massive trouble Hicks and Gillett caused there) and Inter Milan, two absolutely huge clubs, unfortunately more successful and bigger than Aston Villa. Taking a manager who has won the Champions League as well as many other honours, who has managed the teams that he has wouldn't be the craziest idea ever as long as he fits with the club well. I personally don't think he would but it isn't as if he isn't incredibly well qualified for the post.

Guillem Balague

I have been told Aston Villa has got both Spaniards, Rafa Benítez and Quique Sánchez Flores in their shortlist

Rafa Benítez has been offered West Brom, two national sides and a Italian club (not Inter though! ;-) ... Still waiting

Quique and Rafa in Aston Villa's shortlist pending what happens with Houllier of course

Guillem Balague said on twitter that depending on what happens with Houllier, Benitez and Sanchez Flores are both on the "list". He says Quique Sanchez Flores doesn't know anything about Aston Villa but suspects he would like to manage in the Premier League at some point. Benitez has received numerous offers but is "waiting for the right one".

Guillem Balague knows **** all about anything. He's barely, if ever, accurate when he's talking about the spanish league nevermind the prem. Can't imagine he has any contacts inside Villa.

Lambert was O'Neils captain for the 5 years MON managed Celtic.. Pretty sure there would be some friendship and if MON has a bad view of the club Lambert may not want to get involved? Thats not for sure though but it would certainly be like taking a young MON on as manager

I don't think there's necessarily a friendshp between Lambert and O'Neill ... I just think their management careers have followed the same paths - in fact having both managed Wycombe and Norwich, lamberts natural next managers job is at Leicester!

There. Fixed it for you.

I don't think there's necessarily a friendshp between Lambert and O'Neill ... I just think their management careers have followed the same paths - in fact having both managed Wycombe and Norwich, lamberts natural next managers job is at Leicester!

There. Fixed it for you.

Cheers John ... Just gotta send O'Neill to Colchester and its proper fixed ! :)

At least FSW has a trusted team around him and they'd all come in as a unit, wouldn't they ??

Unlike GED, who didn't have a team and didn't attract who he really wanted, i mean wasn't McAllister like 5th choice ??

1. André Villas Boas

2. André Villas Boas

3. André Villas Boas

Young, exciting, and has been in the game since he was 16 and speaks English. Oh yeah, and his side has not lost a match in the domestic league this year and will win the Europa League. This guy is gonna be huge and I want him at Villa. Having said all that now, prolly not a feckin chance we even go near him because we dont have the balls for it.

I'd take FSW, dont understand all the animosity towards him at the moment.

We're not going to get another Oneill for a decade or so, so I think people are going to have to find a way to welcome the likes of Hughes, FSW or (at a push) Moyes.

Why the **** would it matter which club he has managed in the past? The fact that he's managed Liverpool, a bigger and more successful club is a problem how? The fact that he won the European Cup there is a problem too, I presume?

He left Liverpool, and Inter, after falling out with the people in charge there. In fact, he falls out with his owners everywhere he's been.