Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Why some of us calling for Lambert on here????

He has no premiership experience. He has done well in League1 and the Championship, but to say Lambert for our team is utter suicide. He would not handle a team like ours in the Premiership let alone turn us around. I still believe Norwich will not last a season in the Premiership, likely neither will QPR.

Why did Everton get David Moyes? Why did Bolton get Owen Coyle? Why did Leicester hire MON? Because they gambled. I have no PL experience, but I'm sure I'm a a better manager than Gary McAllister.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

their alot more wrong that wright at villa at this present time

There's a lot more wrong than right with your English, too. And I disagree. This season has been dreadful, but most of what is bad at the club is removable. The foundations are there. I don't see Moyes as a frontrunner for United.

i still think steve mcclaren is the man,proven in the prem,knows the game in uk/germany/holland,.not intrested in fat sam,moyes wont leave,sm has alot to offer imho,

And he picks up the local dialect well too!

im not being funny but why would moyes leave everton for villa? i dont think for a second this will happen,i think the gh was huge mistake but randy has a great option due to gh health to remove gh.. lets not dick around here..this season we have been very poor,records have been smashed against us,been beat by rivals..the list goes on! we need to draw a line through the season,appoint a manager as soon as the season has drawn to a end & get the dead wood out & install a team with passion to match the passion of the faithfull

Why wouldn't he?

Villa and Everton are similar in size, but they're skint with old crumbling stadium with not even as much as a hint of any new investment. Perhaps after all these years he feels like a new challenge?

We're Aston Villa, not Crewe Alexandra you know. We need to be ambitious.

we are aston villa your right mate,we have a few quid & a great stadium,a few good players.. however..we struggle to sell out (fact),their alot more wrong that wright at villa at this present time,if i was moyes i would stick around at a skint club untill sir alex leaves

As I said earlier in this thread, I have it on good authority Moyes will not be leaving Everton for us this summer. I also explained my own personal views on why not as well.

And we're hardly a fountain of opportunity right now are we?

im not being funny but why would moyes leave everton for villa? i dont think for a second this will happen,i think the gh was huge mistake but randy has a great option due to gh health to remove gh.. lets not dick around here..this season we have been very poor,records have been smashed against us,been beat by rivals..the list goes on! we need to draw a line through the season,appoint a manager as soon as the season has drawn to a end & get the dead wood out & install a team with passion to match the passion of the faithfull

Why wouldn't he?

Villa and Everton are similar in size, but they're skint with old crumbling stadium with not even as much as a hint of any new investment. Perhaps after all these years he feels like a new challenge?

we are aston villa your right mate,we have a few quid & a great stadium,a few good players.. however..we struggle to sell out (fact),their alot more wrong that right at villa at this present time,if i was moyes i would stick around at a skint club untill sir alex leaves

The attendance thing is irrelevant. More fans turn up when the team is doing better. It's the way it's always been at Villa Park. It would be no different under Moyles. Our attendances are usually better than Everton's anyway.

Why wouldn't he?

we are aston villa your right mate,we have a few quid & a great stadium,a few good players.. however..we struggle to sell out (fact),their alot more wrong that wright at villa at this present time,if i was moyes i would stick around at a skint club untill sir alex leaves

As I said earlier in this thread, I have it on good authority Moyes will not be leaving Everton for us this summer. I also explained my own personal views on why not as well.

i agree..if i was moyes i would stay well away from villa..out side of the midlands i dont think aston villa are regarded as a big club.

Why wouldn't he?

Why not? Some decent players and an ambitious chairman with money to spend?

One bad season doesn't make for the end of the world you know.

Why wouldn't he?

i agree..if i was moyes i would stay well away from villa..out side of the midlands i dont think aston villa are regarded as a big club.

Yeah right.

Why wouldn't he?

we are aston villa your right mate,we have a few quid & a great stadium,a few good players.. however..we struggle to sell out (fact),their alot more wrong that right at villa at this present time,if i was moyes i would stick around at a skint club untill sir alex leaves

The attendance thing is irrelevant. More fans turn up when the team is doing better. It's the way it's always been at Villa Park. It would be no different under Moyles. Our attendances are usually better than Everton's anyway.

is that down to villa park having more seats?

Why wouldn't he?

is that down to villa park having more seats?

No. It's down to having more fans.

Why some of us calling for Lambert on here????

He has no premiership experience. He has done well in League1 and the Championship, but to say Lambert for our team is utter suicide. He would not handle a team like ours in the Premiership let alone turn us around. I still believe Norwich will not last a season in the Premiership, likely neither will QPR.

Why did Everton get David Moyes? Why did Bolton get Owen Coyle? Why did Leicester hire MON? Because they gambled. I have no PL experience, but I'm sure I'm a a better manager than Gary McAllister.

I think we need to steer clear of a gamble next season though yeah!

Totally agree with you on GMAC though, he is useless, but we have no choice at the moment.

There's a lot to analyse when you try to consider whether we would have had the season we've had with MON in charge.

We have had loads of injuries this season and MON never really had to contend with anything like that during his time in charge. If he'd had the injuries this season and still been in charge, it is difficult to see how we would have had much of a better season than we've had, although to be fair, I'm convinced the players would have shown more character and fight than they have done. However, you could ask whether the injuries are as a result of the new training regime? if so, it is then arguable that we may have been relatively injury free this season and we could have been pushing for that top four again.

It could also be the case that the players who were supposedly injured may have been swinging the lead a little, in response to the newer training regime. Please do not tell me that there aren't people out there who get pissed off at work and so take the odd sicky here and there, of course people do, so is that really beyond a pro footballer when he goes home to his million pound home and stunning wife? Probably easier for them to do than it is the average working man!

I think it's harsh to say that the players have only shown signs of fading since MON left. MON had to deal with a lot as well. Remember the Carew situation? He also had the added Europa League games thrown in for the last couple of seasons of his reign and had to manage those into the equation, as well as long cup runs last season.

I would like to ask this. If MON had stayed and was given the transfer money from the Milner/Ireland deal, as well as having a happy(ish) Ireland in his squad, as well as being knocked out of all the cups at the same stage as we were under Houllier. Would we have had the season we have just had? I very much doubt it, even if we had the same injuries.

There's a lot to analyse when you try to consider whether we would have had the season we've had with MON in charge.

We have had loads of injuries this season and MON never really had to contend with anything like that during his time in charge. If he'd had the injuries this season and still been in charge, it is difficult to see how we would have had much of a better season than we've had, although to be fair, I'm convinced the players would have shown more character and fight than they have done. However, you could ask whether the injuries are as a result of the new training regime? if so, it is then arguable that we may have been relatively injury free this season and we could have been pushing for that top four again.

It could also be the case that the players who were supposedly injured may have been swinging the lead a little, in response to the newer training regime. Please do not tell me that there aren't people out there who get pissed off at work and so take the odd sicky here and there, of course people do, so is that really beyond a pro footballer when he goes home to his million pound home and stunning wife? Probably easier for them to do than it is the average working man!

I think it's harsh to say that the players have only shown signs of fading since MON left. MON had to deal with a lot as well. Remember the Carew situation? He also had the added Europa League games thrown in for the last couple of seasons of his reign and had to manage those into the equation, as well as long cup runs last season.

I would like to ask this. If MON had stayed and was given the transfer money from the Milner/Ireland deal, as well as having a happy(ish) Ireland in his squad, as well as being knocked out of all the cups at the same stage as we were under Houllier. Would we have had the season we have just had? I very much doubt it, even if we had the same injuries.

it felt the club was in safer hands with mon in charge,every team has injurys,villa are not in a false position in the league from the 18 home games i have seen this season. im ready for change & i hope randy does the correct move early

I don't see the big attraction to Moyes to be honest.

Fair enoughhe has done an excellent job with the funds he has had but he only got Everton so far, plus he hasn't won anything and in how many years?

Why wouldn't he?

how do you know there is money to spend, and if our owner was that ambitious why have we sold our best players year on year, and it looks like the same will be happening this year. I wouldn't say its the end of the world, but i'd say its the end of us as a top 6 side for many years to come..

Why wouldn't he?

how do you know there is money to spend, and if our owner was that ambitious why have we sold our best players year on year, and it looks like the same will be happening this year. I wouldn't say its the end of the world, but i'd say its the end of us as a top 6 side for many years to come..
your right..all we hear is the wage bill requires cutting,yes we have had to sell our best/better players but i dont blame randy for the sales of jm/gb.

Wouldn't want him anywhere near our club. Failed at Middlesbrough, failed at England and failed at Wolfsburg. He can't manage big teams, enough said. Best place for him is back in the Dutch league

I would question this. Didnt he win Middlesbrough firstophy, european final and a year or so after eh leaves they get relegated.

At Wolfsburg and England he had a few problems with players egos but i think with a strong assistant could be a good manager for us