Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

I never said last season was a sinking ship I said he was leaving a sinking ship and guess what we've sunk.

He left us after our best season in years.

And we've sunk because his replacement is **** useless.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said last season was a sinking ship I said he was leaving a sinking ship and guess what we've sunk.

We were sinking before his replacement even took charge. Can you honestly say that after looking at our first few games this season you thought we were gonna get anywhere near how well we did last season?

Everything looks pretty on paper doesn't it but of course you of all people would think that, how about you have a think about what was going on off the pitch before you make such a ridiculous response. Face it ffs this season was always going to happen and anyone who doesn't think so is still in love with MON or seriously hates Houllier.

:lol:

You can come up with all the rumours or inside gossip you like, its an absolute joke to describe us as a sinking ship after our best season in years.

I'm no fan of O'Neill, but if he was allowed t invest in the team last summer I'm pretty sure we'd be in the top 6 this season. Yes he fecked us over with his antics, but the proof is in the pudding - 3 consecutive top 6 finishes. I really don't think we'd be struggling this term if he was in charge. You'd have to be seriously deluded to think otherwise.

Everything looks pretty on paper doesn't it but of course you of all people would think that, how about you have a think about what was going on off the pitch before you make such a ridiculous response. Face it ffs this season was always going to happen and anyone who doesn't think so is still in love with MON or seriously hates Houllier.

You can come up with all the rumours or inside gossip you like, its an absolute joke to describe us as a sinking ship after our best season in years.

I'm no fan of O'Neill, but if he was allowed t invest in the team last summer I'm pretty sure we'd be in the top 6 this season. Yes he fecked us over with his antics, but the proof is in the pudding - 3 consecutive top 6 finishes. I really don't think we'd be struggling this term if he was in charge. You'd have to be seriously deluded to think otherwise.

He was offered funds but was told any new player wages would be from the sales of Sidwell, Carew et al - which he didn't like, so he walked. It's not all his fault anyway but for his managerial career he probably did the right thing at the time

Yeah, what about them? My original point was it can be done. The facts and the figures prove that Arsenal are a top 4 club and haven't spent billions to get there. I said a good manager could potentially get us in the top four. A good scouting network, some good cheap signings and a manager that knows how to manage could well get us there, regardless of how much money we spend.

Money is a major, major factor in the Premier League atm, I'm not doubting that for one second. What I am saying is that a great manager, with Lerner's resources, could get us into the top 4. However near impossible it may seem.

I am not saying it cant be done - Where have I said that, if you can point that out to me I would be grateful.

Your forgetting that Arsenal are the one team out of the top 5 that make a profit mainly due to them selling there stadium rights and good transfer business.

What about Man united, city, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs can you tell me about there finances............?

He was offered funds but was told any new player wages would be from the sales of Sidwell, Carew et al - which he didn't like, so he walked. It's not all his fault anyway but for his managerial career he probably did the right thing at the time

Yes I know all that. but that wasn't my point. There is no way we'd be struggling like we are now if O'Neill was in charge. Last summer was like a Mexican stand off between O'Neill and Lerner but it was the club who lost out.

Incidentally I think Lerner is as much to blame for this season as O'Neill. You have to invest just to stand still, let alone improve. Hopefully Lerner's learned his lesson.

All if's but's and maybe's had MON have stayed. We'll never know and we have to move on. Houllier is a clueless bollock and needs to go. Yesterday, under Gary Mack was truly dire. Absolutely not good enough and I want the board to act.

Lerner is definitely to blame for it aswell, you shouldn't do that kind of thing when a football club's future is involved. He's also to blame for hiring Houllier when we could have been a bit more ruthless and gone for someone better with a hunger to win something like Moyes. Lerner's problem is he's too nice... hence why Houllier stayed in the job

Lerner is definitely to blame for it aswell, you shouldn't do that kind of thing when a football club's future is involved. He's also to blame for hiring Houllier when we could have been a bit more ruthless and gone for someone better with a hunger to win something like Moyes. Lerner's problem is he's too nice... hence why Houllier stayed in the job

I can't argue with that. I think he was a bit naive, but hopefully he's learned his lesson.

im not being funny but why would moyes leave everton for villa? i dont think for a second this will happen,i think the gh was huge mistake but randy has a great option due to gh health to remove gh.. lets not dick around here..this season we have been very poor,records have been smashed against us,been beat by rivals..the list goes on! we need to draw a line through the season,appoint a manager as soon as the season has drawn to a end & get the dead wood out & install a team with passion to match the passion of the faithfull

left an evident sinking ship to save his CV.

Cup final, cup semi final, challenge for 4th till the 37th game of the season, highest points total in a 38 game premiership season.

That's a sinking ship?

My god, one of the most ridiculous things I've read on here.

John you think things were rosey at Aston Villa....Were they?

Why some of us calling for Lambert on here????

He has no premiership experience. He has done well in League1 and the Championship, but to say Lambert for our team is utter suicide. He would not handle a team like ours in the Premiership let alone turn us around. I still believe Norwich will not last a season in the Premiership, likely neither will QPR.

im not being funny but why would moyes leave everton for villa? i dont think for a second this will happen,i think the gh was huge mistake but randy has a great option due to gh health to remove gh.. lets not dick around here..this season we have been very poor,records have been smashed against us,been beat by rivals..the list goes on! we need to draw a line through the season,appoint a manager as soon as the season has drawn to a end & get the dead wood out & install a team with passion to match the passion of the faithfull

Why wouldn't he?

Villa and Everton are similar in size, but they're skint with old crumbling stadium with not even as much as a hint of any new investment. Perhaps after all these years he feels like a new challenge?

We're Aston Villa, not Crewe Alexandra you know. We need to be ambitious.

We were sinking before his replacement even took charge. Can you honestly say that after looking at our first few games this season you thought we were gonna get anywhere near how well we did last season?

From about March 2010 things were falling apart as results / performances were showing.

But thats the point - we can't afford to spend another 120m for another 4 years of top 6. We need a sustainable business plan, like Everton and Arsenal. not a high-spending one with ultimately no reward.

Why wouldn't he?

Villa and Everton are similar in size, but they're skint with old crumbling stadium with not even as much as a hint of any new investment. Perhaps after all these years he feels like a new challenge?

We're Aston Villa, not Crewe Alexandra you know. We need to be ambitious.

we are aston villa your right mate,we have a few quid & a great stadium,a few good players.. however..we struggle to sell out (fact),their alot more wrong that right at villa at this present time,if i was moyes i would stick around at a skint club untill sir alex leaves

i still think steve mcclaren is the man,proven in the prem,knows the game in uk/germany/holland,.not intrested in fat sam,moyes wont leave,sm has alot to offer imho,

Couldn't those reasoning's be said exactly the same for Houllier?

Wouldn't want him anywhere near our club. Failed at Middlesbrough, failed at England and failed at Wolfsburg. He can't manage big teams, enough said. Best place for him is back in the Dutch league.

This for me, the book stops with Randy.