Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

I'd like to see Paul Lambert - A real up and coming manager. Performed miracleswith Colchester,looking set for back to back promotions with Norwich playing great football. He has also won the champions league with dortmund so should have the respect of the players

I think he willprove to be the next Moyes!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see Paul Lambert - A real up and coming manager. Performed miracleswith Colchester,looking set for back to back promotions with Norwich playing great football. He has also won the champions league with dortmund so should have the respect of the players

Agree with all of that. Trouble is its going to be summer earliest. And if we get relegated not then either.

Agree with all of that. Trouble is its going to be summer earliest. And if we get relegated not then either.

Didn’t Taylor come to a relegated club from a club in the then first division?

Didn’t Taylor come to a relegated club from a club in the then first division?

Do you see Lambert doing it?

There is no panic to appoint a permanent manager till the end of the season. Over the next two months there are no players to be brought and sold. There is no massive overhaul or reshaping that can be done at this time. There is a very good group of players in place what they need is someone to motivate/inspire them.

I actually think Houllier just not being there would instantly lift a lot of the gloom and take a lot of the negativity away. Clean slate for everyone. Between now and the end of the season I'd simply look at promoting from within and going with a caretaker manager with the obvious choice being Kev Mac. Another idea might be to bring in someone like Laursen to work alongside your Cowans and Kev Macs - an inspirational figure who knows and I'd imagine commands the respect of a lot of the players especially the younger ones who would most likely have looked up to him.

I think the changes above would be enough to see us safe then come the summer there are a hell of a lot more choices available to us than what there is now and what there were the last time we were looking. I believe Moyes will be looking for a new challenge, Coyle could be persuaded to come as would Lambert and Grayson. Throw in the likes of Jol and Ranieri and there is no reason we should end up with another dud.

I'd like immediately Gianfranco Zola, not because he is a fellow countryman of mine (I'm not nationalist at all) but because I consider him either a great man and a great player with an amazing charisma, and I think that with his experience and tactical knowledges he would perfect for the job, a spark of light after the dark HullaKoop period.

On CM 03/04 years ago I won everything!

Premier League

FA Cup

League Cup

Charity shield

European Cup

European Super Cup

Intercontinetal Cup

Back in the times when I could manage a whole season in one sitting. 22 years into the game.

Wish I'd kept my save game filed :(

Not gianfranco zola... i agree with what you say but we need someone who is the finished article right now who can come in and do a job if we were thinking of going for Zola id prefer lambert similar kind of thing but experienced in the lower leagues knows how to win football matches ugly and has a desire to win