Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Finally, and perhaps in a bid to silence the growing calls for Gérard Houllier's head, rumours have begun circulating that Aston Villa may appoint Steve Staunton.

The Guardian

Down at the bottom of the article.

:lol:

And that will achieve what exactly?! :lol:

Good player back in the day, but hasn't got a **** clue about the managerial/coaching side of things as his record shows.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shillzz is right, there is no way Lerner will sack Houllier before the end of the season.

My choice Billy?...Rafa or Jol, failing those i would go for Curbishley.

Rafa or FSW. Nope I'm not having another continental in love with liverpool.

Jol - I dont know, would he bang heads together.

Curbs - Nowhere near a stong enough character.

(Houllier staying anyway)

I gather that the Staunton thing is some kind of PR stunt to keep us from protesting against Houllier. i.e. If Houllier goes, you get an even worse manager. I wouldnt actually put any credence to the rumours.

I gather that the Staunton thing is some kind of PR stunt to keep us from protesting against Houllier. i.e. If Houllier goes, you get an even worse manager. I wouldnt actually put any credence to the rumours.

I don't think it means that. I think it's saying that we'll appoint Steven Staunton as a coach (rather than as a replacement of Houllier).

It would be a PR stunt though - "Let's get an old Villa favourite in as a coach; that'll quieten them down"

I don't think it means that. I think it's saying that we'll appoint Steven Staunton as a coach (rather than as a replacement of Houllier).

It would be a PR stunt though - "Let's get an old Villa favourite in as a coach; that'll quieten them down"

Maybe, but we'va already got Cowans and they don't come much bigger than that. Peter Withe?

Not sure on Jol.

Out of interest, why do you say that?

I think he is a good manager but not sure if I would trust him with a transfer budget. Tottenham signed a lot of good players in his time but they were all Damien Comolli's signings.

If Jol can get us playing half as well as his Tottenham team I would be delighted. Not everyone agreed with MON's signings or trusted him with a budget but he got results. If it's the choice of appointing a manager who gets results but signs some duffers or someone who signs good players and ends up getting us relegated through negligence I know what I would choose.

No they weren't they were actually Arneson's signings.

They are probably are. Apologies for getting my facts wrong. Still not convinced though but I would give him a chance here. He would probably be doing better then GH atm!

What do people think about giving Sven Goran Eriksson a chance? I know we laughed at the sugggestion in the summer before Houllier arrived but he has gone up t'road and done not half bad at Lee-chester in the interim, so it appears he still has it and I reckon his stock might have gone up in here since as a result of that.

Thunks?