Should Houllier Stay or Go? (New topic, new poll options)

bickster

Should Houllier Stay or Go?  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Should Houllier Stay or Go?

• Should Stay
    • Should Go Now
    • Should Go at the End of the Season.

You're kidding, half the fans were still pining for O'Neill and at Houllier's appointment I saw people genuinely saying they would've preferred Allardyce. Not just at his appointment though I mean running through the early season with bad form people were quick slight Houllier despite inevitable transitional problems and a blatant injury crisis.

I'm not saying Houllier deserves immunity though I think he should be at least be given the summer and the beginning of next season.

So if we're relegated, would you give the summer? And before anyone comes on and says we won't be just take a look at the league table because it isn't pretty.

I thought if, if, if, is just speculation? Works both ways. As it stands we're midtable, and there are several teams a) worse than us or B) in worse form than us.

FWIW I think Wigan are certainties to go down, with SHA and Blackburn also not exactly setting the world on fire atm.

I don't think anyone has said he's doing a superb job, he's doing an ok job at best. However Rome wasn't built in a day and next season is the key.

I didn't say the fans pining for him had a point. I was at the Bolton game we played some great entertaining football we didn't get the points but we deserved to and I know (as posted above) most care more about points than performance but I don't go to sit and watch a league table, the players seem to be getting some cohesion now and we'll start climbing the table if we keep playing like that especially with our defenders returning to fitness.

I don't think anyone has said he's doing a superb job, he's doing an ok job at best. However Rome wasn't built in a day and next season is the key.

Nothing against you but why does everyone use that analogy? As i've been to Rome and it's shit!

Nothing against you but why does everyone use that analogy? As i've been to Rome and it's shit!

I think it refers to the Roman empire more than the city :lol:

Because it's a city, and cities take time to build. Just an an analogy in fairness, Paris wasn't built in a day, Wolverhampton wasn't built in a day, Bratislava wasn't built in a day don't roll off the tongue.

Never been to Rome itself although I will be later this year.

Anyway off on a tangent there. Houllier should get the summer and the period after that to "work his magic". If he doesn't and we're struggling again, we'll get rid of him, its as simple as that for me. However I have confidence he will be able to succeed.

You are right I don't think superb was the word used. The actual word used was "remarkable"

I think the forum is pretty impressive :D

800px-Tavares.Forum.Romanum.redux.jpg

You are right I don't think superb was the word used. The actual word used was "remarkable"

Don't you think the job he'd doing is worthy of remark? It's just that you seem to make many remarks on it ;-)

Don't you think the job he'd doing is worthy of remark? It's just that you seem to make many remarks on it ;-)

And I'm not on my own ;-)

I think the forum is pretty impressive :D

800px-Tavares.Forum.Romanum.redux.jpg

Almost in as much of a state as this forum is at times, no? ;)

I think people may be unduly blaming Houllier short of miraculously healing Dunne, Collins and/ or Cuellar, lacing up his boots and putting away Bent's chances or scoring Young's penalty himself or magically conjuring up some experience for Nathan Baker there's not a fat lot Houllier could have done at Bolton and as I said for the most part it looked like we might actually win.

Did you see the corners they scored? First goal Cahill scores no-one on a post, second one we have players on a post but we allow a player to win the header and then get to the rebound before anyone else. Sorry Houllier is in charge of organisation and that game proves defensively we are not well organised. And before someone says we had the CB's out injured, i am talking about basic organisation here.

I think people may be unduly blaming Houllier short of miraculously healing Dunne, Collins and/ or Cuellar, lacing up his boots and putting away Bent's chances or scoring Young's penalty himself or magically conjuring up some experience for Nathan Baker there's not a fat lot Houllier could have done at Bolton and as I said for the most part it looked like we might actually win.

Yes, but I think in fairness that result has to be viewed in context of the Man City game. And the point is that after resting players Houllier had to get a result against Bolton and didn't. The resting of players against Man City turned out to be pointless.

We did look like we would win. I agree the abysmality at set pieces would be largely down to Houllier, however when you've got two defenders just back from injuries, and two other young lads (walker's only 20) then we are going to struggle from set pieces. As I said, young and Bent had bad games, and if Youngs penalty had gone in we would be 1 point behind Bolton rather than 7. I reckon we'll beat Wolves with some degree of comfort.

See after the match I would have agreed with you, wasn't blaming him, I could see why he did what he did (mainly) and he was forced to playing inexperienced defenders at the back but then… he opened his mouth and said he couldn't address the defending and the errors until the summer as the players had picked up bad habits under MON. He went from "not really much he could do about that" to imbecile in a few short sentences yet again. The bloke is his own worst enemy.

It was also utterly bizzare as of the four defenders on the pitch only Clark had played in the position he was picked for under MON and that was for ONE whole appearance

We did look like we would win. I agree the abysmality at set pieces would be largely down to Houllier, however when you've got two defenders just back from injuries, and two other young lads (walker's only 20) then we are going to struggle from set pieces. As I said, young and Bent had bad games, and if Youngs penalty had gone in we would be 1 point behind Bolton rather than 7. I reckon we'll beat Wolves with some degree of comfort.

Wish i had your confidence with Wolves, as they have been very good in recent games.

Â