Gerards Excuse

samjp26

"Man City are a better team than us"

Right, which is why we beat them not too long ago when we played a full strength squad.

He also looks quite upset, whether that is anger or worry of job loss i'm not sure.

"Man City are a better team than us"

Right, which is why we beat them not too long ago when we played a full strength squad.

He also looks quite upset, whether that is anger or worry of job loss i'm not sure.

Are you SERIOUSLY trying to claim they aren't a better side than us ?

He deserves flak for the team selection no doubt. But to pick on that absolute truth he said is a bit mental to be frank

They are a better team that us. Simple. Yes we beat them at Villa Park a few weeks ago, but we also had Darren Bent playing in that, he wasn't available tonight.

He is entitled to pick the team that he thinks will give people a rest, a chance etc. Villa weren't that bad tonight (except for Petrov and Gabby IMO). Takes time to build a squad and I think we'll stand a much better chance next season after a summer of rebuilding.

Just don't really understand it.

It annoyed me when MON did it at Moscow but at least we were chasing something else.

As far as I'm concerned we're safe in the league with nothing to play for and not a hectic schedule. It just makes no sense.

I'm not angry about it as much as confused.

Using "they are a better team than us" as an excuse is a mockery of our team, it's a cup game - Do you think SHA went out the weekend thinking we'l give it half a shot they're a better team than us?

We're playing well right now, Man City aren't, so his exact comment of "they're a better team than us at the moment" isn't valid really is it?

Just don't really understand it.

It annoyed me when MON did it at Moscow but at least we were chasing something else.

As far as I'm concerned we're safe in the league with nothing to play for and not a hectic schedule. It just makes no sense.

I'm not angry about it as much as confused.

We and many other sides aren't "safe" yet, it's a very tight league this year.

Football is not as black and white as "the better team"! as we're 12th in the league, and Bolton are above us, let's throw that game too!

Get **** Houllier.

Football is not as black and white as "the better team"! as we're 12th in the league, and Bolton are above us, let's throw that game too!

Get **** Houllier.

Indeed. It's not really what he said that is the problem either, its just the fact that we didn't even try to win. We were about as threatening tonight as Blackburn were on Saturday. Less so in fact, the game was over tonight after five minutes.

Get **** Houllier.

Indeed. It's not really what he said that is the problem either, its just the fact that we didn't even try to win. We were about as threatening tonight as Blackburn were on Saturday. Less so in fact, the game was over tonight after five minutes.

after 5 mins? it was over before it started playing that team, city's reserves would have brushed that time aside. **** joke that he left so many first teamers on the bench.

Was disappointed when I saw the score, but flabbergasted when I saw our lineup.

I understand the whole "field a weakened side" thing - but that is usually the remit of clubs that are actually chasing honours. Even then, it only happens in the early rounds. We would have had Reading as our next opponent in the quarter finals!

Dumbfounded. This is just as bad as the Moscow debacle - something that didn't work out either.