Alan Hutton

Rich_D

“I think it can happen where supporters forget players are human beings and think we’re mechanical, but I can understand why.

That is a bollocks excuse

he hasnt used it as an excuse

Really? So what do you think he means then ? What do you think he is saying it for? Especially this whole section

“Sometimes it just takes time for people to settle in, become comfortable and build up their confidence,” he said.

“Hopefully that’s starting to happen now.

“I think it can happen where supporters forget players are human beings and think we’re mechanical, but I can understand why.

“They pay their money and they want to come and see the players on a Saturday playing to the best of their ability.

“For different reasons it doesn’t happen every week.

See it seems to me he is trying to explain why his performances have been garbage

**** me - leave the bloke alone............ oh well at least the villa masses have got the inevitable scapegoat they so crave !!!
Can we not comment on any player at the club and whether they are good , bad or indifferent ?

No, because that means he's a scapegoat.

Daring to criticise someone who has been quite obviously shit now means we are making him a scapegoat to some folk. :|

See it seems to me he is trying to explain why his performances have been garbage

What was garbage about his performances against Arsenal, Liverpool, Bolton, United and Swansea?

Oh would you look at that. 5 games out of 17.

So, he's been shit in 2/3rds of his games so far ie he's been a flop, and has to drastically improve.

So, yes, Richard is right.

Houlston, I'm not going to go into "he did this on 20 minutes against X" or "that on 15 minutes against Y"

Just for me in the games he has played for us this season his tackling has been poor (should have been sent off a few times actually), distribution bad, positioning non existent and generally looked totally out of depth.

Lets face it if he had been brilliant he wouldn't be coming out with these excuses would he?

I thought his last game was his best for us. But instead of taking the postives from that some folks would rather beat the same old tired gong

I've yet to see him have an abysmal game, but to read some folks views you'd think he was as bad as Ireland

Houlston, I'm not going to go into "he did this on 20 minutes against X" or "that on 15 minutes against Y"

Just for me in the games he has played for us this season his tackling has been poor (should have been sent off a few times actually), distribution bad, positioning non existent and generally looked totally out of depth.

Lets face it if he had been brilliant he wouldn't be coming out with these excuses would he?

He has had a number of hard tackles yes but nothing ridiculous they were tackles that can be considered stupid in the modern game that is more a reflection on the game today.

His distribution of the ball is not bad and he has one of the highest pass completion rates of any of our players.

If his positioning is so bad how come Sinclair, Gervinho, Young and Bellamy have not run him ragged or even done anything of note? These are all very good footballers.

He has had a number of hard tackles yes but nothing ridiculous they were tackles that can be considered stupid in the modern game that is more a reflection on the game today.

? "Tackles that can be considered stupid in the modern game" Shouldn't players taking part in the "modern game" be aware of what is stupid or not and try and ensure that they do not put themselves at risk of being removed from the field of play and put their team at a disadvantage (mind you him not on the pitch may actually help us!) ?

His distribution of the ball is not bad and he has one of the highest pass completion rates of any of our players.

Fine you have the opinion it is OK, I think he is shockingly bad at distribution

If his positioning is so bad how come Sinclair, Gervinho, Young and Bellamy have not run him ragged or even done anything of note? These are all very good footballers.

Accept that they are good players. Not so sure I agree that because they "didn't run him ragged" (in your opinion) it proves his positional play is spot on. For me it is most definitely his worst attribute.

Look Houlston I understand you have a different op to me. I think he is shite, a waste of 3.5M in a time when we could do with the money. Spurs , I believe, are releaved to have received so much for him. I know their fans are amazed by that and the fact he has found another premiership home.

I can understand why

? "Tackles that can be considered stupid in the modern game" Shouldn't players taking part in the "modern game" be aware of what is stupid or not and try and ensure that they do not put themselves at risk of being removed from the field of play and put their team at a disadvantage (mind you him not on the pitch may actually help us!) ?

Fine you have the opinion it is OK, I think he is shockingly bad at distribution

Accept that they are good players. Not so sure I agree that because they "didn't run him ragged" (in your opinion) it proves his positional play is spot on. For me it is most definitely his worst attribute.

Look Houlston I understand you have a different op to me. I think he is shite, a waste of 3.5M in a time when we could do with the money. Spurs , I believe, are releaved to have received so much for him. I know their fans are amazed by that and the fact he has found another premiership home.

I can understand why

Richard my comment about his tackles is agreeing with you, some he shouldnt have done them but they were nothing ridiculous.

You say I have a different opinion with regards to his passing but its not an opinion its a fact that he has one of the highest pass completion rates of any of our players, which means he doesnt give the ball away.

Ok if they didnt run him ragged, used as an extreme, but they didnt do anything of note either which yes shows that his positional sense must have been good.

Yes I have a different opinion to you in that I dont think he is shite but equally I dont think he's brilliant. The reason I have asked you these questions is because of the different opinions, isnt that what this board is partly for? I was hoping to have a better understanding of why you and others think he is shite.

His positioning has got to be the worst I have ever seen from any defender in the premier league.

he is the same week in week out if you watch him closely. His distribution is also dreadful, he is supposed to be an attacking full back but his crossing is worse than warnocks. if he gets picked ahead of cuellar it will be a disgrace.

knowing Mclueless though, thats exactly what will happen

His positioning has got to be the worst I have ever seen from any defender in the premier league he is the same week in week out if you watch him closely. His distribution is also dreadful

I'll ask you the same, if his positioning is so bad how come Gervinho, Young, Sinclair and Bellamy didnt get the better of him?

If his distribution is so bad how come his pass completion rate is one of the highest in the team?

Off the top of my head, I cannot think of a worse full back in the Premier League

briefly off the top of my head

James Perch

Paul Robinson

Andre Santos

Steve Gohouri

Emmerson Boyce

Wayne Bridge

Nicky Shorey

their is others

Off the top of my head, I cannot think of a worse full back in the Premier League

briefly off the top of my head

James Perch

Paul Robinson

Andre Santos

Steve Gohouri

Emmerson Boyce

Wayne Bridge

Nicky Shorey

their is others

I've not seen Hutton do anything to make me think he's any better than that bunch.

Â