Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I've watched all three games that Makoun has featured in since he was signed, i thought he was quiet against Wigan and failed to track his man on one or two occasions but his last two performances have been top draw. Our best player against Man Utd and also against Fulham, some of his passing is fantastic, somebody like Bannan could learn so much from him but to compare Bannan to Makoun is unfair, this is a proven champions league player, played at the top level in Europe for the past few years and also a fair bit older than Bannan.

I dont think Bannan at this stage could have the same affect on a game that Makoun has but potentially could do in the future and hopefully will do!

I know I said I haven't properly seen him play yet, but are people jumping to conclusions a bit early? Talk off him going to a CL team and not selling him for less than £20million? Seems a bti extreme at this stage, even though i am excited by his potential.

I know I said I haven't properly seen him play yet, but are people jumping to conclusions a bit early? Talk off him going to a CL team and not selling him for less than £20million? Seems a bti extreme at this stage, even though i am excited by his potential.
I don't know whether it's just me Stevo, but it sounds like others have seen it as well. There's just something about him, when he's in possession or about to receive the ball that is different from other players.. he seems one or even two steps ahead (sounds like the Stephen Ireland criticism :lol:).

I didn't say that. I just meant there's a difference between other teams looking at him, and Cl clubs wanting him for £20m plus.

As I said, I don't know. I'm yet to see him play in a full game, just highlights. You may be right, he might be unbelievably good. It just seems like we're jumping the gun a little bit. If I'm wrong and he really is that good then brilliant, couldn't be happier.

You cant tell me that if he carries on like this that other teams arent gonna be looking at nabbing him off us.

Thats the optimism i like :lol:

Lets worry about it when and if it happens. TBF, he was a class player BEFORE he signed for us, and no doubt had other offers. But he chose us, and he chose us because we sold the club to him, and our vision for the next couple of seasons, and his role in that.

Thats whats got me excited, and i cant wait to see whom we have lined up for the summer! 8)

You cant tell me that if he carries on like this that other teams arent gonna be looking at nabbing him off us.

Thats the optimism i like :lol:

Lets worry about it when and if it happens. TBF, he was a class player BEFORE he signed for us, and no doubt had other offers. But he chose us, and he chose us because we sold the club to him, and our vision for the next couple of seasons, and his role in that.

Thats whats got me excited, and i cant wait to see whom we have lined up for the summer! 8)

Im basically just fearing the worst so that if he does stay for any significant amount of time it will be a pleasant surprise :winkold:

Of course i hope (and think) he does stay. We should be looking to build the midfield around him IMO

Will Arsenal offer him first team football? Remember he left Lyon (who are in champions league and are suffering since he has left) because of not playing football, he is enjoying football here because he plays here.. he wants to play, he doesn't want to be on the bench again. I'm confident he'll stay anyway for now.

I'd like to see him play with Ireland, shame he's gone really as they both pass the ball very well, a midfield trio of Makoun, Ireland & Bannan would be very easy on the eye, maybe take out Bannan for Reo Coker or Bradley against the better teams.

I'd like to see him play with Ireland, shame he's gone really as they both pass the ball very well, a midfield trio of Makoun, Ireland & Bannan would be very easy on the eye, maybe take out Bannan for Reo Coker or Bradley against the better teams.

Although im not Irelands biggest fan - infact, im far from it - i do think you have a point here. Him and Makoun could work well. Both are good passers of the ball and both have a good footballing brain. Makoun might just bring the best out of Ireland.

Ireland was NEVER going to shine here with Petrov refusing to make any incisive passes forward.

We just need the rest of our team to learn how to play with Makoun

We just need certain members of our team, to learn how to pass the Ball, move into space, be aware of whats happening around them, move the ball quicker, and stop giving it to the opposition!

No names being mentioned for the reasons of diplomacy :lol:

He's a fantastic passer of the ball. If Bradley is the b2b we need, then we are a quality DM (tackler) in behind them two, we are going to be a fantastic team at keeping possession and creating chances. Flamini would be a good shout.

And get a quality LB, with Downing/Young. Then to Bent, gola gola gola. And a commanding CB, like Samba. And a new keeper. We haven't got too many changes to make to be a European-worthy side again

This didn't take nearly as much time.

I watched a replay of Aresenal Everton last night. Very fun match, very open, lot's of creativity. Arsenal seemed to flow well and Fabregas ran the show.

I know, every match and every opponent is different, but since playing them in the same side on the same day against the same opponent isn't possible, you have to sacrifice some accuracy. So i just picked the most recent match i had seen for each.

Fabregas vs. Everton.

60 passes

44 successful (41 from open play) 73.3%

16 unsuccessful 26.6%

Makoun vs. Fulham.

73 passes

61 successful 83.5%

12 unsuccessfull 16.4%

I really don't understand those that can't see he is class.

Â