Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

It actually came from Houllier himself from a press conference.

Yeah but we all know Houllier spoke a load of bollocks. :winkold:

Absolutely. If it came from Houllier, he was away with the fairies from quite early on in his unhappy spell at Villa. The figure quoted by every media outlet in the country presumably came from the club since it was included in the initial "Villa sign Makoun" story.

Saying that I didn't spot DB either but he's in training shots!

Well there's the proof right there, he was the first person I spotted in the vid. So to say JII is leaving because he wasn't seen in the vid is just being a jobber ;)

So hes played 7 games for us

Successive managers and coaching staff have overlooked him for the first team squad

He spent last season out on loan

Now there's rumours he didn't turn up for training -(personally I doubt it was a no show - without prior notice be given)

However should he establish himself as a villa regular - it will be the mother of all comebacks !!!

Really at 29 - there are other, younger players who deserve a chance ahead of him. There seems little sense in trying to accommodate Makoun - who at the very best could be Gavin Mcann, George Boateng standard.

My only hope is that we don't have to write off the whole £5m we paid for him - but it looks likely we will.

:cry:

McCann? how many CL he play?

PL is a fool if he gives Hutton and Collins a chance but not makoun. I doubt this is the case.

Only logical reason.. is hes already agreed a move away.. from his own request.

McCann? how many CL he play?

PL is a fool if he gives Hutton and Collins a chance but not makoun. I doubt this is the case.

Only logical reason.. is hes already agreed a move away.. from his own request.

OK assume a best case scenario for Makoun at VP - who would you bracket him with ?

certainly not platt, cowans, calibre -

We don't have a good midfield at the moment - but still don't see Makoun getting the nod - ultimatley he will either go loan until his contracts runs down then he leaves on free - If we get a £1m fee that would be a bonus for me.

Take your point about CL experience - but his career seems to have nosedived in the last 3 years - also seems pretty injury prone as well

Â