Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Even though he would probably be the 1st to admit he did not have a good game yesterday there is something about this player that excites me.

Its been a while since we have had a player that has such an eye for an attacking pass, and the skill to pull it off, the last I can remember was the magic man Merson.

You can see that parts of the game are passing him by at the moment but we have to remember that a lot of players are simply lost when exposed to the premiership. He will improve when he learns how to play here properly and he gets over the steep learning curve needed to flourish, and flourish he will IMO.

I am genuinely looking forward to seeing him play next season.

agreed entirely, he will be superb next season

Even though he would probably be the 1st to admit he did not have a good game yesterday there is something about this player that excites me.

Its been a while since we have had a player that has such an eye for an attacking pass, and the skill to pull it off, the last I can remember was the magic man Merson.

You can see that parts of the game are passing him by at the moment but we have to remember that a lot of players are simply lost when exposed to the premiership. He will improve when he learns how to play here properly and he gets over the steep learning curve needed to flourish, and flourish he will IMO.

Excellently put.

Excellently put.

Thank you.

First there were at least five others on the pitch a lot worse than Jean ll Makoun yesterday

Sorry but I made than 9 players in C&B better than Makoun, ten if you include Heskey who at least won a foul in his 25 seconds on the pitch. Only player worse than Makoun yesterday was Walker.

First there were at least five others on the pitch a lot worse than Jean ll Makoun yesterday

Sorry but I made than 9 players in C&B better than Makoun, ten if you include Heskey who at least won a foul in his 25 seconds on the pitch. Only player worse than Makoun yesterday was Walker.

You dont like Makoun. I know that.

I think Collins, Dunne and Walker were our worst players. Makoun showed great composure but seemed to then get scared after he was booked. Once he learns to stay on his feet he will be a better player for it.

I think Collins, Dunne and Walker were our worst players. Makoun showed great composure but seemed to then get scared after he was booked. Once he learns to stay on his feet he will be a better player for it.

friedel was worse also, i can't wait until he retires, he's the worst keeper in the league by a country mile

friedel was worse also, i can't wait until he retires, he's the worst keeper in the league by a country mile

It's blatently obvious how much of a wind up you are on! Give it a rest.

It's blatently obvious how much of a wind up you are on! Give it a rest.

:lol: name a worse keeper in the league then

You dont like Makoun. I know that.

You'd be making that up in your head then. At no point have I ever said that, what I haven't done is call him superb, or any of those other superlatives that really don't apply most of the time when he has played, so far he's had one great game (Man Utd), one above average game game (Fulham) and the rest of the time, he has looked like he needs time to adjust to the PL. It's no coincidence that his better games have come against two of the less physical sides in the league. In fact I think I said he'd play much better against United before the game, which he did, I've also said we won't see the best of him this season and I really don't think we will but I've never said I don't like him, I just don't guild the lilly when it comes to assessing a players performance. Yesterday only Walker was worse for us. He was actually lucky to be on the pitch, I think even he thought he was going to be sent off for the foul for which he was booked, then he gave away a pen (albeit very dubious, but he was naive to stick his foot in where and when he did) and some of his passing was definitely not that good. His heading ability also seems, well, non existent when his feet are off the ground. He's used to much more time on the ball and it will take time, he could do with being dropped and Petrov coming back in to the team for a while, then he can come on fresh when Petrov tires, he will then get up to speed in a more gradual way and still get decent game time.

But no, I've never said I don't like him.

Richard Kingson, Scott Carson, Wojciech Szczesny, Paul Robinson...

i was referring to first choice keepers....robinson is 10x better than him, i'd say even carson is better than him now, he is that bad, almunia isn't worse than him now, maybe 12 months ago but not now, friedel is a joke

Wouldn't say he was the worst but I do agree. It's obvious to see he isn't the keeper he was and we definitely need somebody new.

Also, how many penalties has he saved playing for us?

There's five.

If you add in Robert Green thats 6 and I suspect a few more I could come up with. Friedel's time is almost up but he is not the worst keeper in the league by any stretch of anyones imagination. (apart from the obvious one of course)

But can we get this topic back to Jean II Makoun please

Â