Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Did anyone else notice the 2-footed tackle by Palacios in the Spurs/Blackpool game today that was punished with....wait for it..... a free kick. No booking whatsoever. **** referees, they are consistently inconsistent.

I think he will benefit from the lay off - a fierce intro to the Premier League with games in quick succession where he acquitted himself reasonably well followed by a spell on the sidelines allowing him to reflect a bit more on the game in England and prepare for his return. I also think we have quite a lot of options in his role with Barry Bannan and Delph as potential direct replacements.

Oz, I can't help but giggle every time at your avatar. :lol:

As for Makoun he will learn from it. The most frustrating thing is really he should have been booked for the first challenge as well as the second and therefore would only miss 1 game. :(

And Palacios' tackle was appalling! How is that not even a yellow!?

The most frustrating thing is really he should have been booked for the first challenge as well as the second and therefore would only miss 1 game. :(

You can still get a straight red for a tackle eevn if you are on a yellow.

Yes but he would most likely have been shown a second yellow. Anyway as I said, the consistency is shocking.

Think we should drop this now as it was a deserved red, he made a mistake and that mistake imo was cause because he was having to make up for other players' mistakes. Imo he took one for the team, bad challenge, but atleast he's not pulling out of 50:50's like other players.

He can tackle very well, i just hope this hasn't knocked his confidence as when he gets booked in a game he seems to get much more worried than other players do and holds off on challenges a lot of the time (not saying its a bad thing as it should mean less red cards).. but getting a red in his first few games could be worrying for his confidence to put a tackle in.

But think the red card issue has been played out on this thread now lol

He can tackle very well,

Can he :o the stats would tell you the complete opposite and that his attempted tackles and successful completion rate are shit.

Yes he can tackle very well. not saying he's up for a role at Centre-Half but he can tackle very well. But in his 2 and a half games you've seen him in he hasn't showed it. But there was me thinking we gave players a little while to settle in.. never mind.

Also tackles attempted vs completed just tells me he puts in a lot of tackles and isn't scared to tackle.. some people are forgetting that the reason he made the stupid challenge was because he was making up for somebody else (I believe it was Downing, may have been Petrov) not putting a tackle in.. not saying it was a good decision to go in two footed but still..

I believe it was Downing

It was Downing, he bottled it when it came to tackling.

Even if Downing did bottle a challenge, it doesn't excuse Makoun to go in with 2 feet. Against better sides that decision could have cost us a point IMO

I never said it was an excuse for him to go in with 2 feet.

I believe it was Downing

It was Downing, he bottled it when it came to tackling.

Even if Downing did bottle a challenge, it doesn't excuse Makoun to go in with 2 feet. Against better sides that decision could have cost us a point IMO

I never said it was an excuse for him to go in with 2 feet.

I didn't say you did, im saying that sometimes Makoun is going to have to think before tackling like that. We never know though, he might learn from this and not do it again

I wouldn't say he can tackle very well but he isn't exactly shit at tackling, just seems a bit rash at times

Big adjustment though with the speed of the Premier League. Its going to take him a while to get up to speed and a three game lay off will probably help in that respect - fierce intro, followed by a bit of time on the sidelines to watch the games and learn on top of his involvement. Hopefully, he will come back stronger.

Â