Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

I was under the impression that there werent too many Darren Bent fans on here. Im not a major fan tbh. Certainly not at 18m.

Good signal of intent!!

I dont think hes worth that tho.

Check the goal scoring stats.

Only Rooney and Drogba scored more goals than him in the last 5 years.

#I think£24m is a bargain.

Ive checked them - 15 penalties

Cant really argue with his goals tho. But lets not kid ourselves. we are not buying a world class player here.

A good penalty scorer is almost as important as a good goal scorer to us.

2 for the price of 1, now that is good business!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm struggling to understand is a certain poster has spent two years saying we should have signed Darren Bent and now we look like doing it is nowhere to be seen. Very odd.

TBF Trent, most of us ridiculed him as well for it. Especially when he compared him to Rooney

He is actually better than Rooney now though, it's obvious ;)

24m is a lot of money for Bent, but if that's what it takes, I'm glad we're spending it on him.

I was under the impression that there werent too many Darren Bent fans on here. Im not a major fan tbh. Certainly not at 18m.

Good signal of intent!!

I dont think hes worth that tho.

Check the goal scoring stats.

Only Rooney and Drogba scored more goals than him in the last 5 years.

#I think£24m is a bargain.

Ive checked them - 15 penalties

Well we bloody need someone who can take penalties.

We also need someone who can score goals, who will sign for a club that's 17th in the PL, and doesn't insist on Champion's League football.

The fact that we can get someone with a record as good as DB's is fantastic news, whether you think he's world class or not. There would hardly be four world class strikers in the whole of the PL in any case.

Listening to Collymore on Talksport made my piddle boil !

That guy really loves the sound of his own voice and talks crap sometimes. He was saying that Bent was an A score striker, but a D score as a footballer. What an arrogant knob you are Stan. Perhaps he's a more than a little jealous of our new man DB ?

Darren Bent's record goes before him and you don't read about his private life all over the press do you Stan ?

It's not desperation as you call it Stan, it's a great piece of business by our owner Randy Lerner who isn't just our owner, HE IS A VILLA FAN !

He's also backing the manager to turn the squad around in his first transfer window in JANUARY !

Well done Randy we appreciate you.

Hes absolutely right!!!

Thats why bent/kev phillips/andy cole - all struggled at International. Good goalscorers - but not great footballers.

I love how every Blues, West Brom, Wolves and Sunderland fan thinks that we are paying too much.

Blues - Hugely jealous, stick to chasing Kenny Miller for £600,000 then being told to **** off!!!

West Brom - Hugely jealous, we are considerably richer than yow!

Wolves - Hugely jealous, we are considerably richer than yow!

Sunderland - Bitter and twisted.

The city is ours...the city is ours....

What I'm struggling to understand is a certain poster has spent two years saying we should have signed Darren Bent and now we look like doing it is nowhere to be seen. Very odd.

TBF Trent, most of us ridiculed him as well for it. Especially when he compared him to Rooney

Two different posters.

I meant Paulanddonya

Two different posters.

I meant Paulanddonya

Ahh right. My Bad

Two different posters.

I meant Paulanddonya

he was on last night and apologised

That guy really loves the sound of his own voice and talks crap sometimes. He was saying that Bent was an A score striker, but a D score as a footballer. What an arrogant knob you are Stan. Perhaps he's a more than a little jealous of our new man DB ?

Darren Bent's record goes before him and you don't read about his private life all over the press do you Stan ?

It's not desperation as you call it Stan, it's a great piece of business by our owner Randy Lerner who isn't just our owner, HE IS A VILLA FAN !

He's also backing the manager to turn the squad around in his first transfer window in JANUARY !

Hes absolutely right!!!

Thats why bent/kev phillips/andy cole - all struggled at International. Good goalscorers - but not great footballers.

I couldn't give a monkey's minge about the England team mate.......

Villa matter to me, not them.

Siry_gary_cahill got so excited he ejaculated himself to death. RIP.

Hes absolutely right!!!

I couldn't give a monkey's minge about the England team mate.......

Villa matter to me, not them.

neither can I. Just pointing out that Collymores not far off the mark. And what we might gain with Bent (and tbf we do need it), we might lose Emile's link up play or Gabby's hold up play.

I just think for 18-24m we sdhould be able to find someone who can do both