Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also saw somewhere on twitter that we could have had him for 10 mill when he went to Spurs but Oneill baulked at the price!(Signed Heskey instead) :/

:!:

Please tell me this is a near done deal, i cant take a day of nerves :?

Mirror reporting that Ancelotti is considering hijacking the deal.

Can't see Bent goingh there. Bent wants 90 mins a week..!

As usual the London bias press just trying to put a spanner in the works.

Bit like how they are jizzing over Pienaar to Spuds

Also saw somewhere on twitter that we could have had him for 10 mill when he went to Spurs but Oneill baulked at the price!(Signed Heskey instead) :/

:!:

Please tell me this is a near done deal, i cant take a day of nerves :?

Will be sorted today :!:

I don't believe a word you say. You make this shit up im telling ya. :winkold:

Exactly... the more I think about that link, the more I think that even if it is true he would choose us. He is a confidence player who thrives on his ego. If he goes to Chelsea he may well be in the same hole he was in at Spurs. At Villa he knows he is going to be played week in week out ( even if that meant as LB!) and if he hits the goals he will become a Holte hero. You can't put a price on that (but he will be getting paid £90k a week also!)

I think Villa would be his number one choice.

I couldn't believe this last night... I come home from work, stick Sky Sports News on and they gave the Pienaar deal more than double the coverage than the Bent deal. :angry:

I couldn't believe this last night... I come home from work, stick Sky Sports News on and they gave the Pienaar deal more than double the coverage than the Bent deal. :angry:

The only surprising thing here is that you expected anything different.

You wont be able to get any other player for that money essentially almost guarantee 15+ league goals a season. Suarez for instance, he is being banded about for the same price yet has never set foot into the premiership, the last 4 or 5 big scorers from Holland who have moved here have done very little, from Durk Kuyt to Alfonso Alves(remember him).

I still wouldn't hesitate for a second to take Suarez instead of Bent.

You wont be able to get any other player for that money essentially almost guarantee 15+ league goals a season. Suarez for instance, he is being banded about for the same price yet has never set foot into the premiership, the last 4 or 5 big scorers from Holland who have moved here have done very little, from Durk Kuyt to Alfonso Alves(remember him).

i would, Suarez isn't proven in the league, plus the fact he's a dirty cheating bastard.

People keep talking about the money but with Sidwell and very likely Carew off the wage bill we've more than covered his wages. The initial transfer fee is pretty much covered by James Milner and the £3m ish we'll get for JC will cover the majority of the add ons. Its not like we've had to remortgage the stadium to pay for him is it.

I would. Suarez has no more than the potential to be a great goalscorer in the prem. Bent already is one.