Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

Just having a browse on twitter and came across this, not sure if its been posted but...

Scotty_0910 Daniel

@DB11TT by the way, I was the fan that insulted that leathery monkey of a mother you've got

What absolute scum, no wonder he wants out of there.

Racist, knuckledragging scum. This should be posted on the Sunderland and Newcastle boards just to remind them that they ain't so perfect. Truly pathetic.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really glad that Houllier has gone for Darren Bent, I was never worried that we'd lose our British core, but the amount of good English/ British players in our team makes me proud!

Bent (soon), Heskey, Gabby, Fonz, Albrighton, Downing, A Young, Gardner, Bannan, Ireland, Reo-Coker, Delph, L Young, Warnock (booo), Dunne, Clark, Collins, Walker (come onnnn)

Even if we do sell Warnock/ L Young/ Ireland, we still have a great British base to build on.

I hope Bent & Makoun signing shows Ash that we mean business, and he signs a contract extension!

Just having a browse on twitter and came across this, not sure if its been posted but...

Scotty_0910 Daniel

@DB11TT by the way, I was the fan that insulted that leathery monkey of a mother you've got

What absolute scum, no wonder he wants out of there.

jesus christ, cant he get done for that?

If he doesn't get done legally then I hope a viral campaign against him will show him that there's no place in society for racist bastards like him.

I would say 'welcome to Birmingham Mrs Bent'... but I would imagine he's planning to move everyone (plus himself) to London and travel up.

Does Bent often get racist abuse?

He was not amused over the abuse his Mum was subjected to and apparently his car has been attacked as well.

Not sure if this was the Toon Army or Smoggies.... but rumour has it - it was Sunderland fans. (scratches head as to exactly why?)

Absolutely delighted at this signing just hope the manager has what it takes to mould these new signings into a winning team.

At the end of the day it does matter whether we buys players for 18mil or 18p its the managers tactics thats going to determine our future. But this is a great sign of intent and has brought me a great deal more optimism.

Thanks Randy for digging deep

Though I agree that we'll need to make sure we utilise him correctly; he is a great goal poacher and has consistently shown that he can get into good goal-scoring positions.

The amount of times we've hit the post, crossbar or scuffed shots infront of goal this season is ridiculous. We're easily capable of creating 5 or 6 good chances a game, if Bent can finish 1/3 of the chances he gets we'll be laughing!

(Providing we play him upfront :winkold:)

I'm really looking forward to the next few days of news and I'm looking forward to the game this weekend!!!

As if we could see a side with Walker, Makoun & Bent all in Villa shirts!

(I know that Walker has already played for us.. but I still find it exciting watching him on the wing with Super Marc).

Absolutely this.

Darren Bent scores so many goals purely and simply because Darren Bent has the uncanny knack of being in the right place. So he misses a few.......well, I think it was Bobby Charlton who once said that he took a shot whenever he had the chance, irrelevant of whether he scored or not. The fact was some would go in and those were what the fans remembered.

DB will have plenty of opportunities here and he'll miss his fair share like they all do.....but he'll get his fair share too, be sure of that.

it was one of the reasons he wants out not racism but abuse his car got badly damaged a few months ago while he was shopping in newcastle and he put a comment up on twitter lately and the abuse he was getting from sunderland fans I think it eas in reference to comments on internet forums could be wrong on that one but his car was def vandalised

Still slightly suprised if this happens as Sunderland have less strikers than we do, if Bent leaves they will only have Gyan as their recognised forward with Welbeck on loan from Man.u.

but then they have money for a player who was subject to racist abuse, his car being bricked and repetitive slagging off on a message board when he's one of the most prolific strikers in the Premier League. It's a good deal both ways as he handed in a transfer request in August too.

Absolutely disgraceful, but I would like to think it's only a tiny minority of Sunderland fans who are so idiotically racist. I agree Birmingham is more diverse but there's plenty of racism here, hell it's everywhere you go, and unfortunately I've witnessed fellow Villa fans voice their bigoted opinions too.

I love the Mail Online story, at one point they refer to "Bent's betrayal". We don't know why he wants to leave. If he is unsettled, what should he do? Stay there and under-perform? He's earning their club a lot of money by switching and footballers are mercenaries, as are managers and most other staff members. If he'd decided to leave and they weren't getting anything for him or he was leaving them in a terrible position then maybe, but they're pushing for Europe this season for Christ's sake, it's not a betrayal anymore than if a bigger newspaper came sniffing around that Journalist and he decided to leave for a better job with more money, it's a career for these guys. Ridiculous.

Sorry if it's been posted before, I'm referring to this if anyone's interested:

http://aggbot.com/link.php?id=12229410&r=tw&c=36

I just hope that VP is packed to the rafters on saturday and we make the players know were in it together, im chuffed with bent as he scores goal and thats what we need, if he comes and does as he has everywhere else this will help our defense go back to being solid, our lack of goals have not help them as if you dont score you are always likely to conceed, i just hope that ash now signs the contract and we get our ash back from 18 months ago, you don't win young player of the year for no reson, also that team posted earlier is frightening, lets hope SI wakes up in the morning and decides that he wants to be here and starts to show the talent we all know he has.

Also if we had bent on sunday there would be know way he'd have skied that gabby chance in the 1st minute, hopefully this signing gives gabby the kick up the ass he needs.

My team for saturday

Brad(Snr)

Walker Collins Dunne Clark

Reo-Coker

Albie Makoon Downing

A.young

D.Bent