Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

Pires was too busy being a clearing in the woods this week on french radio to be actually working hard in training.
our manager is always a word removed in the English press, so whats the differance??

not always. he said some nice things today about hodgson

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sack, and get this guy in!

David Moyes considers his options as Everton's money troubles bite hard

David Moyes is considering leaving Everton this summer following a meeting in which he was informed that the club could not even afford to pay for loan signings.

Clicky

My main problem, is that if we take the worst case scenario of us needing at least a point against Liverpool on the final day, who here would actually be confident of GH getting us that given his affections for them? Im not suggesting he'd lose deliberately, but I'd imagine a lot of hatred and anger if it was a result like that that puts us down.

As previous posters have already commented, to stay in the division shouldn't be seen as either a) a successful season or B) an achievement. We are Aston Villa FC. We don't have a divine right to anything, but to take a team from 6th to 3rd bottom within the space of 6 months is disgusting. Essentially he's come in and tried to fix what wasn't really broken. I hope the January window see's us bring in some of GH's players so then we can at least see what he's capable of.

At the moment Im not confident of us getting a win in any match at the moment (I know that sounds unbelievably pessimistic), but the way we're playing and the lack of passion and confidence from the players is completely detrimental to our current situation. With that in mind, I think whether GH is here for much longer or not, its going to be a long harder season than any of us could ever have imagined once MON threw his toys out of the pram.

I think that pretty much sums up my opinion of where we are.

My main problem, is that if we take the worst case scenario of us needing at least a point against Liverpool on the final day, who here would actually be confident of GH getting us that given his affections for them? Im not suggesting he'd lose deliberately, but I'd imagine a lot of hatred and anger if it was a result like that that puts us down.

I wonder whether he might get called a 'criminal' in those circumstances? :winkold:

We have money to spend, just need to reduce wage bill. Get rid of the likes of carew, beye etc and Randy will open his chequebook as he did for Monny. But 80% of turnover being taken up by playing staff wages is not sustainable but the club can afford to spend money on transfers as its a one off. I think if a manager of the calibre of moyes came in, he would get serious money to spend but would need to be careful on wages.

We have money to spend, just need to reduce wage bill. Get rid of the likes of carew, beye etc and Randy will open his chequebook as he did for Monny. But 80% of turnover being taken up by playing staff wages is not sustainable but the club can afford to spend money on transfers as its a one off. I think if a manager of the calibre of moyes came in, he would get serious money to spend but would need to be careful on wages.

90k on Bridge wouldn't fit well.

90k on Bridge wouldn't fit well.

But it is short term to preserve our premier league status. Our new transfer policy is to sign young players who will improve, with a few experienced players in. We have an extra 6ish players this season in our squad as the young-uns are playing. So we can offload the trouble-makers/dead wood and gives us leeway to sign some experienced players on decent wages i.e. Makoun whilst also scouring the world for good young players i.e. fofana.

This obviously makes a change from signing over-priced/rated young english players who end up on large wages anyway. I am supportive of Randy's new policy but dont think it will mean we will not sign good experienced players.

But it is short term to preserve our premier league status.

How long is short term?

How do you justify to other players that they haven't helped 'preserve our premier league status'?

Sorry, it's nonsense in my book if we do go through with it.

still not a fan.

still fear we could go down

Its highly likely that 99% of people who wanted him out before todays game still do. A cup win against a poor Championship side wasn't going to make fans change their opinions of the manager.

What we/he needs to do is string a run of results together. Unfortunately I just don't think we will do that under Houllier and therefore if he stays will remain in the relegation mire all season.

Massive game next week that we could really do with winning especially when you consider Man City will be next up. We lose next week and I can see the vast majority of the minority that are backing him at the moment also wanting him out.

still not a fan.

still fear we could go down

Its highly likely that 99% of people who wanted him out before todays game still do. A cup win against a poor Championship side wasn't going to make fans change their opinions of the manager.

What we/he needs to do is string a run of results together. Unfortunately I just don't think we will do that under Houllier and therefore if he stays will remain in the relegation mire all season.

Massive game next week that we could really do with winning especially when you consider Man City will be next up. We lose next week and I can see the vast majority of the minority that are backing him at the moment also wanting him out.

Another loss to Small Heath and I'd struggle to find a reason to back him any longer, however I think I'd still think sacking him at this time would be the wrong thing to do.

Our next 5 games, We really need 7 points. very gettable too. Fulham (h), Wigan/SHA (a) and City, United..

Presuming the board stick with him, if we get that total, I'd probably turn towards sticking with him at least until the end of the season because we wouldn't be too far away from safety at that point, with a run of 10 games where we'd be able to pick up points.

Looking at our fixtures, I'm still finding it hard to see us get relegated although it's a clear possibility.

As long as we stay up, Houllier will be a success at Villa.

Too many of the O'Neill fan club still playing for him at the moment. The players are to blame more than anyone.

Some of the seniors should be ashamed that the youngsters are outshining them.

Â