Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

Regardless of the opposition today this is again something we can try to build on. It really is key now though that we go to Sha and get something and then again look to go from there by getting something against Man City. We have got in to a habit of one decent result followed by 2,3,4,5 poor ones and its not getting us anywhere as its one step forward then two, three or four steps back.

Lets build on this now but much like the 3-3 at Chelsea I'm not going to get carried away and still very much fall in the camp of wanting the manager gone asap. Having said that I'm going to enjoy winning and have a couple of beers which will go down a lot sweeter having won.

Another positive aside form the result today is that I am sure Houllier must have realised that Pires is not up to playing against any level of opposition anymore and should never wear our great shirt again.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's quite obvious that losing to a championship side would upset people more than beating a championship side would cheer them up.

Conversely, beating say manure would cheer people up a lot more than losing to manure would depress them.

I think it's quite obvious that losing to a championship side would upset people more than beating a championship side would cheer them up.

Conversely, beating say manure would cheer people up a lot more than losing to manure would depress them.

That is true but after a win, any win at this moment, of course we don't need to be 'GET THE **** IN' sort of mood but certainly comments like 'this just shows if we get relegated, we'll make the play off's' type comments. It's just pointless and looking for a reaction.

If people aren't bothered like they say they aren't, why feel the need to comment at all.

Playing Pires from the start, whilst Ireland is not even on the bench says to me that his ego is starting to take over his tactical decisions. Pires was meant to be for helping with training and for backup when we needed someone experienced to calm things down.. To start him is a terrible decision, and when you consider than Ireland (who is apparently to be given more of a chance now) is not even in the squad... well, that's just ludicrous.

Playing Pires from the start, whilst Ireland is not even on the bench says to me that his ego is starting to take over his tactical decisions. Pires was meant to be for helping with training and for backup when we needed someone experienced to calm things down.. To start him is a terrible decision, and when you consider than Ireland (who is apparently to be given more of a chance now) is not even in the squad... well, that's just ludicrous.

Perhaps Pires trained like a demon this week, whilst Ireland stood around admiring his car?

Pires was too busy being a clearing in the woods this week on french radio to be actually working hard in training.
our manager is always a word removed in the English press, so whats the differance??

None. But to remove Pires will only cost £400000 to sack now whereas the manager has been backed and will cost £8m to remove. Dont need a tosser like him at our club.

Could somebody please point Napoleon to the basic fact that, Gabby is not a left winger?

He didnt play on the wing today

He was always drifting out wide. When Ashley got sent off, he was still going wide left.

Just keep him in the middle.

Gabby has a tendency to do that. I didn't see the game though so I can't comment on what he did today.

Could somebody please point Napoleon to the basic fact that, Gabby is not a left winger?

He was always drifting out wide. When Ashley got sent off, he was still going wide left.

Surely you can see with Ash off why he drifted out?

Surely you can see with Ash off why he drifted out?

Ash needs to be the one to stay out there, with Gabby staying central. I can see the merits in ht hes trying, but for me, Gabby far more effective turning the centre backs, and Ashley going at the fulback.

Just my opinion though.

BTW, Kevin Cage, supplying us witth Chilli on the house. Real star 8)

Well at least we have played well in 2 of our last 3 games. No matter how Wednesdays game was (dire i know), we were not totally outplayed in that either so maybe we are seeing some kind of small recovery.

Well at least we have played well in 2 of our last 3 games. No matter how Wednesdays game was (dire i know), we were not totally outplayed in that either so maybe we are seeing some kind of small recovery.

I hope you are right. I thought we were quite poor today and the scoreline flattered us, but I will take a win anyway it comes and if it increases the players feeble confidence enough to get something out of the Blues game then it has to be a positive.

Â