Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

Steve Umbrella McClaren.

I would rather go down with Houllier than listen to that clown's faux pas of a English/German/Dutch/Brummy accent if he came here, think I would rather have Hitzlsperger as manager

Just becosh he ish enjoying the shmoke and pancakes alsho ?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houllier isnt the answer but no way is Mon either. Mon is very much part of the problem we are in now, the shit he left us with.

If Mon had an ounce of honour in him he would offer to help us out of the crisis and be a stop gap manager till the end of the season (which is never going to happen in a million years), though nothing more. The future of AVFC is not Mon IMO.

I did think on paper that maybe Houllier was the best of a bad bunch, I'm starting to think DOL wasnt that bad :?. The problem for me is I don't really know who is the answer and who we would get, perhaps the best we could get is to stagnate under Mon but I dont want to accept that.

I noticed at the spurs game - that GH doesn't even acknowledge the players when they come to the touchline - or are leaving the pitch at half time \ full time.

Seems he doesn't say a lot to the players at any time - some reports are that post match post mortems are held by the players alone......is GH really a manager at all ?...or are we already managerless ?

I noticed at the spurs game - that GH doesn't even acknowledge the players when they come to the touchline - or are leaving the pitch at half time \ full time.

Seems he doesn't say a lot to the players at any time - some reports are that post match post mortems are held by the players alone......is GH really a manager at all ?...or are we already managerless ?

This is definitely another point that sways my judgement, I hate managers that sit there and wonder what they have got for tea that night.

One thing I loved about Mon was his touchline antics, one of his best moments was definitely telling Young he was a genius. You could see the fire transferred from player to manager at times.

Now to go from that to what we have now is probably leaving a lot of players a little unsure to say the least. I think players under Mon new exactly what there job was and what they were supposed to do, they dont look like that under houllier and he only ever talks to himself down there.

Have you thought about writing novels?

I'd rather we got relegated then have to put up with Fat Sams brand of football.

Amen

Ronald Koeman.

Think you're a tad unfair on Big Sam, plays football to the quality of player he has got. We've hardly ever been an Arsenal or barcelona. Personally not much different to MON's football except MON had better players.Do you honestly think that if we appointed BFS instead of Houllier in September, we'd be in this mess?

So since Thursday morning, the vote has gone from 270/39 to 285/89. So in the last 29 hours we've had 50 (77%) votes in favour of backing him, as oppsed to 87% in favour of sacking him in the preceeding 10 hours. Very strange voting patterns.

I voted Sack Him

Negatives

Media - main point is a lot of this should have been behind closed doors.

On arrival say a position of 8th - 12th would be good enough.

Create a problem by critisicing out of form striker Carew, when Heskey and Agbog are both injured

Publicly criticise the clubs new £8million signing, who had admitted he was low on confidence and been playing out of position, with an injury.

Suggesting players should live in Birmingham - yet pay for a taxi for Robert Pires to commute from London and back.

Publicly criticising youngster Lichaj after one bad game, replacing him with what used to be a rival club Spurs' youngster - with less prem games experience.

Pissing off Senior players such as Richard Dunne and having the chief exec make you bring him back into the side.

Take your side to a poor Liverpool team, lose with no spirit, but have a lovely day in Liverpool.

Publicly criticise your top striker for being too bulky.... as you saw a video in france from 5 years ago!

Having your club captain publicly suggest you act like a grown man and patch up differences with Senior players.

Comment on damage limitation until February as "we always knew we had tough games up until then" - the games are:

Blues Away - won last year

Man City Home - Drew last year

Wigan Away - Won last year

Man Utd Away - Won last year

Transfers

Not great yet - but has now taken our once attractable top table club to the bottom 3. Will we now have to start again by signing the lies of Harewoods and Knights? Seems that way with the loans coming in.

Selection =Baffling

Tried to change things to quickly - could be done at City but not Villa. For the the short term he should have continued with the squads strengths until the summer, prime example...... the team had one of the best away records for two seasons playing counter attack. Slow the play down too much = 1 away win.

Playing Young and Ireland as strikers V Bolton (when Carew sits at home and Delfounso on the bench)

Replace the new signing for not working hard enough with Robert Pires - Starting him against Arsenal subbing him off at half time.

Starting Delph (been out for 14 months hasn't been seen against since as injured) and Hogg against Spurs in the Midfield - with Coker and Petrov on the bench and Ireland sitting at home.

Agbog on the left wing ??

Funny how we have now gone back to Cueller at RB after all of MONs critics

Positives

Always going to be a hard season - to be honest I always thought we would finish between 8th - 10th.

A lot of injuries (due to new coaching methods?). had to play kids in some games - however some senior players not picked due to arguements.

New Scouting Network in place - linked with overseas youngsters - no signings yet though - could be good.

Carew had been rubbish for a while now.

Dunne was out of form and over-weight, however the arguements were allegedly over him being asked to do the Captains duties when the 3 cappos are 1)Petrov 2)Coker 3)Young

Feel free to add any other ones that spring to mind......

I voted to get rid after the disappointment of the Sunderland match.

Thinking about it now, we need to either be behind him for the rest of the season and take what it brings or get rid now.

Thinking about how everyone raves about Moyes. It was only a couple of seasons ago I think it was that they were in our predicament but then went on a fantastic 2nd half of the season and finished top 6.

We are 4 wins off top 6 and with the way results are going this year, there is no reason that with 17 games remaining, we couldn't have a good run and rocket up the table. Players are back from injury, we are at the start of a transfer window so maybe lets just have a bit of faith in the club.

(don't worry, I have just put the drugs down)

Â