Trainer snobbery

trimandson

Good or bad?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Good or bad?

• Good
    • Bad

Own a pair of Umbros for 5 a side, nothing special.

Nike pair for general running/tennis/squash/whatever.

Pair of Kangaroos for hockey.

Other than that I don't wear trainers as such. Own a very nice pair of Merrell shoes (or is it Merrill, not sure), so comfortable, brilliant shoes, pair of sketchers, same as the Merrills comfort wise and got a knackered old pair of Converse which are quite nice but would only wear them to be scruffy or with shorts as none of my others really go with shorts and I wear shorts a lot in summer.

Don't buy into the whole trainer snobbery thing really, but having said that if I had the money some classic adidas trainers would probably be added to the collection.

have 4 pairs but i am a size 6 so i get bargains as that seems to be the size all places have left !!!. the last pair i bought were lacoste , size 6 , only one left ...20 quidders !!!. Also have pair of Samba, reebok and henri lloyd. In the past have had some corkers.....remember nike omega ( red, orange yellow ) puma G vilas , adidas all black ( with the cricket pad tongues ) adidas adicolor where you coloured the stripes yourself !! and adidas LA trainer which is back out !!!...oh i love my trainers...

For all those who work for the companies that make em, good, on the whole, apart from sweatshops. For those who buy em... Wear em when you're training, and wear shoes when you're not, or look a clearing in the woods. In my eyes, anyway. But then, it's been years since I've seen the adjective 'fashionable' as a compliment.

I agree with the footwear for a purpose thing. At last count I have around 30 pairs of footwear (ie shoes, trainers, boots). Love ´em and would buy more. Trainer snobbery isn´t really an issue with me cos i hate the keep up with the jones´ crap that happens. But a good pair of kicks can be sooo tempting.

For all those who work for the companies that make em, good, on the whole, apart from sweatshops. For those who buy em... Wear em when you're training, and wear shoes when you're not, or look a clearing in the woods. In my eyes, anyway. But then, it's been years since I've seen the adjective 'fashionable' as a compliment.

What about with shorts, do I have to wear shoes even if I'm not training?!

You iews a bit black and white isn't it? Trainers are comfortable!

Â