Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

Having plenty of 3am finishes - lucky I'm on holidays.

Just finished the Red Eagle and Molag Bal quests - excellent stuff.

Just a quick question - if one decides to join the legion or the stormcloaks does it affect the attitude of NPCs towards your character - ie Stormcloak sympathisers refuse to talk to you or vice versa. And what about if you are Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood?

I'd hate to miss out on quests because the NPCs don't trust or like me.

If you're playing a 'good' character you can refuse the Dark Brotherhood and actually start a quest wherein you eradicate them. Not many people seem to know that, but just go on and do the Dark Brotherhood regardless of how they're played their char. Of course, some people taking their role playing really seriously in games like, I don't really, so it didn't really bother me that my basically 'good' character was all of a sudden a cold murderer.

As for changes from NPCs towards your character - the only real difference you'll notice is quest specific things being said by them, anf folks referring to you being in some guild or other. Some guards will infer they know of your 'secret' when you've joined the Dark Brotherhood, for example.

The war quest though, I don't really know. I've not started either of them, and have got the two quests that allow you to join either to do. I haven't played the game for a good week or so though, back into Mass Effect at the mo in anticipation of ME3

Anybody else had the glitch in Valthume? Basically, im 95% of the way through the dungeon and im at one of those doors thaqt you have to open with a claw. When i first got there, none of the rings with the symbols on would move when i clicked on them. So i saved the game and reloaded. Doing this solved that problem, but when i moved them into the right order i tried to open the door and it wont open. The symbols are definitely in the correct order but it still wont open. :angry:

Pissed off because theres a dragon priest and a word of power on the other side of that door. Done a search online and alot of people have had this issue and it seems to only affect the 360 version.

I had one of those glitches in a dungeon once. As I am a member of the glorious PC gaming master race, I just noclipped through the door and carried on playing. ro92I.gif

Anybody else had the glitch in Valthume? Basically, im 95% of the way through the dungeon and im at one of those doors thaqt you have to open with a claw. When i first got there, none of the rings with the symbols on would move when i clicked on them. So i saved the game and reloaded. Doing this solved that problem, but when i moved them into the right order i tried to open the door and it wont open. The symbols are definitely in the correct order but it still wont open. :angry:

Pissed off because theres a dragon priest and a word of power on the other side of that door. Done a search online and alot of people have had this issue and it seems to only affect the 360 version.

Just did this quest last night - did you put the claw in the middle as well?

That thing with the claw not working happens to me in a dungeon near Windhelm, Yngol Barrow I think it's called. Fortunately that's only a misc quest, so I'm not all that bothered about missing what's on the other side

Pity - that Valthume boss fight was epic.

I am level 26 warrior dude and I had to use my sanguine rose dremora dude, a storm atronach scroll and every single healing potion in my inventory, even down to my last honey nut treat...

By the way, I performed my first decapitation yesterday. It was a special moment in my marauder-killing career.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out you can only get 80 perks max, man I wish I hadn't spunked some on lockpicking and heavy armour etc. Should have enough to achieve the desired level of bad-assery though.

Recently developed an unquenchable thirst for smithing. That dragonscale armour will soon be mine :clap:

55 hours in, level 31. This game is amazing. FUS RO DAH

I only just figured how to unlock new shouts. Been waiting for some great breakthrough in the main quests that would allow me to use all the new shouts when it turns out I just had to press square in the shouts menu to unlock it with one of my dragon souls. D'oh!

Had an elder dragon drop into the forecourt of the mage college on me last night. Half those bad-ass mages ran around squealing like little girls.

Also had this happen last night:

I complete the task for Marise the meat-vendor in Riften. She thanks me and pays me with a Spell tome I already have and five pheasant breasts - gee thanks very much.

Anyway I realize I already have the spell for the tome she gives me so I drop it on the ground. Straight away Mjoll the Lioness comes sprinting over saying "If you don't want it I'll have it" or words to that effect, to which Marise says something like "I saw it first, it's mine". Marise produces an iron dagger and Mjoll, being the protector of Riften and guardian of all that is good and moral in the town, whips out her battle-axe and hacks poor Marise down with two deft strokes.

Then she walks off with her little yes-man Aerin in tow, leaving the book lying untouched on the ground! I guess it was the principle of the matter then...

Anyway, ever the opportunist I walk over and pick Marise's corpse clean of goodies then, two minutes later I get accosted by the courier handing me a note about an inheritance which, as it turns out advises me that my friend Marise the meat vendor has died and left me 100 gold. Apparently the Jarl sympathises with my loss....

Â