Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

Wtf. I need to talk to Ulfric to get the two sides to agree to a peace treaty but the game just will not let me talk to Ulfric. He keeps saying why am I here and not out talking to galmur. So I talk to Galmur and he says I can't believe you got the two sides to talk and I just yell at my tv I DIDN'T DO THAT! It's so frustrating cause I can't advance in the story.

Fought one of those big bastard Dwarven Centurions yesterday. I **** knew it would come to life as well, creepy as ****. Took about 4 attempts to kill the bastard, in the end I resorted to running around him in a circle, occasionally firing arrows at him whilst sobbing like a girl. Took about 30 minutes.

My first encounter with one of those came out of nowhere. The quest I was on had sent me into a Falmer dungeon, which I'd cleared it with little issue, when the last room turned out to be an area of Dwemer ruin, with a high level Falmer chief in it (who got arrowed from the shadows to death). Then that bastard sparks to life.

Nailed me twice and sent my life bar plummeting. I spent the next 10 minutes hiding behind a pillar in the room as he tried to get me, occasionally popping out to lamp him with my mace after he did his little steam attack.

Tense.

Fought one of those big bastard Dwarven Centurions yesterday. I **** knew it would come to life as well, creepy as ****. Took about 4 attempts to kill the bastard, in the end I resorted to running around him in a circle, occasionally firing arrows at him whilst sobbing like a girl. Took about 30 minutes.

Haha those things do nothing to me. My armor rating is over 1000 and my sword is over 300 currently. I can two hit Giants and those Centurions are not scary to me anymore. I am INVINCIBLE! except **** mages somehow always get my health low

I have no idea how to enchant weapons and gear, can anyone explain the basic mechanics? I've got about 50 grand soul gems sat in a Breezehome cupboard doing nothing and I get the feeling that by now I should be doing something with 'em.

Haha those things do nothing to me. My armor rating is over 1000 and my sword is over 300 currently. I can two hit Giants and those Centurions are not scary to me anymore. I am INVINCIBLE! except **** mages somehow always get my health low

I am starting to think destruction magic is overpowered. Dwarven Centurions are a cakewalk, as are trolls which people seem to complain about too. As a mage, of you can stay away from something then you will kill it. I'd still say the hardest enemy in the game for me is the Dwarven Sphere, but now I can summon things to keep the Sphere at range while I cast the hammer of dawn on it.

I have no idea how to enchant weapons and gear, can anyone explain the basic mechanics? I've got about 50 grand soul gems sat in a Breezehome cupboard doing nothing and I get the feeling that by now I should be doing something with 'em.

You learn enchants by disenchanting stuff. Take any enchanted item you found or looted to an Arcane Enchanter (there is one in the wizard's room Dragonsreach, near your house if you own Breezehome) and then you can use those enchants on gear you have. You enchant that in much the same way, use an Arcane Enchanter, select the item, select the enchant you want to put on it (available ones will be white, unavailable ones will be grey) and then you "pay" for the enchant with a soul gem. You need to trap the soul of something in a gem first though, most soul gems you get are empty. The tooltip will tell you if it is full and what is in it. You can claim souls by casting soul tap on something before it dies or enchanting a weapon with soul tap. If you are a lazy or forgetful man and you have a follower then give your follower all your soul gems and a weapon enchanted with soul tap. They will do the rest for you.

Daedric weapons for the win.

I have a certain amulet you get from a quest which boosts all your stats (veterans will know which quest) and IT's EPIC.

means I can re-enchant all my armour to regeneration of magika (I am redguard to health and stamina are not an issue anymore).

I have two weapons from daedra which really help. I want more though. In oblivion I was kitted out in daedric armour, weapons and amulets. I NEED MOOOOOORE!

Ah, so when it says "destroy" a weapon to learn it's enchantment, you don't actually lose the weapon itself? 'Cause the wording threw me a bit, thought I'd have to sacrifice Bolar's ass-whupping oathblade all for the sake of learning the magical perk.

Ah, so when it says "destroy" a weapon to learn it's enchantment, you don't actually lose the weapon itself

You do lose it, the item is destroyed in the process. Usefull for getting rid of loot that youre not gonna use or are planning on selling. For example i use light armour, so when i pick up an enchanted piece of heavy armour i just disenchant it and its gone.

I only started enchanting stuff recently myself, and have really gotten into it. I've spent my last 4 or so level ups on the first enchanting perk to make them stronger by 20%, and Enchanting itself is up to 72 now I think. Very useful thing to start doing, as I've mentioned in the thread before, I was getting whupped by strong magic users, so have enchnated my strongest armour with magic resistance and it's made a huge difference.

Aswell as that I've enchanted rings, circlets and necklaces with 15%-20%+ for things like pickpocketing, archery, alcemy, smithing and the like, so whenever I'm doing on of those things I put all the stuff on and get fantastic results.

Started the Forbidden Legend quest the other day, and did the 2nd dungeon yesterday - Saarthal, which also meant I could do the 2nd Mages Guild quest which is there at the same time. Think I'm going to finish that quest line next, then Theives Guild, then hit the main quest again.

Also - how many people here are playing on PS3? I know Designer1 is, but not sure about anyone else. I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm extremely lucky in regard to the reported problems with lag/frame rate issues, or that the people who are having problems are just alot more vocal about them than those that aren't. Approaching 80 hours now, and the game is still running very well. I wondered if that's because I'm playing on a 320GB slim which is only about 6 months old, but apparently others with new PS3s are having problems too.

One thing I heard about lag on the PS3 version is that if you are suffering with it in your game then make your character go to sleep for a month or so. One of the biggest causes of lag is the game trying to remember where everything in the world is, and every time you move something it adds to the list of things the game is trying to remember. This causes a problem on PS3 because it only has 256mb of RAM (the 360 had 512, PCs can have ten times that) but if you do nothing for an in game month then a lot of things you disturbed in the world will revert to their default positions. In theory, this should reduce lag.

So basically don't touch anything and you'll be awwwrite~

Funny though, as the game tends to move things on its own. I walked into my house in Markarth once and it looked like the place had been turned upsidedown. Junk tossed everywhere. Wifey just sat there at the table like nothing had happened. Even my bookshelf was completely trashed, and she knows how much I love those books. By god I was this close to striking my her...luckily for her the place was tidy the next time I came in...

Worry that I am too into this game at times :P

Get the 100 Enchanting skill and you can put two enchantments on an item for the cost of one soul gem - use The Black Star for effectively unlimited grand souls - and the game becomes a cake-walk.

I made:

+62%mana regen, +62 mana helm;

+40%1-handed, +37 carry gauntlets;

+40%1-Handed,+20%Magic resist ring;

+40%1-handed,+20%magic resist necklace;

+40%1-handed +37 carry boots;

+20%magic resist +62HP shield;

+62HP +25 Heavy Armour skill body piece;

weapons with +fire and soultap etc.

..and back-up items with more +37 carry for the trip home!

I went Breton so get a bonus +25 magic resist on top.

Loot all the low weight hats, clothes, weapons and blow lots of soul gems making crap - you get OK cash back selling the newly-made junk, buy up soul gems if you are running low until you get to 100 enchanting.

Edit: Oh and you cannot put an enchantment on top of an already enchanted item, it has to be virgin so horde the top plain items. You get to pick two enchantments and they cannot be the same (I haven't found out how to do it, if you can).

Yeah. I opened a can of whoopass on a dungeon earlier and ended up with three complete sets of Glass Armour from the guards inside. I enchanted one as best as I could to wear now, but the other two are sitting in my house waiting for me to get 100 enchanting.

I have decided to skill up my enchanting somewhat (currently 75 ish) by giving my companion a load of empty soul gems and a weapon which will collect souls when she hits people with it. Then I will buy a load of shitty weapons like iron daggers off the guy who owns the shop next door to Breezehome, enchant them all, then sell them back at a profit. Doing that should carry me to 100.

Â