66 members have voted

1. 1. The Euro, survive or die?

• Survive
    • Dead by Christmas 2010
    • Dead by Easter 2011
    • Dead by summer 2011
    • Dead by Christmas 2011
    • Survive in a different form

Even though their numbers are way down, it still baffles me that nearly 1 in 6 people still voted for those bastards. I can only deduce that, statistically, (at least) 1 in 6 people are idiots.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine Gael leader Enda Kenny has said he will try to re-negotiate the terms of the 85bn-euro (£72bn) bail-out.

Where do Irish Labour stand on this? If they're not keen on telling the ECB to hoop it then might Gerry the bastard and his terrorist chums might end up in coalition with FG?

Fine Gael leader Enda Kenny has said he will try to re-negotiate the terms of the 85bn-euro (£72bn) bail-out.

Where do Irish Labour stand on this? If they're not keen on telling the ECB to hoop it then might Gerry the bastard and his terrorist chums might end up in coalition with FG?

That just will not happen.

Sinn Fein will never get into government in Republis and if they ever do im sure many of us will be long gone from the earth.

Labour want to renegotiate as well with ECB/IMF while i think Shinners policy would be to default the debt

Swapping one gombeen centre-right governing party for another really, FG are the mirror image of FF. I am hoping against hope FG and Lab prove to be incompatible when it comes to coalition talks and FG offer FF a bone to support them in power. Then at last we can have a proper left-right divide with Lab, SF, the Indo's and the ULA ripping these jokers apart.

It would be interesting to see how many of its policies SF would actually implement if in power, it is very easy for them to tell all these tall tales when they know well they will never be in power to see them out.

You could say that about FF,Fg,lab as well

It would be interesting to see how many of its policies SF would actually implement if in power, it is very easy for them to tell all these tall tales when they know well they will never be in power to see them out.

You could say that about FF,Fg,lab as well

Not really as all those parties could and would be found out if or when elected into power, SF will never be in power in this country and they know it themselves so they can have as much fairytales in their manifesto as they want without ever being called up on it.

Not five years ago people were saying the same about the libdems in the UK, they could make whatever promises they wanted as they would never have to deliver on them.

Well if Gerry and his (newly acquired?) film star teeth were to form part of a Government in the Republic then at least it would give Gaddafi somewhere to claim asylum.

I met Enda a couple of weeks after he had succeeded Noonan as the party leader. Needless to say he didn't inspire me with much confidence. At first he was well spoken and well presented about a dozen jars and handshakes later he had lost his jacket, his tie, his hair was a ruffled mess and he was utterly incoherent. At that moment I knew he would be the ideal figurehead for the country.

Sinn Fein will never get into government in Republis and if they ever do im sure many of us will be long gone from the earth.

Labour want to renegotiate as well with ECB/IMF while i think Shinners policy would be to default the debt

Never is a long time.

They'll be tainted goods to many down south -even now.

But the challenge for them is to present themselves as credible, leftwing opposition over the next 4/5 years and move away from Tiocfaidh ár lá / slogan politics.

Whatever else he's been, Gerry Adams has been one of the most effective politicians these islands has produced, even if he and his mates just don't ring true quite often. As Peter Robinson said a few years back: "You can give a terrorist a suit and a mobile phone - he's still a terrorist."

Don't want to delve into that whole hornets nest, but what I will say is that with the benefit of time, the events of the late 60's-80's in the North will be less relevant to the majority of voters in the south. Candidates like Mary Lou McDonald and Pearse Doherty seem like able, respectable politicians in their own right and are probably the future of SF. One of them as party leader - if they prove their credentials vis a vis realpolitik- would possibly be more palatable to voters in the south than Adams, and could lead to a scenario where the main parties can't continue to overlook them when it comes to coalitions and so forth.

It can't be ignored either that both FF and FG are a product of the painful birth pangs of the Irish Free State - after armed struggle. Before they too felt the conditions were right to go the route of the ballotbox.

Â