VT Player of the Month for October

blandy

By Paddy

Villatalk is pleased to reveal Brad Friedel as their player of the month for October. Brad narrowly edged Ciaran Clark into second place.

In a close run contest Brad picked up 203 points based on votes from VT members after each game. The points are weighted depending on the result. Brad won mainly thanks to his man of the match performance against Burnley, which was the only match to receive a triple rating as it was the only win of the month.

Ciaran was just ten points behind after strong performances against Burnley and Small Heath. A particularly good show considering he played in only three of the five games played last month - and one of those wasn't in what everyone believed to be his strongest position. So congratulations to him also. Long may it continue.

For the record Nigel Reo-Coker was a very close third with 190 points after featuring in all five of October’s fixtures with Stewart Downing the only other player to get more than a hundred points on 161.

Interesting that Ashley Young doesn't feature.

He is one of our best players and has played very well all month. We would have looked much the poorer without him.

I think it may be a case that people have very high expectations of him and would only mark him as MOTM if he was exceptional.

Clark and NRC have probably benefited from exceeding lower expectations.

Is this a flaw in the methodology?

Yeah, people (including me) take him for granted. But he's been good lately I think. Just possibly not MOTM performances. He got 22 points if you're interested. Which puts him in 9th. I'm sure if you watched him for a whole game (just him) you'd see how much work he puts in and all the good stuff he does.

He is one of our best players and has played very well all month. We would have looked much the poorer without him.

I think it may be a case that people have very high expectations of him and would only mark him as MOTM if he was exceptional.

What about the fact he's an attacking player and we've scored **** all goals. You crack me up.

Kiwi Villan has a point. He's meant to assist goals but he isn't and he's wasting our set pieces. Not a slight against Ash, but he's better than this.

Kiwi Villan has a point. He's meant to assist goals but he isn't and he's wasting our set pieces. Not a slight against Ash, but he's better than this.

Dont think its entirely his fault, i remember the game against burnley he could have had 4 assists and should have had at least 2 instead of the 1 picked up.

Â