General Krulak pt 4 - Q & A (No transfer Questions)

blandy

...it is not up to the owner or the Board to pick players...not if you want an effective team, you need to let the Manager pick his players

General does that include letting a manager pick and chose who stays at the club and who leaves?

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. jack_bauer87: I have no idea where you got your information but you are wrong. The deal was absolutely something that MON was intimately involved with.

General, do you think that in hindsight, the giving of power to MOn and the eventual taking away caused the toys to be thrown out of the pram? I still think the Milner deal was good business. He is a miss, but was never a 16m plus 8m Ireland player. Plus he wanted out, so in my opinion, not worth having. Sames goes with the manager, if you want to run a club from top to bottom, go and buy one i say.

I hope GH will be given that cash to spend a bit of it across the pond.

4. jack_bauer87: I have no idea where you got your information but you are wrong. The deal was absolutely something that MON was intimately involved with.

General, do you think that in hindsight, the giving of power to MOn and the eventual taking away caused the toys to be thrown out of the pram? I still think the Milner deal was good business. He is a miss, but was never a 16m plus 8m Ireland player. Plus he wanted out, so in my opinion, not worth having. Sames goes with the manager, if you want to run a club from top to bottom, go and buy one i say.

I hope GH will be given that cash to spend a bit of it across the pond.

Hi General, I think JB87's original post has possibly been mis-interpreted at best, you state that MON was intimately involved in this deal, now correct me if i'm wrong but MON left the club on 9th August, James Milner played for the club on 14th August is this to say that MON still had dealings in transfers at a club he was no longer managing, presumably not? Therefore, JB87's question still stands, without a manager in place at the time of this deal being completed who was responsible for/sanctioned it?

Many thanks. Apologies for covering old ground, but I don't feel a satisfactory answer has been given regarding this matter.

It is possible such a massive deal was agreed/sanctioned/in place a week or so earlier (whilst MON was still at the club). I don't understand why this is so hard for some to understand. Yes, The General hasn't told us this was the case though, so we've left the question - but please don't enter debate with other posters in this thread. Ta. The Mods

General Krulak here:

1. brommy: I am not sure why it is so hard for some to understand...but they seem to be having difficulty. I have said in every way I can that MON was intimately involved in the deal...the fact that Milner played on such and such a date doesn't impact on the deal that was made.

2. Look, I am getting out of the transfer, sales, deal business on this site. That has been a parameter since I began. It is an absolute lose-lose for me to get into discussions on those topics....I am either accused of PR, dodging questions, or any other number of "sins." Finally, every so often what I say makes the media. It just isn't a smart thing to do. I have answered the questions...take it or leave it...I cannot be expected to answer the same question multiple times until it suits everyone.

3. The answer on the kit is as follows: 1) The home shirt will last for this season only. 2) The current away shirt will be our 3rd shirt next year...so it will last for two years. 3) We will have a new away shirt next season along with the home shirt.

1. brommy: I am not sure why it is so hard for some to understand...but they seem to be having difficulty. I have said in every way I can that MON was intimately involved in the deal...the fact that Milner played on such and such a date doesn't impact on the deal that was made.

I presume this is a response to my question so thanks for that and I won't go into the matter any further. I would appreciate a more personal and less condescending response next time, as in from my personal viewpoint this is the first time I've questioned the matter and it does apparently seem this might be why to quote you 'it's so hard for some to understand'. Do hope that's ok?

General Krulak here:

1. mammoth10 and others: My comment about so hard to understand stands. I have answered the question, at least, 3 times. The deal was done...sanctioned (????) not even sure what that means...nor where it fits in the discussion. We had a deal...simple as that. I am not going to get into a debate on what rumors the media was pushing. Again, this is it for me...if you don't like my answer, I am sorry. It just isn't worth all the time I spend on these sites to continue to answer the same questions over and over again. :bang::bang::bang:

2. Look, I am getting out of the transfer, sales, deal business on this site. That has been a parameter since I began. It is an absolute lose-lose for me to get into discussions on those topics....I am either accused of PR, dodging questions, or any other number of "sins." Finally, every so often what I say makes the media. It just isn't a smart thing to do. I have answered the questions...take it or leave it...I cannot be expected to answer the same question multiple times until it suits everyone..
General as you like straight talking if this is in response to my question about a manager chosing who stays and who goes then I dont think you have answered it so in terms of take it or leave it, I'll leave it.

General,

Thanks for the update, I kind of already new it would be like that, but at least we know and have a choice. I appreciate that a contract is a contract and within said contract this occurance meant nike still got to make another kit.

Thats just business and now its up to us to cough up or or not.

Thanks for letting us know.

When are you next at Villa Park anyhow?

Oh and any news from the villa team about Paul Mcgrath, book signings etc

General, What is the reason behind the kit not rolling over and who are the fans getting shafted by....The club or Nike

Very dissappointed with this decision

Have to agree with this.

It was bad enough the club not releasing the kit until November (a shambles) but then saying the kit only lasts for this season is another kick in the teeth.

Does it sound a great deal for the fans to buy a kit (to wear in the winter!!!!) that will be out of date by the end of the season?

Massive PR gaffe here in my view. I can understand why we waited due to the sponsorship issues (and the extra money from that relative to what we would have made on kits) but then when the club had a chance to redeem itself it hasn't.

Let's hope we use that extra sponsorship money and the money obtained from the Milner transfer to finally buy (excluding the one we swapped) our first decent striker in about 4 years. That way, we might even score some goals! Wouldn't that be a reason to go to some games!!! 8)

Must echo other comments regarding the kit. I find it appalling that the club can expect the fans to pay £45 for a shirt that will only last 6-7 months. What i also find frustrating is that the club try to make out that they are doing it at a special price! Every other club sell their shirt for £45. I think the fans myself included, hoped that the club would show some guts and make Nike let us continue with the shirt for next season.

Alas this will obviously be the lowest selling replica shirt in football history! Better tell the club shops not to order too many, don't want the club to tell us that low shirt sales and the subsequent reduced price at the end of season have impacted the clubs efforts to bring in the star striker we've craved for 5 years

3. The answer on the kit is as follows: 1) The home shirt will last for this season only. 2) The current away shirt will be our 3rd shirt next year...so it will last for two years. 3) We will have a new away shirt next season along with the home shirt.

cheers for the answer general, my 8 year old has wanted the full kit, top sock's and shorts and seeing as that was gonna cost the best part of £70 and only be valid for 6 months, i shall leave it and will leave all future kits that are supplied by nike, they have well and truely shafted us. i bet arsenal and man utd didnt have this much trouble, oh and there kits were out at least a month before the season.

sadly it seems we are still a big club that likes to think small.

The kit situation is nothing short of a disgrace.

Nike have messed up, but probably covered themselves by focusing on the 'big' teams and associated profits. Villa have been miffed but probably got some compensation. The only people who have suffered are the fans who are expected to buy a kit for the full price despite being about 5 months late with the compensation being free printing which a lot of people don't want anyway. Should have been a third off the price of the shirts seeing as they're getting a third of the usage.

And I've yet to see us wear a third shirt in all the years we've been advertising them as such.

Can you please tell us in advance what the issue with next years kit will be as this seems to be a regular occurrence at Villa. New kit providers, new sponsors, faulty kits... next year maybe it could be that it needs to be delayed because the players don't want to be seen in the same tops as the fans....

I didn't ask the question but I'm glad you've informed us about the kit, Gen.

I don't see all the fuss personally. I will be getting the kit for Christmas and I will be buying next years kit. I think I will also buy the away kit this year as I do like the black top.

UTV

General Krulak here:

1. "sadly we are a big Club that likes to think small." Real nice comment...must make you feel good to say something like that.

2. I could write all day and try and explain all the ramifications surrounding the kit this year. I have tried very hard to keep all the fans up to date on what took place as it was taking place. It has NOT been a good news story at all. WE understand that fact. All I can say is that we have done the best we can with the legal issues involved. The decision to buy a kit this year is absolutely up to the Fans...to buy or not to buy is simply the choice of the Fans. The Club has done the best it could do in a very tough situation. I was asked to get an answer for the Fans and I have done it. As an aside, I am going to buy this kit...the away shirt...and give it to my grandson at his birthday coming up.

3. I will be off the site for a few days...I have a Board Meeting in Omaha Neb then my grandson's birthday in New Orleans. I am sorry to be going off the site at this moment but I will be back.