Stephen Ireland

Richard

He keeps the ball moving and has nobody aheady of him making attacking moves for him to pass to... sue him.

At least he isn't like Albrighton.. run, lose it, cross it out of play, run lose it, lose it, lose it, foul somebody, lose it.

Or Bannan... 456yard pass, to a defender, run, 450yard pass.. to a defender.. Bet he watches Soccer AM and wants to be on that shitty tekkas thing they do. **** off with the hollywood **** balls.

Ireland - Simple, effective, tries passes to players in space, keeps it ticking over, when a ball is on he will play it (but our players are usually too defensive or too thick)

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He never comes round to wash my windows or make me a cuppa either. When will we sell this indolent waste of space.

What exactly is he supposed to do, astrally project his psyche into the body of Gabby or Heskey and score with their body after also putting them through?

All in all rubbish points

or 'my opinion' points

if you are having to refer to a lovely curler that wasn't even that close to going in then you are proving my points for me

Opinions.....right, glad I haven't wasted any of my time reading your other 3000 odd opinions.

Thought he was a little off the pace today but still, he was the only player who looked like doing anything. Oh and his defensive work is something to be admired this season, didn't think he'd work in central midfield but the lad is making so many important interceptions and tackles.

or 'my opinion' points

if you are having to refer to a lovely curler that wasn't even that close to going in then you are proving my points for me

Opinions.....right, glad I haven't wasted any of my time reading your other 3000 odd opinions.

feel free to journey back and peruse them if you want...

i'll probably give the person who compares Paul Scholes to Steven Ireland a wide berth as well

or 'my opinion' points

feel free to journey back and peruse them if

i'll probably give the person who compares Paul Scholes to Steven Ireland a wide berth as well

Stop taking things so literally mate, anyone can see the point I was making was you don't have to be able to beat a player to be a good player, if that was the case inzogbia would be world class,,,

or 'my opinion' points

Stop taking things so literally mate, anyone can see the point I was making was you don't have to be able to beat a player to be a good player, if that was the case inzogbia would be world class,,,

i agree you don't have to be able to beat a player to be world class....

but if you are a creative midfielder and you can't take the ball past a player often then you need other attributes to shine consistently...

Scholes pings the ball 50 yards and 99% of the time hits the target...

he shoots from outside the box and has scored some of the greatest goals in the premiership....

he produces pin point through balls where it is impossible for the striker to miss...

he tackles back and gets stuck in....

Ireland does none of these except tracking back which is the least effective attribute to have as a AM

Good footballing brain but falls short on quality...

agree to disagree

his "through ball" never result in a goal

:lol: so that's his fault? Not only are his through balls accurate, but they are weighted absolutely perfectly nearly every single time.

completely disagree....

if our strikers are not scoring after Ireland has laid it on a plate of course it isnt his fault...

my arguement is he isn't laying it on a plate

or 'my opinion' points

i agree you don't have to be able to beat a player to be world class....

but if you are a creative midfielder and you can't take the ball past a player often then you need other attributes to shine consistently...

Scholes pings the ball 50 yards and 99% of the time hits the target...

he shoots from outside the box and has scored some of the greatest goals in the premiership....

he produces pin point through balls where it is impossible for the striker to miss...

he tackles back and gets stuck in....

Ireland does none of these except tracking back which is the least effective attribute to have as a AM

Good footballing brain but falls short on quality...

agree to disagree

Will have too, because now you've just compared him to scholes properly :)

I'd like to see him playing behind Weimann on Tuesday as there were a few bright moments between the two of them yesterday, bring Gardner into midfield in his place with the instruction of getting into the box to back up the wee men. I also think Carruthers is worth a shout ahead of Albrighton, who just pisses me off more and more with every passing game.

I'd like to see him playing behind Weimann on Tuesday as there were a few bright moments between the two of them yesterday, bring Gardner into midfield in his place with the instruction of getting into the box to back up the wee men. I also think Carruthers is worth a shout ahead of Albrighton, who just pisses me off more and more with every passing game.

I agree with everything this Gypsy is saying

Ireland doesn't have the benefit of being surrounded by top class players just now, as Scholes has throughout his career. Giggs, Cantona, Keane, Beckham, Van Nistelroy, Ronaldo, Rooney.

It's no surprise Ireland played immensely in his stint next to Robinho & Elano, looking the better player of the three.

Ireland clearly has class, I find it hard to believe that people want to sell him. He is one of our only players who seems to actually give a shit aswell, all he needs is to be surronded by confident players with a certain amount of ability. Players like Agbonlahor are so far away from his level its almost embarrasing.