Stephen Ireland

Richard

I don't understand how people can come to the conclusion he decided to meet the sun to speak about Ireland/Ash? There is nothing to indicate this infact it could've been pre-match interview before Wigan and a Journo could've asked him about Ireland.. what's he going to say? "No Comment"? Yeah because that'd look great for potential buyers for Ireland. I think he is actually spot on in what he said, this can be a warning to the rest of the players - you mess up you won't play in that position again, he's done it with Dunne and now done it with Ireland.
So saying he's not good enough in a certain position is going to help us sell him right..

It'd help the potential buyers know that he isn't good enough in that position, rightly so.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how people can come to the conclusion he decided to meet the sun to speak about Ireland/Ash? There is nothing to indicate this infact it could've been pre-match interview before Wigan and a Journo could've asked him about Ireland.. what's he going to say? "No Comment"? Yeah because that'd look great for potential buyers for Ireland. I think he is actually spot on in what he said, this can be a warning to the rest of the players - you mess up you won't play in that position again, he's done it with Dunne and now done it with Ireland.
So saying he's not good enough in a certain position is going to help us sell him right..

It'd help the potential buyers know that he isn't good enough in that position, rightly so.

Fair play to you,you like to defend GH but what your saying here is pure nuts,why the he'll would any manager come out and say such a thing when he's going to want the best value when it comes to dealing.

Fair play to you,you like to defend GH but what your saying here is pure nuts,why the he'll would any manager come out and say such a thing when he's going to want the best value when it comes to dealing.

I don't like to "Defend GH", I like to defend the current Villa Manager..

Because he isnt good enough for that role? its the truth, he isn't.. he isn't hiding anything, compared to Ash he isn't good enough the potential clubs will look at his performances anyway no doubt.

Because he isnt good enough for that role? its the truth, he isn't.. he isn't hiding anything, compared to Ash he isn't good enough the potential clubs will look at his performances anyway no doubt.

Then why the he'll do GH the blabbering fool need to come out and say it if clubs already know what he's like..

Then why the he'll do GH the blabbering fool need to come out and say it if clubs already know what he's like..

I said they'll look at his performance no doubt, i didn't say they know what he is already like, they probably do/don't we don't know.. its obvious we arent going to agree here and im entiltied to my opinion like you are so i think we should agree to diagree on this. :winkold:

well if we can get 7-8m for him doesnt bother me as he is replaceable without question

guy hasnt been interested whatsoever since he has been here

Thinking out loud but, he must have been like this during negotiations ?

I don't know how they did it but Man City seem to have had us over big style. If they knew he was not interested but told him to sign so they get our best player, he gets the sign on fee, he / they knew MON was going, he gets a move away as he refuses to play or be interested.

So we get 12M that won't be spent and a replacement that wants to leave, apart from that couple of annoying things it really was deal of the century.

GERARD HOULLIER took another swipe at Stephen Ireland, insisting he would not be 'stupid enough' to pick him in Ashley Young's position.

Aston Villa boss Houllier is facing up to being without star man Young for Christmas with a knee injury.

But the Frenchman is not about to pick 24-year-old Ireland — who has cost the club a huge £2,000 A MINUTE since signing in August — in the attacking-midfield role.

Houllier said: "He won't be playing in Ashley's position. I've done that before and it didn't work.

"So I'm not stupid, I'm not doing it again."

Ireland an £8million makeweight in the £24m deal that saw James Milner join Manchester City, has been told he can leave.

But Villa are desperate to recoup most of that cash.

Better news for Villa is that crocked midfielders Nigel Reo-Coker, Stiliyan Petrov and Fabian Delph have all resumed training.

http://tinyurl.com/362fspo

GERARD HOULLIER took another swipe at Stephen Ireland, insisting he would not be 'stupid enough' to pick him in Ashley Young's position.

Aston Villa boss Houllier is facing up to being without star man Young for Christmas with a knee injury.

But the Frenchman is not about to pick 24-year-old Ireland — who has cost the club a huge £2,000 A MINUTE since signing in August — in the attacking-midfield role.

Houllier said: "He won't be playing in Ashley's position. I've done that before and it didn't work.

Ireland an £8million makeweight in the £24m deal that saw James Milner join Manchester City, has been told he can leave.

Better news for Villa is that crocked midfielders Nigel Reo-Coker, Stiliyan Petrov and Fabian Delph have all resumed training.

Oh dear! Houllier really does need to stop this immediately.

I think everyone has got the message at this point regarding his feelings about Stephen Ireland.

He is now stepping into vindictive territory and he is doing the club no favours by these outbursts. He is diminishing the resale value of a player that we MUST get rid of.

The man can't help himself can he?

Slates Ireland in the press. Ireland gets upset. Houllier apologises.

Says to press "I regret slating Ireland in the press" but in the next breath slates him again.

Now this.

Tosser.

Come off it, If Ireland wanted to counter-act this he easily could, he has been using his agent to press an issue, who told the media about a scheduled meeting? Ireland did, hence questions asked to Houller. If Ireland really wants to stay he could come out and say so, but silence on this occasion speaks volumes for me, and for him being more interested in suing Man City for a poxy few million instead of his Villa career says volumes. Gazton i know you have a contact in this with Ireland but he is by no means whiter than white in this even if he is painting this picture to his friend. Why hasn't he got himself a place in Birmingham if he see's this as a club he wants to be at? He really does not want to be here and his actions of him and his agent are really showing this. As for Houllier's latest comments, I'd say he's hit the nail on the head.

I don't think Ireland has done himself any favours by living in Manchester and commuting for training etc and not showing the club the commitment. A the end of the day the club recognised that he could add value to this team and put some trust in him despite the fact that he hasn't played much football and he needs to show the club he actually wants to make a go of this and throw his all into trying to adjust and fit in. That is something we haven't seen from Stephen Ireland and until he shows this I'm fully behind Houllier in his treatment of Ireland.

FFS, ive just shown a little bit of support for GH in the Houllier thread. however I do mention his cliumsy interviews.

No matter how correct he is (and he is btw) this is as poor as man management can get. Totally uncalled for!!

If the General were still responding to us on here, id ask the following question:

"How does the media shy, articulate and well spoken owner of ours, Randy Lerner, react to the all the more regular outbursts by our manager in the press which seem to do nothing but bring negative publicity over our club, and particular players?"

Houllier should shut the **** up and concentrate on making the defenders able to keep clean sheets, and the strikers score goals, rather than make himself look like an unschooled moron in the press.

That, is my two pennies on Monsieur Houllier.

A manager is asked a question and answers - i don't see the problem and the specifics of what he said are incorrect. We have just been used to MON's way of answering without answering and now someone tells it like it is everyone is up in arms.

This could all mean he will play ireland somewhere else

The man can't help himself can he?

Slates Ireland in the press. Ireland gets upset. Houllier apologises.

Says to press "I regret slating Ireland in the press" but in the next breath slates him again.

Now this.

Tosser.

he's a blabbering gobshite if you ask me,its every bloody week now since he has come here that he has talked some shite.he's turning this club into a bloody media circus.who the hell would want to come to this club with him in charge Ireland isnt the only player that this flute has banged on about..