Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

needs to be partnered with makoun asap, and the third player for the central trio needs to be bought before we start preseason training so that all 3 can learn to work together. id hold onto stan for a sub there and if we cant shift ireland, then id give him a chance for the advanced role for home games in front of delph and makoun

manager needs to be sorted, and then a cm needs to be sorted first though

Some very good passing at times today. He kept hold of the ball for too long at times as he was a bit off the pace but it's expected when he hasn't played in midfield properly in over a year - especially against a side like Arsenal. Given a run of games in pre-season he'll be fantastic for us next year. Wasn't at all scared to run into 'The Hole' either at times.

Needs a run in the team. Could easily replace Milner IMO, has a great engine and stamina, bite in the tackle and he's bulked up (must be taking tips from Gabby!). Not to mention his passing ability at times is something else. I think that role as the advanced man in a midfield three is made for him.

McAllister said at Villa they rate him as highly as Arsenal rate Wilshere which will be a big boost for the lad. Although that could change if Houllier leaves at the end of the season.

Lets just hope he gets a good pre-season under his belt and if NRC leaves he will be the player to replace him :)

McAllister said at Villa they rate him as highly as Arsenal rate Wilshere which will be a big boost for the lad.

Where does he say that? Link?

And I thought Delph was quality today, added balance to the team with his left foot IMO. Wasn't as good as he normally is but that's because he hasn't played in months.

Think he's really bulked up recently. When we signed him his arms were like sticks but now his arms are huge.

McAllister said at Villa they rate him as highly as Arsenal rate Wilshere which will be a big boost for the lad.

Where does he say that? Link?

And I thought Delph was quality today, added balance to the team with his left foot IMO. Wasn't as good as he normally is but that's because he hasn't played in months.

Think he's really bulked up recently. When we signed him his arms were like sticks but now his arms are huge.

I heard it on BBC WM.

I thought he was decent today.

I reckon we will see more from him next season as i think it will take a good 12 months+ for him to fully recover from his injury much like Downing took a season to properly recover from his and look at him now.

Looked naive at times and held onto the ball for too long ultimately losing it and putting us under pressure. Saying that he there were glimpses of a good player in the making, definitely needs more first team football next season.

Yep definatly needs a run of games now toget him up to speed.
His physical attributes where the one thing that stood out for me today, he made Ramsey and Wilshere look like much younger players imo. Can't wait to see him in a three man midfield. If Makoun lives up to what people are saying he can be like, these two will be great with a proper taller tougher defensive mid.

I thought he was excellent today, got caught in possession once from my memory. Should have been in the team far earlier.
TBF, he only came back after a poor injury this year, and i think he was rushed straight back in with injurys to our midfield, i'd say with a good preseason he'll be our best player next season.

I like him a lot, think his vision is there to see, he has no fear and also seems to want to get involved a lot and doesn't shy away. A favourite of mine who I think will achieve a lot for us.

Â