Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

Fair play to the lad. We tend to play with a single striker and there is no way he is getting ahead of Bent, Heskey and Gabby, especially as we are out of all the cups and Bent is available for all our remaining games. I think playing 10+ games in the Championship and scoring regularly will do more for his confidence then sitting on our bench and coming on for 10 mins chasing lost causes.

I do, he regularly scores when given the opportunity to start, Uefa Cup, Fa Cup, 2 starts in Prem, goal vs Blackpool and could of had a couple vs Fulham, (getting in the right positions)...he must have something to score regularly when given the chance. Just seems a question of work rate and attitude.

All the best players know they are good. He just needs game time. Ballotelli is the laziest bastard of a footballer I have ever seen but even he scores for fun. I agree maybe Fonz is being cocky when he hasnt given anybody a reason as to why he is cocky. The lads only 20 and spent the last 2 or 3 years with people calling him the new Thierry Henry or the new Drogba. Even something as stupid as the fact he becomes an absolute world beater on football manager (presuming he or at the very least, his mates have played the game).

I would have an inflated ego too. He just needs to get some game time and keep trying to progress, if he doesnt try and progress we wont even remember him in a few years. But he has the ability to be a very good player

Just seems a question of work rate and attitude.

Which I would say is every bit as important as ability in a youngster. Hopefully a lone spell will do him good, build him up a player but at the same time show him he has to work in the first team and that he hasn't yet 'made it'.

I think for him to fully develop he needs to stay at Burnley for the rest of the season and maybe next season go on a season long loan to a new comer or someone in the Premier League. Just to give him 20-25 games in the Premier League which is more then he would get here until Big Hesk leaves. If he went on a season long loan to a Championship side I'd be sceptical to what he would gain in comparison to what he could gain from a season long loan in the Premier League.

Â