Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlucky deflection off Clark for Germany's first goal. I think it was on target from Khedira so it doesn't go down as an own goal. That's a bummer, hope it doesn't hurt his confidence.

I don't see why it would. He didn't look down at all after it happened because he couldn't of done anything, and he had a very solid game once again. Also could've added one in extra as LockStock said, but to be honest Neuer made that save look a lot harder than it was. Still a good header

• 2 weeks later...

Tactics lost us that game. Clark or no Clark we'd have still lost.

Up until spurs first goal they couldn't get the ball past the middle of the field. The goal was their first dangerous attack at all and if Clark was in he probably wpildve prevented it. Then the second goal was when villa pushed forward for an equaliser

Up until spurs first goal they couldn't get the ball past the middle of the field. The goal was their first dangerous attack at all and if Clark was in he probably wpildve prevented it. Then the second goal was when villa pushed forward for an equaliser
We needed to keep the ball and pass better, that's nothing Clark would have had an effect on. We'd have played the same with him in there and we'd have probably conceded eventually.

Baker is better against the physical teams who lump it up like Stoke and West Ham, ironically he'd probably fancy it against Lukaku next week.

I've been very critical of Clark but he has really stepped it up so far this season so fair play and I imagine he'll start against Everton.

We needed to keep the ball and pass better, that's nothing Clark would have had an effect on. We'd have played the same with him in there and we'd have probably conceded eventually.

Why? We play better when we play on the counter. We were set up fine and were probably looking the more likely to score although we weren't being especially threatening. Spurs scored a lucky goal which had a major impact on the game. If it was still 0-0 by the time Benteke came on I doubt we would have lost the match.

Baker is better against the physical teams who lump it up like Stoke and West Ham, ironically he'd probably fancy it against Lukaku next week.

I've been very critical of Clark but he has really stepped it up so far this season so fair play and I imagine he'll start against Everton.

Maybe it used to be like this, but not any more. Clark is clearly better than Baker right now, regardless of the oposition.

Well, there is a growing tide of opinion that thinks counter attack is failing, we'd have played it v spurs with or without Clark. I think your review of the game is a little skewed, from the off it was when, not if Spurs score.

Really? They created literally nothing the first half an hour, couldnt bring the ball past midfield

They put the reins on the FB's which stifled their and our attack, but they were most likely to score. They had far more possession in the attacking 3rd, it was us who couldn't get past midfield. Their shots were limited to just one up to the goal, but if you give a team that much possession and in that area, well we saw what happened. It's fine when playing counter to give the opposition possession in that area, if when we get the ball back we totally burn them with a quick break but they weren't going to let us.

Edited by Kingfisher

Well, there is a growing tide of opinion that thinks counter attack is failing, we'd have played it v spurs with or without Clark. I think your review of the game is a little skewed, from the off it was when, not if Spurs score.

Really? They created literally nothing the first half an hour, couldnt bring the ball past midfield

id agree with that, Spurs were actually quite ordinary and think if we had of got to half time 0-0 without conceding an unfortunate goal we might have had them rattled

ifs and buts though

Â