Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RC Lens have some really excellent youth prospects, the board don't give you any money for transfers but you get a nice £240K p/w to work with.. the youth prospects however are really excellent and can fit in the first team immediately (offer them a new contract as hot prospect; usually automatically done once you select "offer contract") PSG (Paris Saint Germain) also have some excellent youth so you can take them too. RC Lens don't have big expectations either, just finish in a comfortable position (mid table if that) in the league.

I'm playing as Oxford United, I'm still in League 2, in my second season now. Last season I was drifting just outside the playoff places all season, everytime we were within a point of the play offs, we'd lose to a crap team... badly, then as soon as the playoffs were out of reach, we'd go and smash the teams in the top 5.

I've made some good, free signings this season, though I'm a bit over budget. The board have FINALLY let me have a parent club, I chose Wolves over Millwall.

I've tamely been knocked out of both cups despite having a better team.

Think I might edit the game and revive the Washington Diplomats!

cant really get into a game this year. I stop after about 3 months in each game with about 50 or 60 different teams so far but cant find any rhythm

MIght try manage a few lower league teams see how that goes

Once I promote lower league teams (i.e Q.P.R to premier league) I usually start a new game as I start to lose interest and the challenge fades away.

However with RC Lens so far the youth setup etc is fantastic, massive potential in the team and every year you get great regens as it has "excellent youth academy and recruitment"! Highly recommend teams that have a good youth setup.

Have done 2 seasons since my last update.

1st - 2023-2024

Prem: Won it.

FA Cup: 3rd Rd.

League Cup: 3rd Rd.

Champo League: 1st Knockout Rd.

Finally won the league but still no progress in CL. Knocked out by Barca this time.

Made a couple of big signings. A Brazillian DC for £35m and an English MC for £15m. My transfer policy now consists of sending youngsters on loan bringing in loan fees then using those funds to buy more youngsters. Some sort of vicious circle that keeps increasing the amount of young players I have.

-------------------

2nd - 2024-2025

Prem: 3rd.

FA Cup: Semi-Final.

League Cup: 3rd Rd.

Champo League: 1st Knockout Rd.

Not a great season. Quite a few points of the title. Man City ran away with it. Lost to Arsenal in FAC Semi. Lost to Sevilla on away goals in CL.

Maninho (My amazing Brazilian striker) has won Golden Boot in Europe 3 years in a row now and runner up for World Player of Year.

1 major signing. £20m for an Italian DM. Brought in £30m through loan fees. Bought some youngsters with the change.

My plan now is to win the CL then I will quit this game. I am also England manager atm but not really bothered about that.

2025 wow, I can never get further then a few seasons without getting bored myself. Must be a great game!

I usually don't get past about 5 seasons but this time I set out with Solihull Moors and wouldn't stop until I won the Prem and CL.

Although tbh there was one stage I was ready to quit. I was in the Championship for 2 seasons after getting relegated from Prem and if I didn't get promoted that season I would have quit. I did and the rest is history. :)

Where are Villa?

Villa2025.jpg

Wil post a list of managers we've had later. Not inspiring at all. Still got Randy at the helm though.

Houllier

Curbishley - Leage Cup Winners, FA Cup Runners-up

Dave Jones

Tony Pulis

Paul Jewell

Steven Gerrard

Mark Hughes

Chris Brunt - Got top 4

Bruno Alves

Gary Issot (Apparently he is currently a youth coach at Crystal Palace in real life)

So apart from Curbishley nobody has done anything

Â