Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

Who would you say are the top 5 must buy players Andy? And other people.

Don't mean Messi/Ronaldo, mean surprise stand out players this year.

if you mean "gettable" players for most top flight teams ill let you know in a few weeks, 2 years into my happily cheating kidderminster game where 40 -9 players were edited into my team, galeano is the best CB i can tell that straight away

did it last year, andy might be able to confirm if playing every week actually has an influence on their development but i got the fonz to a higher level then i can on villa games and turned tafer, areola and grenier into 3 of the best players in the world

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished my 12th season with Solihull Moors. 2021-2022.

Prem: 4th.

FA Cup: Won.

League Cup: Won.

What.A.Season!

Back up into the Prem and never expected it to go this well. When I was in the Prem last time round, I spent extravagantly and out of my depth. Since then I haven't spent a penny and that includes this season. That is one of the main reasons I've done so well I think.

I had the quality of players but they needed time to gel. Well they had 2 whole seasons to do that before this one and it seemed to have worked.

Started off really well going unbeaten in 7 and sitting 2nd. Over the course of the season I dropped off a little and Man City & Arsenal ran away. I was in 3rd/4th all the time though. Finishing up there comfortably in the end.

Got good draws in both domestic cups and beat Chelsea in both finals.

In the CL next season and I need the money badly.

Both my centre backs finished 1st & 2nd in Young Player of Year.

Still only an Icon though:(

He had more accuracy of putting his head through the post ;)

Right started with Redditch

Got a load of freebies in sent a load packin as well.

Barrett is stand out signing at the moment and a striker dont remember his name

Won first game away at staylybridge 4-1

beginners luck as then went on to draw with alfreton and lose to boston

both at home

slightly frustrating after a great start

need a little work on defence now

I was offered Leigh Griffths for £800k, I don't have the money atm so I offered in installments and it went through, I will have him in the jan window.

I think in the Jan window i'll sell 6-7 players as in the summer I did bring in alot of players (nearly all of them on a free - I think i paid £££ for 2-3 of them) so I'll hopefully get rid of some and get some ££££ in return to perhaps try and bring in 1 or 2 quality players in the window - that's my hope anyway.

I was offered Leigh Griffths for £800k, I don't have the money atm so I offered in installments and it went through, I will have him in the jan window.

I think in the Jan window i'll sell 6-7 players as in the summer I did bring in alot of players (nearly all of them on a free - I think i paid £££ for 2-3 of them) so I'll hopefully get rid of some and get some ££££ in return to perhaps try and bring in 1 or 2 quality players in the window - that's my hope anyway.

Bring in some scouts and put some good time into looking for newgens, trust me, it will be worth it (it is a little boring but you can get some corkers)

Bring in some scouts and put some good time into looking for newgens, trust me, it will be worth it (it is a little boring but you can get some corkers)

I'll give it a go, i've decided to sell 6-7 players and not buy anyone in Jan unless i really have to (injuries or something)

Finished my 13th season with Solihull Moors. 2022-2023.

Prem: 3rd.

FA Cup: 5th Rd.

League Cup: 4th Rd.

Champo League: 1st Knockout Rd.

Built on last season. Improved in the league a little, gaining one place. No chance of losing in CL Qualies now.

Decided to send my star striker on loan to Man City for the season which bagged me £16m. This money enabled to me go out and buy about 10 youngsters for the future. They were all then sent on loan too, bringing in just over £10m in loan fees. That money then meant I could buy a left winger from Celtic for £13m. Beat Bayern to his signature and he is class!

Lost to Dortmund in CL. Had quite a tough group with Barca, Zenit, Auxerre. A good result away to Barca (1-1) basically got me through.

Left my Q.P.R (5 points clear in 1st position :D) and Watford save for the time being and have started a new game as Inter.

So far I have bought a LB (Jelle Van Damme) (Chivu is great but there was no backup) and promoted Lorenzo Crisetig from youth (17 years old) to first team as the team is quite small in numbers when it comes to midfield and have also bought Moussa Sissoko for £10m with £5m in monthly installments as one for the future as the inter squad is quite old but still great.. I still have around £20m left but don't plan to spend it at all now as I have a great squad :D

Â